Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Joubert Wins French Test Skate (From Source- No OFFICIAL Announcement)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    ITA, if only those three have the consistency and nerve of steel like Michelle Kwan, they would have been muliple world medalist (in Jeremy & Thomas) and/or world champ (Takahashi). =(

Maybe she should definietly do a lecture and train them on how to stay focus during competition. lol
    Yeahh, that would be a good idea. I'm crossing my fingers for those three at worlds but trying not to get my hopes up. Silly boys, don't you know you could probably beat Plushenko (or would deserve to beat him) if you just did two clean programs for once? They just need to go out there and realize they are some of the best skaters in the world and prove it to the world. Abbott beat Lysacek at nationals two years in a row and at 2008 Euros Tomas beat Lambiel and Joubert, they should have confidence.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    But it has given him some confidence for going into the Worlds. He said he's happy that he sees his federation is still trusting him.
    That's an interesting quote. If I was him, I would have thought if my federation still trusted me, they wouldn't have made me do a test skate in the first place. I'd love to see Brian skate well at Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    That's an interesting quote. If I was him, I would have thought if my federation still trusted me, they wouldn't have made me do a test skate in the first place. I'd love to see Brian skate well at Worlds.
    Poor Brian, he has had a rough year. Hope he can redeem himself and medal at worlds, I think he really needs this.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Actually, Brian himself asked for the test skate, not his federation. Brian felt so bad for how he did at the Olympics. He thought he might have blocked other French skaters' chances who might have skated better than he did. So he asked the federation for this test skate in order to give every top French skaters an equal chance. But, as expected, the French federation chose Brian. Ponsero didn't even bother to show up for the test skate.

(I obtained these information from my European friends.)
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 03-16-2010 at 01:39 PM.

There are extracts of this "test" here: http://jt.france3.fr/regions/popup.p...c86a_1214part1 (starts around 11:40) and here in a Preaubert interview: http://www.lequipe.fr/Ski/breves2010...fataliste.html

Let's not make Brian the victim here, like jennylovskt said he asked for the "test" himself.
    This test was more of a PR work, that's why it was held only a week before Worlds. What was on almost every newspaper in France today? A small article in the sport section about Brian going to worlds because he won the "test"...
    BTW There were no judges at this "test" only federation members and....journalists.
    Thankfully not a lot of people were fooled and some journalist even called it a "complete farce". Alban himself said that the "test" should have taken place on the 1st of April

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3