Thread: Plushenko Has Withdrawn from Worlds

Hybrid View

Custom Title

News Plushenko Has Withdrawn from Worlds

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...01545750_x.htm

According to this article, Yevgeny Plushenko has withdrawn from Worlds, and his replacement will be Sergey Voronov. The cause given is fatigue and undisclosed injury.

Custom Title
    Obviously hope he gets better from the mystery problem.

Terrible for Russia likely no one in the top 10 and loss of two spots for 2011.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Alexei Mishin: "Plushenko is experiencing pain in the performance of difficult jumps - a triple Axel and a quadruple toe loop"

Yevgeny Plushenko's coach Alexei Mishin has confirmed that the rejection of speech figure skating at the World Cup due to medical contraindications.

"Zhenya still wanted to speak, and I had the mood for a successful performance in Turin. But doctors ordered Eugene skating with extremely high loads. He feels pain in the performance of difficult jumps - a triple Axel and a quadruple toe loop. These jumps doctors recommended be deleted from skating. Train him, however, allowed. But classes will be held in lightweight mode.

Eugene did an MRI scan. We specifically do not pass this analysis to Vancouver to Eugene realized his dream - was involved in his third Olympics. But now, when the intensity of the struggle was asleep, had to go into this procedure. Threads were no more, that the world championship will have to miss, it became clear immediately ", - quotes Mishina Infox.ru.
    http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s.../69685276.html

Ah well, I m praying for Dai now , with plush, weir and lamby out and Takahiko to medal

Custom Title
    An inspired Voronov can make it to the top 10. But I wonder if he has been training or has the right motivation after the humilliating loss of his olympic spot. Anyways, both Sergei and Borodulin can easily finish between the 11 and
    16th range and still retain two spots with the right combo of placements (a 14th-15th will mean 29 points and no second spot).

As for Evgeni. Worlds was never on his comeback plans, Gold at Vancouver was definetly the only goal. I'm actually surprised it took this long to announce his withdrawal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    ....Terrible for Russia likely no one in the top 10 and loss of two spots for 2011.
    Voronov has been inconsistent in the past, but I believe in Borodulin. He might pull off a minor miracle.

Custom Title
    Can Borodulin go up four spots from 13 to 9 maybe with the witdrawls.

I was reading Alena Leonova's blog and she skated at the same place Voronov did and after Euros he stopped going so I don't know what kind of shape he is in. Probably not competitive shape.

Can Borodulin go up four spots from 13 to 9 maybe with the witdrawls.
    28 points for them in all is enough I think for two spots in 2011. I always forget about the qualification rules

I was reading Alena Leonova's blog and she skated at the same place Voronov did and after Euros he stopped going so I don't know what kind of shape he is in. Probably not competitive shape.
    Sad if that is so, but isn't an optimist skater always training hard if he/she is a substitute. Especially now with so many plausible withdrawals. Go Voronov

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I thought Plush would surely come to Worlds because he was a lock to win it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodhiyel View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...01545750_x.htm

According to this article, Yevgeny Plushenko has withdrawn from Worlds, and his replacement will be Sergey Voronov. The cause given is fatigue and undisclosed injury.
    My goodness. This sounds like the Worlds 2010 will truly be the beginning of new era in Men's skating.

^^^^^
    Is he the last of the Soviet skaters?

Custom Title
    He was born in 1987. Does that mean he is soviet? He would have been 4 when it collapsed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    My goodness. This sounds like the Worlds 2010 will truly be the beginning of new era in Men's skating.

Don't be so sure. If your podium will be Joubert, Takahashi and Chan, it will not look such a new era. All have medaled before.