Men LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men LP

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Very well done Yusuru :clap:

Also congrats to Song and Gachinski!

I remember watching mens junior finals last season on Eurosport. I miss two guys who were top ten then; Balde (CAN) whith the dreadlocks and Curran Oi (US) ?

Sweden 2 spots next season thanks to Majorov :rock:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Sorry, my error. I forgot that Sweden had only one entry. Yes, Majorov's placement gets Sweden 2 spots for next year.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Ooh, that 3A + SEQ really hurt Messing. -3.92 on GOE (didn't know that it was possible for -3's and -2's to factor into less than -3...) has got to hurt.

Wow, Nan Song's 3A + 3T scored 13.40 (including GOE). Biggest scoring combo of the LP.

nadster

Final Flight
The part that really hurts for the United States is that as the 4th highest ranked country at JW this year, their JGP slots will be reduced from 14 to 7.

That is unless the ISU change the rules again.

lavender

Record Breaker
Wow.. USA was 1 and 2 then dropped off the podium. What happened with Denis and Armin. They are veterans on the junior circuit and they're pretty good skaters.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Congrats to all the medalists: Yuzuru Hanyu, Nan Song, and Artur Gachinski :thumbsup:

OMG, Yuzuru is the world champ! :agree::rock:

Buzzz

Final Flight
Congratulations to all the medalist and what a huuuuge jump in the standings for Arthur jr. It is also so nice to see China with a top men's skater again and long over due as well. :thumbsup:

Kypma

Final Flight
I remember watching mens junior finals last season on Eurosport. I miss two guys who were top ten then; Balde (CAN) whith the dreadlocks and Curran Oi (US) ?

About Elladj, he missed out on the entire season due to a torn (something -- I'm not big on medical details!) in his knee, an injury sustained last Spring (April-May, I think). He restarted to land doubles a couple of months ago, but not in time for Nationals, so hopefully he's be back strong next year!

nodreams

Spectator
So happy with Yuzuru Hanyu, Nan Song, and Artur Gachinski !
Hanyu really shows himself in the competiton, he has that strong ability and special style that no one can compare. Just LOVE him skating! Very well done!
This is Song's last Junior Worlds and that will be a good memory for him. No Chinese has won a silver in this competiton before! His jumps are really beautiful and the other elements are great, just need to show more personalty in his performances and that will be perfect!
I felt so SORRY about Denis Ten, he's such a GENIUS skater, but surely this is not his season... I think his nation just put so much pressure on him, he's obviously OVERUSED! His so dynamic last year, but now he just look SOOOOOO PAIN! He's only 16, stop sending him to so many competitons!

Binthere

On the Ice
Very impressive jumping from Hanyu. He is so young and will hope that physical maturation adds strength without affecting timing too much. Growing is an adjustment. Is he too young for Senior Grand Prix events next year?

nadster

Final Flight
About Elladj, he missed out on the entire season due to a torn (something -- I'm not big on medical details!) in his knee, an injury sustained last Spring (April-May, I think). He restarted to land doubles a couple of months ago, but not in time for Nationals, so hopefully he's be back strong next year!

Too bad because this was the last season that Balde could compete as a junior internationally and unfortunately this season was washed out. Now he has to rely on senior B's and ihe might get Skate Canada if he does well in the senior B.

The competition for the third Canadian Skate Canada spot ( ie the Nebelhorn skateoff traditionally ) will be huge. With Jeremy Ten, Vaughn Chipheur and Joey Russell unlikely to get GP invites from other countries they may be forced to go back to the senior B's to get Skate Canada. As well other candidates might emerge through summer monitoring.

I wouldn't be surprise if Skate Canada leaves 2 spots open to the best senior B skaters.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Very impressive jumping from Hanyu. He is so young and will hope that physical maturation adds strength without affecting timing too much. Growing is an adjustment. Is he too young for Senior Grand Prix events next year?

Nope! He's 15 and he's already been on JGP so he can do SGP next year! :love: