Thread: Question about moving on to FS (Pairs)

Custom Title

Question about moving on to FS (Pairs)

Does anyone know how many teams qualify to move on to the Free Skate at Worlds?

Thanks!

Custom Title
    first 16 after short

Custom Title
    Yup- 16 in pairs, top 30 from the compulsory to original dance (which I'm pretty sure there are 28 or 29 entries, so all teams will make it), top 20 to the free dance, and then 24 in ladies and men from the short program.

Custom Title
    Only 16 in pairs? Hmm...For some reason I was under the impression that it was 20 at Worlds...Wow...Thanks everyone for the answers!

Custom Title
    It used to be, but was changed this year. The pairs field always used to be the smallest at the Worlds (barely reaching 20), but this year it actually has just as many entries as the dance event.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramahkween View Post
    Only 16 in pairs? Hmm...For some reason I was under the impression that it was 20 at Worlds...Wow...Thanks everyone for the answers!
    Danielle Montalbano/ Evgeni Krasnopolsky are on the list!
    Do you think that they will qualify for the FS? I hope!
    Last edited by Selina11; 03-16-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wheeler View Post
    It used to be, but was changed this year. The pairs field always used to be the smallest at the Worlds (barely reaching 20), but this year it actually has just as many entries as the dance event.
    Yeah, and didn't ISU then encourage nations to develop pairs FS? Don't know exactly how, but I think with money for training camps, better coaching etc. Now, after succeeding(26 pairs in the field), this new rule seems strange to me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Yeah, and didn't ISU then encourage nations to develop pairs FS? Don't know exactly how, but I think with money for training camps, better coaching etc. Now, after succeeding(26 pairs in the field), this new rule seems strange to me.
    i absolutely agree with you! The ISU wanted to deepen the field in pairs in terms of countries competing, and then it is reducing the entry´s. Totaly stupid. Since some contries won´t let their skaters and also pairs go to worlds when they don´t have a good chance of making the final. Especially for paris this is critical, since there are almost no competitions in europe to gain the experience the pairs need to improve.
    I so hope that this stupid cutting costs rules will not surview the congress

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Selina11 View Post
    Danielle Montalbano/ Evgeni Krasnopolsky are on the list!
    Do you think that they will qualify for the FS? I hope!
    I HOPE so!!!! I am dying to see their FS finally!