9 Petr COUFAL (CZE) 138.11
10 Stephen Li-Chung KUO (TPE) 136.27
11 Petr BIDAR (CZE) 131.30
12 Bela PAPP (FIN) 128.78

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Oh dear, two deductions for Armin. I was hoping he would have a good day.

Yeah, 2 deductions and a total of about 25 points off his personal best (and that's a PB at the Junior level, not anything from his senior GP events).

Wonder if it's anything to do with not having had any other junior level competitions this year.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
With international competitions, sometimes a young person is not experienced enough to know to travel to the venue soon enough to avoid jet lag problems in performance. Sometimes, they just pick up a foreign germ to which their body has no immunity yet, and while coming down with the illness, their coordination goes kerflooey. Sometimes, they even get food poisoning. I remember how Alexei Yagudin had to compete while very ill, sometimes. After a beautiful sp to Ziganochka, he became ill and his free skate was technically correct, but somewhat wooden. He got it done, though, like a hero, and won overall. His lips were so pale during that FS; I'll never forget that. He got so sick at his first Olympics, that he was actually falling during his performance, which was so abnormal for him, that the audience gasped. It turned out that he had quite a fever. Apparently, he had washed his hair and come down to the rink to watch other skaters with his hair still wet, and thus gotten *very* sick; he came in fifth overall that time. When one is young, these things happen. They learn from experience.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Armin may be going through a growspurt too. He looked notably taller at nationals than he did this fall. Also, male skaters don't peak until their twenties, Armin still has time.

seniorita

Record Breaker
wow thanx for onlone results link! They even write the score to beat!
I just saw dennis ten, he didnt do well..

wow thanx for onlone results link! They even write the score to beat!
I just saw dennis ten, he didnt do well..
Well, at least Armin is in good company. He's sandwiched in between the two Kazakhs (if that's a word).

ETA: The names of current nos. 8 and 9 would make a good test. Real FS fans could pronounce them correctly. Hmm, am I a real fan? :think:

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Interestingly, Rakimgaliev actually did better than Ten in the LP by 6 points.

So right now, Hanyu is guaranteed a medal (with only two skaters to go). The podium's probably going to be Hanyu, Song, and either Messing or Hochstein unless Gachinksi can come from behind.

And things are looking good for the US to keep three spots for next year, which is great considering they just missed it by a few in pairs.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Wow, Denis Ten completely bombed. A meltdown of Kostner proportions.. only 42 points in TES. Still the 4th highest PCS though. I guess the kid is just exhausted, it was a big gamble to come here but the chance of becoming world junior champion was too big. I really hope he recovers for Torino, but is gonna be even more exhausting for him.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
And with Hochstein's skate, the US clinches three spots for next year. China comes away with only 2 (no matter how Gachinski skates). Does Japan get 3 if (or when) Hanyu wins?

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Wow! Japan had only one entry, and he is first--that means that Japan may send three men at the next Jr. Worlds!

ETA: Russia's total placements comes to a sum of 10, so they will get three entry slots at the next Jr. Worlds, also!

ETA again: USA has placements sum of 9 for our top two, so we also get three entry slots at the next Jr. Worlds!

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Congrats to Yuzuru Hanyu, Nan Song, and Artur Gachinski!

So close for Keegan Messing and Grant Hochstein. Just barely off the podium. Without Keegan's deduction, he might have beaten Gachinski (with the point back plus additional GOE that he probably had lost back).

Looks like it's Japan, Russia, and the US for three mens spots next year.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
And with Hochstein's skate, the US clinches three spots for next year. China comes away with only 2 (no matter how Gachinski skates). Does Japan get 3 if (or when) Hanyu wins?

Yes, Japan gets 3 entires since Hanyu was the only representative here and he won the competition. Russian gains back 3 spots too.

Ouch for the american boys, both fell off the podium. Hochstein down to 5th after winning the SP. I was hoping for a full asian podium but a Hanyu-Song-Gachinski combo is pretty good too. Congratulations to all who skated their best.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Yep. China has earned two spots, as have Canada and Kazakhstan. I have not computed more than that yet.

Sorry, typo--am too excited lol.

ETA: I think the rest all get just one entry spot next year. Must dash now. ;)

Last edited:

*Sniper*

On the Ice
Grrr, 1st and 2nd place after the short, and both end up missing the podium after long.
Ah, that's tough.
Good job though.

Japan, China, and Russia the top three again, just like in the pairs!!
WOW