Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Now who do you think will win Worlds?

SteveKmetko374

Re: Now who do you think will win Worlds?

B&S won over S&P even though it was in North America, due to having more judges in their favor, so I dont think the geography matters as much as the geographical look of the judging panel. Of course we won't know because of the anonymous judging panels.

I think what Joe is saying is that Irina seems to be forgiven by a lot of judges and receives high marks regardless of whether she actually skates well. It could be a case of them judging her practices. She has been helped along the way by the judges so far this season, even though she hasn't been winning, she has been placing higher than she probably deserved in some cases.

For years skaters have complained about being "out of favor" with their federations -- Maria in particular had no support for a long time, and that would include no judging support. The same could be said for Yags/PLushenko... first Plushenko is winning everything and then suddenly Yags seemed to get back into their good graces and viola.. he is winning over Plushenko (beginning at GPF's). It seems clear that unless somebody runs away with the gold, meaning nobody comes close to matching up to their skating, this one is going to be purely luck of the judging draw.

Show 42

If Michelle skates in the "zone" again as she did at Nationals, triple-triple or not, she will be a strong contender. I vote for Michelle!!!! 42

lubb anqel xD

i dink michelle will win. she'z got it mentally n physically. she was great at nationals.

Joesitz

The question is whom do you THINK will win the Worlds?

From what I THINK it will be a Russian sweep of lst places in Dance, Pairs, Ladies and Men. I don't believe they will deserve all this but I do believe this will be the end result.

Whom would I WANT to win the Worlds?

The Bulgarian Dance Team; S&Z pairs; Joubert or Lambiel (assume Klimkin is not going); Kwan.

That gives me l Eastern European; 1 Asian; 1 Western European; 1 North American.

I like diversity.

Joe

BronzeisGolden02

My Picks

The ladies and dance events are all I really care about this year. If Michelle skates like she did at Nationals and has a seventh triple (especially in a triple-triple) I believe it will be difficult for her to lose. Well, unless Irina lands her triple-triple and skates later than Michelle, then I could see it easily going to Slutskaya. But who knows, SLC should have taught us that anything can happen. Arakawa has two triple-triples, though they aren't always the most consistent, but they are there and she is lovely to watch. Sarah and Sasha should contend for medals as well, but both will have to perform at a much higher level than they did at Nationals. The international judges won't be so kind to Sarah with a five triple program.

LADIES
    Kwan

MEN
    Plushenko

PAIRS
    Shen & Zhou

DANCE
    L&A (AAARGH!!!!) I just feel it! B&K will have to do more

BronzeisGolden02

WHOOPS!

It posted my message before I was finished!

DANCE
    L&A (AAARGH!!!!) I just feel it! B&K will have to do
    more than just beat them, they will have to
    pulverize them into the ground before the World
    judges will let them have the Gold.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2