Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Men LP

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    I remember watching mens junior finals last season on Eurosport. I miss two guys who were top ten then; Balde (CAN) whith the dreadlocks and Curran Oi (US) ?
    About Elladj, he missed out on the entire season due to a torn (something -- I'm not big on medical details!) in his knee, an injury sustained last Spring (April-May, I think). He restarted to land doubles a couple of months ago, but not in time for Nationals, so hopefully he's be back strong next year!

Denis Ten was probably tired from the Olympics, I'm guessing.. although Rakimgaliev was there too..

Rinkside
    So happy with Yuzuru Hanyu, Nan Song, and Artur Gachinski !
    Hanyu really shows himself in the competiton, he has that strong ability and special style that no one can compare. Just LOVE him skating! Very well done!
    This is Song's last Junior Worlds and that will be a good memory for him. No Chinese has won a silver in this competiton before! His jumps are really beautiful and the other elements are great, just need to show more personalty in his performances and that will be perfect!
    I felt so SORRY about Denis Ten, he's such a GENIUS skater, but surely this is not his season... I think his nation just put so much pressure on him, he's obviously OVERUSED! His so dynamic last year, but now he just look SOOOOOO PAIN! He's only 16, stop sending him to so many competitons!

Custom Title
    Congratulation Hanyu, you are the future

Sorry for Denis,hope he doing better a world.

Custom Title
    Any pictures?

Custom Title
    Very impressive jumping from Hanyu. He is so young and will hope that physical maturation adds strength without affecting timing too much. Growing is an adjustment. Is he too young for Senior Grand Prix events next year?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kypma View Post
    About Elladj, he missed out on the entire season due to a torn (something -- I'm not big on medical details!) in his knee, an injury sustained last Spring (April-May, I think). He restarted to land doubles a couple of months ago, but not in time for Nationals, so hopefully he's be back strong next year!
    Too bad because this was the last season that Balde could compete as a junior internationally and unfortunately this season was washed out. Now he has to rely on senior B's and ihe might get Skate Canada if he does well in the senior B.

The competition for the third Canadian Skate Canada spot ( ie the Nebelhorn skateoff traditionally ) will be huge. With Jeremy Ten, Vaughn Chipheur and Joey Russell unlikely to get GP invites from other countries they may be forced to go back to the senior B's to get Skate Canada. As well other candidates might emerge through summer monitoring.

I wouldn't be surprise if Skate Canada leaves 2 spots open to the best senior B skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    Very impressive jumping from Hanyu. He is so young and will hope that physical maturation adds strength without affecting timing too much. Growing is an adjustment. Is he too young for Senior Grand Prix events next year?
    Nope! He's 15 and he's already been on JGP so he can do SGP next year!

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Nope! He's 15 and he's already been on JGP so he can do SGP next year!
    Yuzuru was wonderful!!! I'm excited to see him on the senior level~~!!
    Some awesome potential and current talent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3