Is Terry getting paid to mention Yagudin whenever possible? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Is Terry getting paid to mention Yagudin whenever possible?

Ruby Tuesday

Spectator
bestskate8 said:
Well, tell you what, I am Plushy fan, and when I watch his programs I just don't want to hear Yags name. Is anything wrong with that? I keep my tapes for many years and you want to enjoy them not to be mad at the commentator:D
Yags apperance at SC was stupid itself, he took 30 min air time from CTV and when Zhenya skates I have to hear about Yags again.:\
CTV could show us three fluff peaces 10 min each on Sasha, Shen/Zao and Zgenya who deserves it, but they insted used it on Yags:rolleye: Doesn't make any sense at all.
How old this poster might be? Just curious?! :D

Kasey

Medalist
I am not going to get into the ONCE AGAIN, Plush vs yags commentary here. But as far as eligible vs. ineligble...

Most top level skaters are "pros", in that they are allowed to earn money in competitions and shows. The difference between eligible and ineligible is the sponsorship of the show/tour they do. If they choose to be involved in a show or tour not allowed by their sport federation and the ISU, they can lose their eligibility to compete in such things as Worlds and Olympics. That is what Yagudin has given up, the more competitive world of skating.

Kasey

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Wasn't it Bourne and Kraatz who showed that Riverdance was possible?

IIRC yes. They were terribly undermarked also IMO.

Piel

Anya - I am not a Li fan but I must say he is the closest thing to the legendary Njinsky. I have seen old films of Njinski and what made him so 'great' was his BALLON . I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly, it is pronounced bal lone. It means the ability to pause in the air before completing the jump, or as I would say 'hang' in the air. It's a natural thing and something one can not work on.

Another example would be Dorothy Hamil's axel. She competes the revolutins in the air, before coming down for a landing. Other skaters will complete the revolutions as they are descending before the landing. Just my imlpressions.

Joe