The USA Needs 13 Points in 3 Disciplines | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The USA Needs 13 Points in 3 Disciplines

jennylovskt

Medalist
Thanks for sharing those comments.
I'm rooting for the guy but these comments only make me feel more uneasy. Every time a skater says things like that it never seems to bode well. How many times did we hear Alissa Czisny saying oh, yes, my confidence is way higher, I've learned a lot from last year or the last competition or whatever....
Jeremy should just say to himself or to the world that he messed up like skaters sometimes do and that he'll try his best at worlds like he always intends to. All this trying to assure everybody that everything is different a month later and that this time he is really ready mentally ... how does he know? He doesn't. The fact that he's banging on about his own mental toughness tells me that he's still too focused on the end result and not on focusing on each element at a time.
But of course, all that is way easier said that done ... I hope he proves me wrong b/c he's one of my favorites.

I felt the same way too.

I know that he has to say something when the journalists ask him. But I just prefer him not saying anything or promise anything. Just focus, focus, like Lysacek, tunnel vision. Forget about the outside. Forget about everything, such as twitters, facebook, or his connections with his fans. Forget about these things. Just focus. I wish Jeremy reads on this board. Wish him good luck!

Layfan

Record Breaker
I felt the same way too.

I know that he has to say something when the journalists ask him. But I just prefer him not saying anything or promise anything. Just focus, focus, like Lysacek, tunnel vision. Forget about the outside. Forget about everything, such as twitters, facebook, or his connections with his fans. Forget about these things. Just focus. I wish Jeremy reads on this board. Wish him good luck!

Yeah, that's true...
I feel for the guy that he knew he was too overexcited about the Olympics and couldn't get himself into the right mindset even though he knew he was thinking about the wrong things. I do know exactly what he means.
I just hope he doesn't go into worlds thinking, okay, I'm going to show everyone, and this is my chance, and I'll get on the podium for sure... but it's hard.
Jeremy: GOOD LUCK! You are still a two-time national champ no matter what and your performances at nationals were one of the best ever.:love:

julielai

Rinkside
That's one thing that puzzles me about the facebook site's administration. Seems like the site's admin(s) really encourage traffic and interaction before and even during big competitions. And given Jeremy's personality, it'll be hard for him not to feel like he has to reply and interact with the fan posters even when he should be doing something else. Many other top competitors' sites are much quieter.

But yeah, focus, Jeremy!

Just focus, focus, like Lysacek, tunnel vision. Forget about the outside. Forget about everything, such as twitters, facebook, or his connections with his fans. Forget about these things. Just focus. I wish Jeremy reads on this board. Wish him good luck!

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
With the withdrawal of Plush, the US guys are in great shape to do well at this Worlds and get those 3 spots. I feel like they have no excuse now to not qualify 3.

It seems, repeat seems Japan is a certainty for 3 skaters next season

Canada has Chan and who else?

France has Joubert and Amodio

United States has Abbott, Bradley and Rippon

Can Russia do it with Voronov and Borodulin?

It means: a Winner gets 3 and the following combinations: 2+11; 3+10; 4+9; 5+8; 6+7

silverlake22

Record Breaker

It means: a Winner gets 3 and the following combinations: 2+11; 3+10; 4+9; 5+8; 6+7

Too bad Verner withdrew, with Plush not going and all the other withdrawals, Czech Republic would have a decent shot at getting 3 spots for men at next years worlds.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

The winner doesn't get three - see Germany in pairs or S. Korea in ladies.

Canada has Chan and Reynolds. Not happening. Reynolds has a 4-3 that could keep him in contention, but his PCS will be (justifably) low and unless we see meltdowns, it isn't happening. Russia cannot do it. Not happening. Maintaining two is their goal.

France can do it, but they require an on form Joubert and Amodio. USA can as well.

Japan is the tricky one. Not for three spots - that's all but guaranteed, but where? They can clog up the top seven/nine and make it very difficult for any other nation to crash through.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
The winner doesn't get three - see Germany in pairs or S. Korea in ladies.

Canada has Chan and Reynolds. Not happening. Reynolds has a 4-3 that could keep him in contention, but his PCS will be (justifably) low and unless we see meltdowns, it isn't happening. Russia cannot do it. Not happening. Maintaining two is their goal.

France can do it, but they require an on form Joubert and Amodio. USA can as well.

Japan is the tricky one. Not for three spots - that's all but guaranteed, but where? They can clog up the top seven/nine and make it very difficult for any other nation to crash through.

How old is Kevin Reynolds? I was just watching him on youtube, great jumper (that 4sal is sick!) but he looks like he has yet to go through puberty...