2010 Grand Prix Assignments | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2010 Grand Prix Assignments

Ren

On the Ice
?? Where did you find this out? I wasn't aware the DWTS cast was announced so far ahead of time. I don't watch the show but usually you hear about it in the press and I haven't heard a thing.

There's a thread on FSU right now. Here's the link posted by ryanbfan on that thread: http://sportales.com/shooting/dancing-with-the-stars-2010-2011-cast-revealed/

The people at FSU have already amended the thread's title, acknowledging the list as fake. I mean, it's only been how many weeks since Evan etc. battled it out in the finals?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. That post came from May 27th, basically right after season 10 ended. This person lists no sources, nor does he try to claim some sort of credibility (e.g. I heard from a source, I'm part of the DWTS team, etc.) which does make me question its authenticity. There is a slim chance that it could be the actual list but for now, I'll side with those who scream "Fake". More like a joke post than anything I take it.

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
yes--after i stated that , i saw it on fsu, and then wrote,
but if it is true, well good luck to her . if not then whatever.
but usually after one season is over they start guessing who is on the next.
or the posters own personally guess list,
sorry for the main confusion. i should have amended it after i stated what i did.

treeloving

Medalist
I don't understand why they have to put Miki ,Akiko in the same event :scratch:(also with Yuna enter the same grand prix), They will cut each other's chance to go to grand prix final for sure.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I don't understand why they have to put Miki ,Akiko in the same event :scratch:(also with Yuna enter the same grand prix), They will cut each other's chance to go to grand prix final for sure.

It's not that they have to put them in the same event. Hots federations pick their skaters according to the seeding and invitation rules and they want the big names attached to their events, that's their main goal. I really doubt the french federation cares at all about having those three (Miki,Yuna,Akiko) going against each other back to back and some not making the final.They first need to sell the tickets and ladies is their weakest discipline right now. Same can be said for Cup of China.

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
Well maybe Japan wants see how they will fare in a competition other than Japanese Nationals. However, I'm only guessing.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Well maybe Japan wants see how they will fare in a competition other than Japanese Nationals. However, I'm only guessing.

It's not up to the japanese federation to decide that. Once every hosts picks their three skaters (in this case Mao, Kanako and a TBA) .. all the others (Miki,Akiko,Haruka,Fumie) with guaranteed events and elegible for invitations are left up for grabs among the other 5 hosts (except fot the seeded skaters). They could lobby or politik for some skater to specifically get invited to an event in particular but the final deccision relies on the other host.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
It's not up to the japanese federation to decide that. Once every hosts picks their three skaters (in this case Mao, Kanako and a TBA) .. all the others (Miki,Akiko,Haruka,Fumie) with guaranteed events and elegible for invitations are left up for grabs among the other 5 hosts (except fot the seeded skaters). They could lobby or politik for some skater to specifically get invited to an event in particular but the final deccision relies on the other host.

But Mao, Miki, and Akiko were all seeded...

SamuraiKike

Medalist

Akiko isn't seeded, that's only for the top 6 skaters at last year's worlds. Akiko was 11th.

Host picks go first before assigning the seeded skaters. So the moment JPN chose Mao, Kanako and left the third spot with a TBA, Miki was no longer an option for their "4th-6th at worlds seed"pick.

gkelly

Record Breaker

Which means 1) they were all subject to host picks by the other GP host countries during the rounds for picking seeded skaters. And 2) they were all in different seeding groups (top 3, 4-6, etc.) so they were not automatically separated by being in the same group.

samba

On the Ice
Since the Zaretsky announced their retirement, who will be the most potential to get their spots at NHK and SA? I hope Lucie/Matej, Mallory/Rand or the Hermanns get them.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice

Digging up an old thread, BUT:

Recall that Miki, Alena, and Ashley were at both NHK and CoR, and all 3 of them qualified for the GPF last year.

This said, the only way that would happen would be for Yuna, Miki, and Akiko to make the podium at both events (threats from Mirai at CoC, and Alena at both, particularly with the home court advantage at CoR) and for there to be some position-swapping (i.e. skaters with 2 bronze medals usually don't qualify).

Assuming Yuna's maintained a comparable form to what she had last year, it's likely going to have to be 1.Yuna/2.Miki/3.Akiko and 1.Yuna/2.Akiko/3.Miki for all three to qualify (either that or one of the three winning an event and getting fourth at another... which is unlikely but would allow for a bit more flexibility in terms of GPF qualification).