Video: Jr. Pairs Champions Sui/Han's throw quad salcow! | Golden Skate

Video: Jr. Pairs Champions Sui/Han's throw quad salcow!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^ WOW that was quite a throw. Very talented young pair team. I have been reading about them the past couple of days so nice to finally see both of their programs. Well deserved gold medal for them.

Thanks for posting.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Oh god. I see here the next Olympic champions :eek: (or should I say, not to jinx them, heavy OGM contenders). That throw was pure genius! I must keep an eye out on them.

Yao Bin?

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Oh god. I see here the next Olympic champions :eek: (or should I say, not to jinx them, heavy OGM contenders). That throw was pure genius! I must keep an eye out on them.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

Yao Bin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Cong
According to this Wikipedia page, no. Their coach is Luan Bo, also known as Yao Bin's former partner. Hahaha.

So in a way, maybe.

Then again, isn't he Head Coach in the Chinese Pairs team anyway?

Binthere

On the Ice
Wow. I remember the Zhang's did quad twist when they won junior worlds. Are they old enough to compete senior grand prixs yet?

I believe the only Quad Throw that was ratified was Vise and Trent in I believe Eric Bompard 2007(?). Unfortunately, they were zapped for a bronze medal because Pang & Tong were also entered for their non scoring event. IMO, if a team (or skater) goes for a non scoring event, the Event should ignore them in toto. Let them be happy with a new batch of judges.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I believe the only Quad Throw that was ratified was Vise and Trent in I believe Eric Bompard 2007(?). Unfortunately, they were zapped for a bronze medal because Pang & Tong were also entered for their non scoring event. IMO, if a team (or skater) goes for a non scoring event, the Event should ignore them in toto. Let them be happy with a new batch of judges.

Kawaguti/Smirnov had a quad throw ratified at Wor4lds 08, with a -.11 GOE

IMO, if a team (or skater) goes for a non scoring event, the Event should ignore them in toto. Let them be happy with a new batch of judges.

We are beating a long dead horse here. There are no non-scoring events any more, and have not been since 2007.

We are beating a long dead horse here. There are no non-scoring events any more, and have not been since 2007.
I agree. We've swept that incident under the rug. Only the poor skaters had to suffer.

Sensibly the ISU has a list of next-in-lines to fill the gaps.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Do you think this pair will run into trouble once Sui grows? I mean, she is 4'7" now so I assume she won't stay that small for forever...

lavender

Record Breaker
It was so fast in the air. I was like wow even though it was 2 footed. I think it may be harder as they get older.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
They decided to make a tribute to Miki (she landed the first female quad in the Hague)!

:p

But that was just OMG!