Italy is making fun of carolina kostner ! =))) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Italy is making fun of carolina kostner ! =)))

Bennett

Record Breaker
Caro seems very popular and loved in Italy, too, despite that she's almost always been inconsistent. I bet there are lots of fans who support her.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
about the youtube video: it's a satiric scetch, if you see on the right there are many others that begins with the same title. it comes from a programm about sports, where they do this sort of things with all atlethes...

In Itay Carolina had been hyped up a lot since when she was flagbearer in Torino 2006. For that, she's very popular and there are a lot of fans, but also a lot of criticism.
In a way she has done a lot of commercial, she's been a lot in the media and so on, so that many ppl got to know figure skating because of her and just love her.

but for others figure skating fan it's annoying to see media speaking only about her, publicity and sponsor always with her alone, not considering the other athletes so that she's not very well tolerated.

I think it's just fame price...

After the Olympics she's been criticized a lot, because ppl hoped for a higher placement (and yes, figure skating ppl knew she could have a shot at bronze if she skated very very well, but from her declaration some not skating fans could be induced to believe in gold!)
there was also a question about money from the federation specifically payed for her training with carroll (while other skaters didn't receive the same, though they also train abroad).

On my side, I saw Carolina skating the first time in 2000 and I followed her career, but since 2006 on I started to dislike the public image around her (that of course should be separated from herself and her skating). And yes, I still think that marchei should be in Torino, so that they have a chance each.

Tanja90

On the Ice
Carolina has been treaten really in a bad way after Vancouver..she has been accused that she's not a champion that she is nothing and these worlds came from directly from the mouth of Gianni Petrucci the president of the CONI (the association who direct the whole word of sport in Italy) and he said that just after Carolina's free...don't you think it's a bit too much? the italian team in general didn't do well but all the newspaper talked about carolina's failure like if she was there to defend a gold medal...fortunately there are people whoi supported her and wrote some article telling that it's easy to say when a person win a medal "WE have won" and when that person fails "HE/SHE has lost. SHE/HE is not a champion" very very easy. but here in Italy things are like this and I'm disguested because people who follow this sport just a couple of months in a year cannot say this things..and I'm not talking only about Carolina..it happens with every champions Italy has had..

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
CONI (the association who direct the whole word of sport in Italy)

CONI it's the Italian Olympic Commitee

...don't you think it's a bit too much?

the italian team in general didn't do well but all the newspaper talked about carolina's failure like if she was there to defend a gold medal..

yes, Petrucci was really not a gentleman.
about newspaper: yes, they talked a lot so but the day after Caro's competition (unfortunately there weren't other Italian athletes who competed that day to speak about) and spoke of failure. still I don't think any journalists hoped for gold, perhaps they just hoped for a bronze or a top 5 finish... (however, what should they say? 16th was her worst placement ever...)
IMO, it was worst some of the articles after the SP when it was reported that Carolina still had great chances on the podium and so on, putting extra pression above her. (yes, she herself said that many times...but they perhaps could have avoided this sort of main titles)

then after Olympics she still is considered in a good position for Torino worlds and there were also articles defending her from Petrucci words (in some of the principal journal from influent opinionist)

but here in Italy things are like this and I'm disguested because people who follow this sport just a couple of months in a year cannot say this things..and I'm not talking only about Carolina..it happens with every champions Italy has had..

that's so true and so sad!!!

Tanja90

On the Ice
yes, as I think I've said that there was someone who defended her fortunately and I'm not arguing for the fact that they've wrote those things after the free program because it was right...she did really bad...I'm angry for the general behaviour of SOME journalist..I've an example but I won't say the name: during European Championship a journalist of the most important italian newspaper about sport was at the commentery position of the Italian television and after carolina's skate he said tha carolina is the best in europe she is an angel when she skates that she can compite with the asian girls because she is one of the most artistic and mature skater out there...untill this nothing bad apart from the little particular that from Italian championship untill, I don't know, three days before the competition the sam person keeped writing that carolina was over she has no chance to do well at european she should have to leave to let other skater (in this case, valentina) to skate...well, I don't think it's nice? don't you..I meant just this...they have to look at the whole packadge not only at one thing and it was just orrible what they do with carolina and valentina...carolina herself said it was sad and that journalist should incourage both of them and not make them two rivals and not make each see the other in a bad light...I don't know if I've explained my thought well...today my english doesn't work at all.....