Ladies FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies FS

champs

Final Flight
Baga missed the second 2T after the second 3S so only had two combos (and the second 3S counts as a sequence). maybe she coud have added 2T after the 2A right after that, but oh well...

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Baga missed the second 2T after the second 3S so only had two combos (and the second 3S counts as a sequence). maybe she coud have added 2T after the 2A right after that, but oh well...

She still got a season's best score. Apart from Agnes and Polina Agafonova, no one has really skated that great today.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Oh wow, Agnes is on the podium, just a matter of which spot! Looks like US ladies and Russian ladies have locked up 3 spots for next year.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Who would've thought that Agnes would've been the highest placing American at this event?

I don't think anyone doubted it, it was just where she has no international experience I think people weren't sure if she'd get fair scores or be kept down in PCS. Christina I think has more potential to go places but she's not quite there yet. Agnes is more grown up and seems to have mastered competition nerves.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Agnes could win this competition. I have my fingers crossed.

eta: Oops I spoke to soon.

champs

Final Flight
Looks like Zawadzki is going to be the highest TES scorer in the free skate.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Is it my imagination, or has there been a pile of Season's Bests in the ladies LP competition? And some of them really jumping up there? Is this just an overly generous tech panel/judges at this competition, or because most of the junior scores were from so early in the season, that the ladies really have had a number of months to work on programs and lift their games since the JGP, Senoir B's, and other intl comps?

I expected Christina Gao to hit the podium or have a near miss, and to have PCS scores closer to the top of the pack. Judges sending a message, or was her skating just uninspiring tonight?

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Kanako, Agnes and Polina! Can't wait to see their FS.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Is it my imagination, or has there been a pile of Season's Bests in the ladies LP competition? And some of them really jumping up there? Is this just an overly generous tech panel/judges at this competition, or because most of the junior scores were from so early in the season, that the ladies really have had a number of months to work on programs and lift their games since the JGP, Senoir B's, and other intl comps?

Well juniors are unpredictable so an old season's best could have been from like August. Sounds like it was a decently skated competition. I can't believe Agafonova won the bronze, she's only 13! I wonder if we will see all three of those Russian girls on the senior grand prix circuit next year, just considering how many others will be eligible for JGP next year. Russians take 3, 4, 5 and Americans 2, 7, 8 so I think that means 3 spots for the US ladies next year, right? Well done to the Americans for finishing in the top 10.

champs

Final Flight
Podium nicely split, made all the three countries feds happy for maximizing their JGP slots.

Trewyn

Medalist
Looks like the podium represents the 3 figure skating superpowers; Japan - US - Russia. Nice. Big score for Kanako. I keep on thinking how Ashley would have factored in if she had been here. If she skated anything like she did at RC or GPF she would have likely won even though Kanako's score is slightly higher than Ashley's PB score.

champs

Final Flight
The number of 0's in the column of Deductions (esp. for the last two groups) might give an indication of how relatively well skated this free skating segment was, I guess.

ETA: Trewyn, are you writing from den Haag?

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Congratulations to Kanako, Agnes and Polina Agafonova:clap::clap::clap:

I've never heard about Agnes. Very surprised to hear this is her first international competition. Hope the videos are coming soon.