Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sonia Bianchetti Responds to ISU Judge Interview

Custom Title
    Her critiques are often based on illogical conclusions, though, and her suggestions follow suit. Criticizing her suggestions doesn't mean we're not interested in the administration of the sport, nor does it mean we're Mao/Yuna Bots.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Her critiques are often based on illogical conclusions, though, and her suggestions follow suit. Criticizing her suggestions doesn't mean we're not interested in the administration of the sport, nor does it mean we're Mao/Yuna Bots.
    Your first post on this topic suggested that she might have a few good points. You did not mention them but instead opted to bash her as being illogical.

Am curious - what in the interview did you agree with - and why?
    My feeling is that Bianchetti has earned the right to speak out and at times I agree with some of her opinions. You are free to disagree but to simply dismiss her as illogical because you disagree with her conclusions is not a very effective argument imho.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    I assume this is a sample of the negative over and out replies which I mentioned. It's an opinion but not debateable because you just make angry statements. OK, lets talk about costumes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    .... Why complain about a complainer?
    Brilliant, Joe. Simply brilliant.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Your first post on this topic suggested that she might have a few good points. You did not mention them but instead opted to bash her as being illogical.

Am curious - what in the interview did you agree with - and why?
    My feeling is that Bianchetti has earned the right to speak out and at times I agree with some of her opinions. You are free to disagree but to simply dismiss her as illogical because you disagree with her conclusions is not a very effective argument imho.
    I assume this is a sample of the negative over and out replies which I mentioned. It's an opinion but not debateable because you just make angry statements. OK, lets talk about costumes.
    Fair enough. I didn't respond to her critiques largely because she bores me by making the same points over and over again. But in fairness to you guys and the topic at hand, I will post a longer response to her thoughts later.

Rinkside
    ... Why complain about a complainer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodhiyel View Post
    Brilliant, Joe. Simply brilliant.
    Yeah, this was exactly what I was chuckling about to begin with: her arguments denying her own claim, now Joe eloquently chiding himself :-) Don't take it too seriously though, I just read too many useless logic books when I was young.

Custom Title
    This "creative, challanging" judging completely destroyed the sport with its fixed, pre-decided results.
    I hated the COP in the beginning but it is proven in my eyes to make the sport and the results more fair.
    Think of Virtue/Moir, Davies/White, Pang/Tong, Nagasu, the opposite: Joubert, Verner, Kostner, Plushenko, Delobel/Schoenfelder, Domnina/Shabalin. They got what they deserved.

I hate anonym judging, but it made the system better in fact. Unfortunately. It tells everything about the personality of the involved one's. That is why we don't need their "creative, challanging" work to do. It became a synonime of bias and unfair job.
    Athlets are able to create remarkable, memorable programs , because they learned how to use the rules. The previous Olympic was a disaster in its quality compair to this in Vancouver, because judges and athletes learned just now, how this system works.

As much as I was against Cinquanta with all of these changes, it seems like he knew what is smelling the most in the system.
    All the people, who was an organic part of this "game" was cried loudly. Now, I know why.
    Anyway, I like them to see crying....
    Last edited by bigdeal; 03-15-2010 at 04:42 PM.

^^^
    Well, some of us are not Party Fans. If there are no complaints, the sport will deteriorate. That's my opinion, but it is just as good as praising the system.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2