Jamie Sale comments on Johnny Weir | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Jamie Sale comments on Johnny Weir

Bennett

Record Breaker
Orser will have an interesting time at this Olympics. During the ladies, he will be wearing a Korean jacket with YuNa , and during the and men's, he will be wearing a Team USA jacket for Adam Rippon.

The funniest coach/jacket two step was done by Marina Zoueva & Igor Shpilband band. Marina wore a Canadian jacket and marched with V&M in the opening ceremony & Igor wore a USA jacket and marched at the opening ceremonies with D&W.
When did Orser wear the Korean & the US jackets and were there any negative public responses to Orser for wearing a Korean jacket?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I've disliked Jamie ever since she made the fuss at that Olympics. What a cat. I love Johnny's skating and am sad he messed up.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I had bought a jacket like this from Bosco Sports in Moscow, unfortunately the white one as they didnt have yet the blue for Sochi, fortunately non accused me in Greece for betray of the coutry.:boohoo:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Have top agree with her on the Russian support, otherwise not really. It really leads me to believe running into the russians when she was warming up in 2002 was likely intentional. I didn't imagine her mouth could remind me of Tonya H.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This is Jamie's honest opinions on a fellow skater, don't take it too seriously. Johnny does like to draw attention to himself.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is Jamie's honest opinions on a fellow skater, don't take it too seriously. Johnny does like to draw attention to himself.
So does Jamie but I like Johnny so much better, he's not mean!!!!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sale is the queen of unfettered self-promotion. She's just a big mouth to go with a superinflated ego, and in this particular case, she comes across as a small-minded, vicious homophobe.

Every time she comes out with one of her "pronouncements" you can almost hear the groan of skating fans all over the English-speaking world.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sale is the queen of unfettered self-promotion. She's just a big mouth to go with a superinflated ego, and in this particular case, she comes across as a small-minded, vicious homophobe.

Every time she comes out with one of her "pronouncements" you can almost hear the groan of skating fans all over the English-speaking world.

+1 :agree:

Bennett

Record Breaker
I just watched the video and she is basically expressing anger, which seems something deep and personal in her.

I understand patriotic ppl and those who believe in animal rights' protection felt insulted or confronted by what he wore. It's clashes between values. I never think he deserves to be threatened to be killed for those though.

So what is she against? Is she against femininity in men's skating, against "disrespect" to one's country, against Russia, or against Johnny's personality as a whole?

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
I have to admit that I agree with a lot of what Jamie says here. That russian jacket really bothered me when I first saw it. As for his skating, I have always felt that Johnny could have reached the top competitively if he had focused more on the skating part of himself and less on the other stuff. Maybe doing all of the side stuff has given him the fame that he really craves, but if that's the case, no one should be surprised when other skaters who have reached the top competitively call him out on loving himself and the adulation of millions of fans more than the sport itself and its competitions. I do think she's wrong to criticize him so harshly on his feminine outfits, but I suppose she sees that as an extension of his publicity seeking.

One other comment that will probably upset a lot of people. I have seen pretty much every interview of Weir that is out there. I don't understand the love for his interviews. Sure, he's not a total idiot like many skaters seem to be, but if you listen to him long enough, he's bound to say something that makes you think, "Gee, this guy is rather childish!" It makes me uncomfortable when he goes into infant mode.

Last edited:

Sk8ingFan

Rinkside
Sure, he's not a total idiot like many skaters seem to be, but if you listen to him long enough, he's bound to say something that makes you think, "Gee, this guy is rather childish!" It makes me uncomfortable when he goes into infant mode.

Johnny realizes his outspokenness is not acceptable to a lot of people and he has said many times "I'm not for everyone". Even in his reality TV show, he says people either love him or hate him, and that pretty much sums up the polarization. He is controversial and what he says gets noticed. It's a good news/bad news thing.

What I did not like about Jamie Sale's comments is how nasty she got about someone in her sport - even her facial expression - I thought she was going to pop a vein. She complained about the CCCP jacket like it offended her and like he did it yesterday. It was 4 years ago and she's Canadian so why should she care. (Johnny didn't do it to offend Americans but I do think he enjoyed ticking off USFSA.)

It just seemed Sale was trying to find anything she could to accuse him of "and he also did this - and this - So there." - talk about acting childish.

She has a son; wouldn't it be ironic if he grew up to like wearing sparkly onesies :laugh: ... just saying.