Joubert Wins French Test Skate (From Source- No OFFICIAL Announcement) | Golden Skate

Joubert Wins French Test Skate (From Source- No OFFICIAL Announcement)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Preaubert: clean Sp, clean Lp

Joubert: fall 3Lz in Sp, fall 4T in Lp

Joubert is really struggling with the 3Lz now. Could it be mental block since it's the same jump that he got injured practicing in December.

janetfan

Match Penalty
How did a falling Brian beat a clean Alban? I'm confused.

I think the poster said it was just a preliminary/unconfirmed report. But we do have to remember this is the French federation.........:think: :rolleye:

Wicked

Final Flight
http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/aut...u-a-turin-apres-un-test-15-03-2010-850034.php

Confirmed, two hours later.

And Wicked- there are so many more components to skating than just falling on a jump vs. skating clean! I can see the frustration in the system, but you have to look at the whole picture rather than the most obvious stuff.

Maybe I don't understand the point of a test skate. I actually do understand CoP and that you can fall and still win. But I thought the point of having this test skate was to see how the skaters, mainly Brian, held up under the pressure of having to do their programs before French federation judges. If I were them, Brian having a fall in each of his programs would be a concern to me. Or is the point of a test skate just to outscore the other guy like in any other competition?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
How did a falling Brian beat a clean Alban? I'm confused.

If the jumps he fell on were fully rotated, he would have only lost 4 points for each off them, plus a fall on a fully rotated 4t is equal in points value to a landed 3t, so where Joubert probably had a more difficult program planned than Preaubert, even with the falls, when you take into account his PCS that were likely significantly higher, he still could have fairly won the competition.

jennylovskt

Medalist
The French federation wouldn't dare not to let Joubert go. That's all. Any way, I am very happy that Joubert could go.

janetfan

Match Penalty
The French federation wouldn't dare not to let Joubert go. That's all. Any way, I am very happy that Joubert could go.

So are the other skaters as it gives them a better chance :laugh:

Just kidding and I wish baby boy Joubert good luck and hope he skates his best - whatever that is

janetfan

Match Penalty
A dirty Joubert trumps a clean Preaubert every time.

As long as Jouby continues to get the second highest undeserved pcs in the history of CoP he will always be a podium threat if he doesn't fall down too much.

Unfortunately for Joubert, even with his good looks and lively techno music Plushy will always be the KING of undeserved pcs. And don't think for a second that Mishin and Plushy along with the Russian federation don't do everything in their cheating, manipulative Russian hearts to keep it that way ;) :laugh:

Lambiel was another who received ridiculous pcs in Vancouver for awkward and NERVOUS looking skating - but he is retired again.

Sometimes I wonder just how outrageous the pcs must be for Euro skaters - the Men and Ladies - to win a medal. :think:
On a level playing field with honest judging they would never place as high as they do.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
As long as Jouby continues to get the second highest undeserved pcs in the history of CoP he will always be a podium threat if he doesn't fall down too much.

Unfortunately for Joubert, even with his good looks and lively techno music Plushy will always be the KING of undeserved pcs
. And don't think for a second that Mishin and Plushy along with the Russian federation don't do everything in their cheating, manipulative Russian hearts to keep it that way ;) :laugh:

Lambiel was another who received ridiculous pcs in Vancouver for awkward and NERVOUS looking skating - but he is retired again.

Sometimes I wonder just how outrageous the pcs must be for Euro skaters - the Men and Ladies - to win a medal. :think:
On a level playing field with honest judging they would never place as high as they do.

Does this mean you think Evan totally deserved the monstrous PCS he received in Vancouver?