Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 123

Thread: Ladies FS

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,933
    Will Agnes have to go on the JGP circuit next year or can she go right into the SGP circuit? I know she is young enough to compete on JGP but is there a certain rule where you have to compete on JGP before you can compete on SGP?

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Saitama
    Posts
    303
    I usually don't spend much time looking at protocols closely so I can't speak relatively with respect to other competitions, I just look at the protocols of this competition and am surprised to see quite a large number of level 4 spins and spirals. Maybe the coaches around the world have all become quite familiar with COP and/or the level of competition in the junior circuit has been getting higher and higher.

  3. #48
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,073
    Agnes can move up to Seniors if they want. And honestly if I'm the USFSA, I'd encourage her to move to seniors. She skates like a senior and I think is really a great future prospect for the future.

    As for Gao, I disagree that she has a better future than Agnes. Agnes right now has better presentation, better jumps (they are HUGE) better spins etc... I actually think Gao needs work on Presentation

    Agnes is guaranteed one spot at Seniors for medaling at Junior Worlds. And the USFSA can name her to Skate America. They truly should.

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Agnes can move up to Seniors if they want. And honestly if I'm the USFSA, I'd encourage her to move to seniors. She skates like a senior and I think is really a great future prospect for the future.

    As for Gao, I disagree that she has a better future than Agnes. Agnes right now has better presentation, better jumps (they are HUGE) better spins etc... I actually think Gao needs work on Presentation

    Agnes is guaranteed one spot at Seniors for medaling at Junior Worlds. And the USFSA can name her to Skate America. They truly should.
    I tend to think Agnes and Gao will both compete on the senior grand prix next year. Gao didn't have the best competition here, but she did beat Ksenia Makarova at the JGPF, who just finished 10th at the Olympics, and she beat Alissa, Caroline, Bebe, and Alexe at nationals where she had some mistakes. Christina does need to work on presentation, but she already has the basics down, she might not peak until later whereas Agnes could be at her peak now.

    Oh and I was just noticing that Kanako didn't compete at JW last year, anyone know why?

  5. #50
    Tripping on the Podium Narumi1997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I tend to think Agnes and Gao will both compete on the senior grand prix next year. Gao didn't have the best competition here, but she did beat Ksenia Makarova at the JGPF, who just finished 10th at the Olympics, and she beat Alissa, Caroline, Bebe, and Alexe at nationals where she had some mistakes. Christina does need to work on presentation, but she already has the basics down, she might not peak until later whereas Agnes could be at her peak now.


    Oh and I was just noticing that Kanako didn't compete at JW last year, anyone know why?
    At Japanese Jr. Nationals, Kanako placed 3rd but JPN only had two spots. They sent their top 2 finshers (Haruka Imai, Mari Suzuki) which did not turn out well.

  6. #51
    Medalist coconutpunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fog Central.
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Oh and I was just noticing that Kanako didn't compete at JW last year, anyone know why?
    The Japanese fed that season chose the reps based on just the Japanese Jr. Nats, IIRC, where Kanako unfortunately placed 3rd. As a result, Haruka Imai and Mari Suzuki were chosen; Mari getting picked was especially controversial because she's very inconsistent, has very little international experience, and had subpar results for pretty much the entire season (this includes senior Japanese Nats where she placed 12th and Kanako was 7th). I wasn't surprised at all to see Mari bomb Jr. Worlds last year, to be honest.

    Congrats to Kanako, Agnes, and Polina A!

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Narumi1997 View Post
    At Japanese Jr. Nationals, Kanako placed 3rd but JPN only had two spots. They sent their top 2 finshers (Haruka Imai, Mari Suzuki) which did not turn out well.
    Yeah, yikes, they finished 16th and 26th. Kanako probably could have medaled last year too. Excited to see her compete seniors next year! The junior circuit next year will likely be dominated by the Russians as Elizaveta and Adelina will finally be eligible!

  8. #53
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    And lots of +3s for her layback spins.
    Her layback is divine! She got all +3 except for 2 judges.

    Nice podium, Congrats girls!

  9. #54
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,073
    After the disaster that was I think the Junior worlds the Japanese changed their quaification requirements (righfully I think)

  10. #55
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Does the USFSA as a say if a skater moves to SGP or does the JGP, i remember that when mirai got the silver at JW she still went to JGP instead of SGP,but caroline and ashley went to SGP,so was that mirasi's decision?

  11. #56
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Yeah, yikes, they finished 16th and 26th. Kanako probably could have medaled last year too. Excited to see her compete seniors next year! The junior circuit next year will likely be dominated by the Russians as Elizaveta and Adelina will finally be eligible!
    I am very afraid that nobody will be able to stop those Russian girls, it's scary!
    Is there any girl in novice ranks in U.S. or Japan who has a potential to do so?

  12. #57
    Custom Title raress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    160
    And not forget that there are another 3 or 4 russian girls to come(L Tuktamisheva ,A Sotnikova,I Lipinskaya,),so many talents !Russia in on the wave!

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    643
    Quote Originally Posted by raress View Post
    And not forget that there are another 3 or 4 russian girls to come(L Tuktamisheva ,A Sotnikova,I Lipinskaya,),so many talents !Russia in on the wave!
    Not only 3 or 4. There are also Sofia Biryukova (all triples and 3T-3T), Kristina Zaseeva (all triples and 3T-3T), Nikol Gosviani (all triples) - those girls (except Sofia, she is 15) are 13 y.o. and will be eligible for JGP next year. Also Daria Medvedeva, she is 12, has all triples (including 3Lz and 3F without any edge problems or something), Alexandra Deeva, Elena Radionova (she is only 10 but very promising skater) and even more to come... Yes, puberty may hurt them, but I think not all of them, 2-3 or even more will stay (as for me, I think Liza Tuktamysheva has good chances, she has perfect technique)

    Congrats to Polina Agafonova! She is so cute, I like her very much!

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    tokyo
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelutz View Post
    I am very afraid that nobody will be able to stop those Russian girls, it's scary!
    Is there any girl in novice ranks in U.S. or Japan who has a potential to do so?
    There are some skaters that I think are talented in Japan. But I have no idea whether they can stop Russian girls.
    I'm sure Japanese fed will send a lot more skaters bucause Kanako won gold medal here.
    So Look forward to them!

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,933
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelutz View Post
    I am very afraid that nobody will be able to stop those Russian girls, it's scary!
    Is there any girl in novice ranks in U.S. or Japan who has a potential to do so?
    I know, I feel like if both Polinas and Anna go to SGP next year they could potentially do better there than on the JGP just because of the stiff competition. I don't know if they will go to SGP, but Polina A is the junior champion and medaled at Jr Worlds, Polina S has won most everything on the JGP this season, and Anna was 2nd at Jr Nationals and 5th in seniors, but the girls who were 3rd and 4th are Elizaveta and Adelina and they will both be on JGP next year because they were too young this year. They seem like the best girls behind Alena and Ksenia who will actually be eligible for SGP next year, the two other Russians they have been sending the past couple years aren't very good. Does anyone know how many ladies Russia can send to SGP next year or is it like up to the federation to decide?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •