Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Joubert Wins French Test Skate (From Source- No OFFICIAL Announcement)

Why didn't Ponsero go? Is he retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by waxel View Post
    A dirty Joubert trumps a clean Preaubert every time.
    As long as Jouby continues to get the second highest undeserved pcs in the history of CoP he will always be a podium threat if he doesn't fall down too much.

Unfortunately for Joubert, even with his good looks and lively techno music Plushy will always be the KING of undeserved pcs. And don't think for a second that Mishin and Plushy along with the Russian federation don't do everything in their cheating, manipulative Russian hearts to keep it that way

Lambiel was another who received ridiculous pcs in Vancouver for awkward and NERVOUS looking skating - but he is retired again.

Sometimes I wonder just how outrageous the pcs must be for Euro skaters - the Men and Ladies - to win a medal.
    On a level playing field with honest judging they would never place as high as they do.
    Last edited by janetfan; 03-15-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Did anyone expect Joubert to fail this test?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post

Not me. I figured this test was just to keep Joubert from being lazy heading into Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    As long as Jouby continues to get the second highest undeserved pcs in the history of CoP he will always be a podium threat if he doesn't fall down too much.

Unfortunately for Joubert, even with his good looks and lively techno music Plushy will always be the KING of undeserved pcs
    . And don't think for a second that Mishin and Plushy along with the Russian federation don't do everything in their cheating, manipulative Russian hearts to keep it that way

Lambiel was another who received ridiculous pcs in Vancouver for awkward and NERVOUS looking skating - but he is retired again.

Sometimes I wonder just how outrageous the pcs must be for Euro skaters - the Men and Ladies - to win a medal.
    On a level playing field with honest judging they would never place as high as they do.
    Does this mean you think Evan totally deserved the monstrous PCS he received in Vancouver?

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Does this mean you think Evan totally deserved the monstrous PCS he received in Vancouver?
    I think Evan absolutely outskated everyone but Dai.
    Evan beat Oda and by alot. He crushed the weak Joubert and was smoother and cleaner than Lambiel.

Yea - I get many don't like Evan's style - but watch him take steps into a 3Lz and land it cleanly - and then waych Plushy circle the rink twice for a 3 Lz nowhere near as good a Yuna.

Of course Evan deserved to win in Vancouver because he has the abilty to compete. Skaters like Tomas and Dai may be better but they ALWAYS screw up and find a way to lose.

BOP was right and once said 8-10 skaters are better than Evan. But they are only better on paper - or at Galas. They are weak competitors and Evan beats most of the men the way a big guy takes candy from a baby.

How can any one see this any differently? And Plushy was the one with ridiculous pcs. For what ? He has no TR, weak, weak CH, he ignores the music so his IN should be low, and his SS is mediocre. Watch his steps - not only simple but sloppy too. Plushy should not have been Silver ahead of Dai and was lucky to medal.
    Last edited by janetfan; 03-15-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Custom Title
    I think Evan absolutely outskated everyone but Dai.
    Evan beat Oda and by alot. He crushed the weak Joubert and was smoother and cleaner than Lambiel.

Yea - I get many don't like Evan's style - but watch him take steps into a 3Lz and land it cleanly - and then waych Plushy circle the rink twice for a 3 Lz nowhere near as good a Yuna.

Of course Evan deserved to win in Vancouver because he has the abilty to compete. Skaters like Tomas and Dai may be better but they ALWAYS screw up and find a way to lose.

BOP was right and once siad 8-10 skaters are better than Evan. But they are only better on paper - or at Galas. They are weak competitors and Evan beats most of the men the way a big guy takes candy froma baby.

How can any one see this any differently?
    I actually agree with this, I just think in general, everyone was in the top 5 was overscored at the Olympics. I still think Evan deserved to win, but I thought his, Plushenko's, Lambiel's, and Chan's scores all should have been lower and closer to the scores of Dai and Oda. And then Jeremy skates pretty poorly and he gets 150 points, which was essentially the same score Kozuka got for his gorgeous FS which I didn't think was fair. And Samuel and Tomas were absolutely slaughtered for their freeskates which weren't even that much worse than Abbott's, get PCS lower than the 18 year olds, and don't break 120 in the FS? I was just a bit confused.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I stand by Ponsero's choice not to appear in test skate. I hope he is not retiring though.
    I think it was good for Brian to have this for physical and mental reasons, but the rest two competed in Euros , did their due, it was unnecessary I think. Unless they were making a test for all 4, including Amodio. I love Amodio and I can get why they promote him, but either have a test for all places or a test for Jouby only. I think Ponsero and Preubert must feel a little abandoned by Federation. And they both skated really well at Euros.
    Looking forward to Jouby reloaded in Worlds and my Jouby friends to be happy
    Last edited by seniorita; 03-15-2010 at 06:47 PM.

I actually agree with this, I just think in general, everyone was in the top 5 was overscored at the Olympics. I still think Evan deserved to win, but I thought his, Plushenko's, Lambiel's, and Chan's scores all should have been lower and closer to the scores of Dai and Oda. And then Jeremy skates pretty poorly and he gets 150 points, which was essentially the same score Kozuka got for his gorgeous FS which I didn't think was fair. And Samuel and Tomas were absolutely slaughtered for their freeskates which weren't even that much worse than Abbott's, get PCS lower than the 18 year olds, and don't break 120 in the FS? I was just a bit confused.
    You make some good points and it is exactly what Bianchetti was saying about pcs - they are mostly scored by skating order/reputation.

But don't forget - or take another look - skaters like Patrick and Jeremy are doing things that Plushy and Joubert can only dream about. Their blade work and SS, IN and CH are so, so superior to almost all of the skaters they should always get higher pcs, even when they miss their jumps.

Compared to Patrick's edges, plushy and Joubert appear to be on double bladed training skates.

Custom Title
    You make some good points and it is exactly what Bianchetti was saying about pcs - they are mostly scored by skating order/reputation.

But don't forget - or take another look - skaters like Patrick and Jeremy are doing things that Plushy and Joubert can only dream about. Their blade work and SS, IN and CH are so, so superior to almost all of the skaters they should always get higher pcs, even when they miss their jumps.

Compared to Patrick's edges, plushy and Joubert appear to be on double bladed training skates.
    Yeah, well call me crazy but I actually think Daisuke, Tomas, and Jeremy are the three best male skaters competing right now but unfortunately they are awful competitors which allows the more boring skaters like Plushenko, Lysacek, Oda, and until recently Joubert (he's not that consistent but always seems to do just enough to hang onto a medal, except at the olympics) to continually beat them because they have such issues putting two programs together. It's really a shame because they are SO GOOD and I always expect so much out of them and they usually don't quite deliver. Oh well, props to Evan and Plushy for not pop, lock, and dropping like the other guys.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Not even himself.

But it has given him some confidence for going into the Worlds. He said he's happy that he sees his federation is still trusting him.

Why don't you compare everything Patrick does to those two?
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 03-15-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Custom Title
    Because if you're complaining about PCS, those things are worthy of being singled out.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Because if you're complaining about PCS, those things are worthy of being singled out.
    A lot of the commentators says Tomas has great edge quality too and yet his PCS are just average.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    A lot of the commentators says Tomas has great edge quality too and yet his PCS are just average.
    Tomas will continue to get mediocre PCS as long as he implodes in his performances. When Tomas can finally "get the monkey off his back," he will receive the PCS tht he rightfully deserves.

Custom Title
    Yeah, well call me crazy but I actually think Daisuke, Tomas, and Jeremy are the three best male skaters competing right now but unfortunately they are awful competitors which allows the more boring skaters like Plushenko, Lysacek, Oda, and until recently Joubert (he's not that consistent but always seems to do just enough to hang onto a medal, except at the olympics) to continually beat them because they have such issues putting two programs together. It's really a shame because they are SO GOOD and I always expect so much out of them and they usually don't quite deliver. Oh well, props to Evan and Plushy for not pop, lock, and dropping like the other guys.
    ITA, if only those three have the consistency and nerve of steel like Michelle Kwan, they would have been muliple world medalist (in Jeremy & Thomas) and/or world champ (Takahashi). =(

Maybe she should definietly do a lecture and train them on how to stay focus during competition. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast