Your top ten men of all time?
In somwhat of an order,
Paul wylie (pro)
Kurt Browning (pro)
Victor Petrenko(professional years)
This was tough as I also love Weirs skating. And I decided the Brians got boring after the competitive years. What about y'all? there are so many great men. I also loved the competitive years of Elvis. This was hard!
I love Tomas Verner's exhibition pieces. His competition programs are always good when he's on, but he's a hot and cold skater.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGHy1tIVuMg 2009 ex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNowm6cK3S4 2008 ex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZMRpnLPPY 2007 ex
What's not to love? He is hilarious and adorable and really gets into his programs. I can't decide if I like his skating so much because I think he's hot and love his personality or if he is actually really good. His exhibitions are always great, and his programs CAN be great.
I'm only including ones who won national titles and/or world or Olympic medals, even though I have enjoyed some lower-level skaters possibly more than some of these.
1) Kurt Browning, without a doubt
2) Elvis Stojko - I don't like him anymore, but I really enjoyed him when he was competitive, I was always on the edge of my seat during his performances and even cried one time he came second. unfortunately he's become a jerk.
3) Evan Lysacek - I've really come to love him the last two or three seasons
4) Michael Weiss
5) Jeffrey Buttle
6) Stephane Lambiel
7) Patrick Chan
8) Brian Boitano
9) Brian Orser
10) Todd Eldredge
Don't care about the rest
Not in particular order:
Johnny Weir (2007 and before)
Brian Joubert (2009 and later)
- Ilia Kulik - rare combination of natural athletic ability and unique artistry
- Evgeni Plushenko - most dominate skater in recent history
- Todd Eldredge - clean, neat, precise skater
- Brian Boitano
- Alexi Yagudin - great attitude and tremendous performer
- Brian Orser - Mr. 3A, great programs + artistry!
- Elvis Stojko - best competitor in his glory years
- Takeshi Honda - natural jumper and cool emotions
- Brian Joubert
- Rudy Galindo - 1996!! + YMCA!
Last edited by bibi24; 03-13-2010 at 01:36 AM.
1. Kurt Browning
2. Scott Hamilton
3. Paul Wylie
4. Brian Boitano
5. Evan Lysacek
6. Alexei Yagudin
7. Ryan Bradley
8. Viktor Petrenko
9. Brian Orser
10. Michael Weiss
In no particular order:
John Curry (as a pro also)
Robin Cousins (as a pro also)
Paul Wylie (pro)
Michael Weiss (pro)
Last edited by Jaana; 03-13-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Gotta Have Music