Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ladies FS

Custom Title
    Looks like Zawadzki is going to be the highest TES scorer in the free skate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    Looks like Zawadzki is going to be the highest TES scorer in the free skate.
    Well Tom Zacrysek is her coach, no surprises there.

Custom Title
    Is it my imagination, or has there been a pile of Season's Bests in the ladies LP competition? And some of them really jumping up there? Is this just an overly generous tech panel/judges at this competition, or because most of the junior scores were from so early in the season, that the ladies really have had a number of months to work on programs and lift their games since the JGP, Senoir B's, and other intl comps?

I expected Christina Gao to hit the podium or have a near miss, and to have PCS scores closer to the top of the pack. Judges sending a message, or was her skating just uninspiring tonight?
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 03-13-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Congrats to Kanako, Agnes and Polina! Can't wait to see their FS.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Is it my imagination, or has there been a pile of Season's Bests in the ladies LP competition? And some of them really jumping up there? Is this just an overly generous tech panel/judges at this competition, or because most of the junior scores were from so early in the season, that the ladies really have had a number of months to work on programs and lift their games since the JGP, Senoir B's, and other intl comps?
    Well juniors are unpredictable so an old season's best could have been from like August. Sounds like it was a decently skated competition. I can't believe Agafonova won the bronze, she's only 13! I wonder if we will see all three of those Russian girls on the senior grand prix circuit next year, just considering how many others will be eligible for JGP next year. Russians take 3, 4, 5 and Americans 2, 7, 8 so I think that means 3 spots for the US ladies next year, right? Well done to the Americans for finishing in the top 10.

Custom Title
    Podium nicely split, made all the three countries feds happy for maximizing their JGP slots.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Congratulations Kanako!

Custom Title
    Looks like the podium represents the 3 figure skating superpowers; Japan - US - Russia. Nice. Big score for Kanako. I keep on thinking how Ashley would have factored in if she had been here. If she skated anything like she did at RC or GPF she would have likely won even though Kanako's score is slightly higher than Ashley's PB score.

Custom Title
    The number of 0's in the column of Deductions (esp. for the last two groups) might give an indication of how relatively well skated this free skating segment was, I guess.

ETA: Trewyn, are you writing from den Haag?

Congratulations to Kanako, Agnes and Polina Agafonova

I've never heard about Agnes. Very surprised to hear this is her first international competition. Hope the videos are coming soon.

Medalist
    I say juniors are unpredictable besides Kanako.

Before SP, I thought Kanako vs. Polina S vs. Christina.
    After SP, I thought Kanako vs. Anna.
    After FP, I think it was really Kanako's gold to lose.
    She is better at least now than anybody else with her consistency and high PCS.
    However, flaws of jumping tech and not having 3Lp may hurt her in the senior ranks.

The biggest surprise was of course Agnes!
    And among three Russian girls, I like Polina A a lot.

Congrats to Kanako, Agnes and Polina! Well done.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Well Tom Zacrysek is her coach, no surprises there.
    I have been wondering how he and Ms. Calvin split their roles at the Broadmoor SC in terms of teaching the tech aspects, does anyone know?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post

ETA: Trewyn, are you writing from den Haag?
    Nope, I ended up not going; to save money for my trip to Turin . They didn't really need me as a volunteer anyway so; I figure it was best to save the money I would have spend on train tickets and put it towards my gold all event ticket for the World Championships. I don't mind not having seen the competition; I'm sure there was a lot of great talent there, but I still rather watch senior competitions. I'm a bit sad I didn't get to see The Hague, though, but the city won't go away any time soon; so I might go there during the summer.

Custom Title
    Some judge gave Shelepen a GOE of -3 for her 3Lz3T in the SP, kinda harsh after I watched her SP.

Agafonova gets negative GOE for her 3Lz3T in the SP but positive GOE the same combo in the free, good for her!
    And lots of +3s for her layback spins.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Nope, I ended up not going; to save money for my trip to Turin . They didn't really need me as a volunteer anyway so; I figure it was best to save the money I would have spend on train tickets and put it towards my gold all event ticket for the World Championships. I don't mind not having seen the competition; I'm sure there was a lot of great talent there, but I still rather watch senior competitions. I'm a bit sad I didn't get to see The Hague, though, but the city won't go away any time soon; so I might go there during the summer.
    I see, makes perfect sense, hope you will have a great time in Torino! And let's hope Ashley will get assigned to TEB so that you can get the opprtunity back

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast