Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    YESSSS ANNA BEATS KANAKO! I told you she's the bomb! Love this girl! She is the REAL DEAL . And she's not 4'7" like her teammate so hopefully she'll stay so good
    Yeah, I love her too! And I like her SP very match, hope we will see her performance tomorrow, she is really fun to watch

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Yeah, I love her too! And I like her SP very match, hope we will see her performance tomorrow, she is really fun to watch
    I agree, THAT is how you do a jazz program. She got that score without a 3-3 either, meaning her spins must have been great. I really like her LP too, she is so expressive, hope she rocks it tomorrow! She has been improving so much this year, she was kinda shaky at the beginning of the season, but I think that was mostly because she had a growthspurt, last year she was a little peanut. I wonder if Polina Shelepen will be able to top that score. If Anna medals here I bet she'll compete on the senior grand prix circuit next season, even though she only turns 14 next week!
    Last edited by silverlake22; 03-12-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Medalist
    Anna must have improved a lot since this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kj72cH_-DM

It's a fun program,
    but not much speed, rough on edges and not good jumpings.
    Well, we will see how she does in FS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelutz View Post
    Anna must have improved a lot since this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kj72cH_-DM

It's a fun program,
    but not much speed, rough on edges and not good jumpings.
    Well, we will see how she does in FS.
    That video was from August, and yes she has definitely improved a lot. She is the Russian Junior silver medalist and beat Polina Shelepen, Elizaveta Tuktumysheva, and a bunch of other little jumping beans who do 3-3 without doing a 3-3 in either program at that competition. She finished 5th in the senior division. This whole season she has been getting better, last season she could only do like 2 triples and now she does all of them (except sal), and she has grown a lot and that has improved her speed, compared to the other girls she seems fast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_EytmJFwk
    This was her LP from Russian junior nationals in February, I'd say it's a vast improvement from
    this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LllpMdeALrU her LP from the JGP in August where the SP video you posted was from.
    Last edited by silverlake22; 03-12-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Custom Title
    Ouch for Shelepen...at this point either Baga or Shelepen will be in the penultimate group.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    Ouch for Shelepen...at this point either Baga or Shelepen will be in the penultimate group.
    No deductions for Shelepen, guess she must have messed up her combo or something? So excited for Anna and Kanako! Go Kiri!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    No deductions for Shelepen, guess she must have messed up her combo or something? So excited for Anna and Kanako! Go Kiri!
    1F and 3Lz-3T (3T was downgraded) (((

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    1F and 3Lz-3T (3T was downgraded) (((
    That's too bad. If she hits her 2a-3t and 3sal-3t in the LP tomorrow she should be able to move up in the standings and potentially medal. I know Caroline Zhang was 2nd last year and in the SP she had a lot of mistakes and her score was like 49 or something.

Custom Title
    52.28 for Kiri, step out of 3f and hand down on 2a, everything else good. Anna still in first ! Shelepen, Zawadski, and Gao will all skate in the penultimate group, this should be interesting. Good luck tomorrow ladies!

Custom Title
    Thanks much for the comments, video links, and the Twitter page.

Custom Title
    Does Kate Charbonneu remind anyone else of a young Alissa Czisny? I was just watching her on youtube and that's the first thing that came to mind.

Custom Title
    Shelepen, Zawadski and Gao out of the final flight and more likely out of contention too. They have the potential and content to move up to bronze but I believe Gold is a two-horse race now between Murakami and Ovcharova.

Medalist
    Yeah, MosDef Anna has improved
    at least she lands jumps now and she looks more mature than others.
    However, I still think skaters like Kanako and Kiri have much better flow.

Anyway, I thought this would be Kanako vs. Polina S vs. Christina,
    but now it's pretty much like Kanako vs. Anna.
    Kanako has been very consistant and she has high PCS,
    yet Anna still has a good chance if she skates like she did in her Nationals.
    Good luck to both of them!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelutz View Post
    Yeah, MosDef Anna has improved
    at least she lands jumps now and she looks more mature than others.
    However, I still think skaters like Kanako and Kiri have much better flow.

Anyway, I thought this would be Kanako vs. Polina S vs. Christina,
    but now it's pretty much like Kanako vs. Anna.
    Kanako has been very consistant and she has high PCS,
    yet Anna still has a good chance if she skates like she did in her Nationals.
    Good luck to both of them!
    Kiri does have very good flow, I've noticed that both Kiri and Kate Charbonneau (who have the same coach) are very good spinners and have good 3toe and 3sal but struggle with the other triples and the double axel. If they can up their technical content they will likely do very well in senior events in the future.

I'd say it's Kanako vs Anna vs Polina Agafonova. Kanako and Anna both attempt 6 triples in the FS but neither attempts a 3-3, I know Polina A attempts at least one and maybe two 3-3s in the LP so I think she could potentially win or definitely medal, a lot will depend on if she gets credit for her 3-3s. I'm impressed with Anna's PCS and agree that she looks more mature on the ice than a lot of other girls even though she is one of the youngest competitors at the competition, she has great poise and carriage for 13 years old! Can't wait to see the top 3 performances tomorrow, Anna and Polina must have really rocked it, those are great scores for them!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Wow, two highly touted US ladies beaten by Joshi Helgesson and Kate Charbonneau. Wakeup call?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast