Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pairs LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Regarding the extra Pair Team. Isn't it standard to request additional Pairs to fill up the whole event?
    No. NEVER.

Custom Title
    Until very recently, I remember seeing in the ISU entrant list only 2 Chinese pairs entered with the rest as substitutes. Why it changed to 3 pairs allowed, I also don't know. There is nothing I could find in the ISU rules that would account for granting the Chinese an extra place, unless it is some obscure regulation or loophole that isn't well publicized.

The ISU should put something out there on why this was allowed. The silence from all the other federations is curious, which leads me to believe that all of them know something that we don't. I'd hate to have to go back to my default position, which is that Chinese (sports federations) will always push the rules and even cheat, if given half the chance and other people let them.

Rinkside
    OMG!Did Sui and Han throw a 4S? That's HUGE!!!!!
    Just like this pair, Sui is SO CUTE! Hope Han can be a little bit bigger and higher in the future, now seems that he's too short ( ISU says that he's only 170cm)
    Hope they can hit a 4F next time as they can always give the huge throws!

Rinkside
    Throw 4F???
    It seems a matter of impossibility...Too hard from the angle of tech.
    BUT it can be true now that this cute pair have brought sooooo great a surprise today!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler View Post
    No. NEVER.
    RE: Fill up additional Pairs

What about that year when of the GPs with P/T, and S/S filling up additional GP vacancies if hey wanted to (and they did) causing would-be bronze medalists to lose out on a medal?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by fayinn View Post
    Throw 4F???
    It seems a matter of impossibility...Too hard from the angle of tech.
    BUT it can be true now that this cute pair have brought sooooo great a surprise today!!
    I think they've praticed the throw 4F before cause what they did at the JGPF with the throw 3F was extremely HUGE! with that distance and height I think they can hit a 4F!

Rinkside
    Sui/Han can do throw 4 flip in practise actually.

On the Ice
    Sui/Han are absolutely adorable! I really like their expressive personality during their performances, not emotionless, all about tech.
    Hope Han can grow a bit more, and Sui not out grow Han... like what happened to Z/Z.

Throw QUAD in juniors? wow! Has anyone actually done this in seniors yet, in comp? I remember Zhang and Zhang's attempt..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Throw QUAD in juniors? wow! Has anyone actually done this in seniors yet, in comp? I remember Zhang and Zhang's attempt..
    In seniors, Vise/Trent in 2007 TEB (Clean, though almost a hand down) and Kavaguti/Smirnov in 2009 Euros (a hand down.) These two attempted 4STh in othr competitions too but either fell or got DGed, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Zhang/Zhang actually landed one at the national games before the Olympics:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2dUqG7xTLE

I also remember the Canadian team of Miller/Moran(sp?) tried it numerous times, but I don't think any were ratified.

Crazy for a junior team to even be attempting it. Amazing!
    Last edited by sarukou; 03-12-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    In seniors, Vise/Trent in 2007 TEB (Clean, though almost a hand down) and Kavaguti/Smirnov in 2009 Euros (a hand down.) These two attempted 4STh in othr competitions too but either fell or got DGed, iirc.
    Kavaguti/smirnov also landed a pretty good one at worlds 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk810jLxr_A

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirll View Post
    Kavaguti/smirnov also landed a pretty good one at worlds 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk810jLxr_A
    Thanks Gymgirll for correction, that was definitely a better one than at the Euros in the following season.

Rinkside
    Say someone's letting you board a plane without purchasing the ticket, will you do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2