Thin Ice music selections & choreographers | Golden Skate

Thin Ice music selections & choreographers

aside from the songs, I hope this intrusion into the monopoly held by the ISU develops into a viable annual contest with retirees and eligible ISU skaters competing alike. The older retirees could handle the judging and the administrative duties by former skate officials.

Having given my wishes, I do think this will turn out to be yet a flash in the pan, with skaters not caring if they win or not and interpreting the songs a la past pro-am contests. There will be lots of hips shaking and eyes batting, and ho hum, nothing new and imaginative. Hope I am wrong!

sk8rdad

On the Ice
aside from the songs, I hope this intrusion into the monopoly held by the ISU develops into a viable annual contest with retirees and eligible ISU skaters competing alike. The older retirees could handle the judging and the administrative duties by former skate officials.

Having given my wishes, I do think this will turn out to be yet a flash in the pan, with skaters not caring if they win or not and interpreting the songs a la past pro-am contests. There will be lots of hips shaking and eyes batting, and ho hum, nothing new and imaginative. Hope I am wrong!

Other than Joannie's exhibition there are no eligible ISU skaters in this event. Lambiel announced his retirement and the rest of the competitors have been pro for some time. I think pro events are a good thing but don't expect the ISU to back them as they don't make any money off them.

Kristi was on the View this afternoon, plugging the event along with Elizabeth Hasselbeck. Elizabeth was on the ice with Kristy trying to learn some moves. The main thing she learned was, no matter what happens, "sell it!" :laugh:

Lysacek was also on the the show, talking about Dancing with the Stars.