Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko Has Withdrawn from Worlds

Custom Title
    When Dai was number one at the Grand Prix Final and then plunged to five was that nerves or old injury?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I don't believe Plushenko has an injury.
    I will be happy if he is not, but really as long as you do not provide a link for it...

He could have withdrawn earlier in the month, not after federation anounced it officially 3 days ago. And it is not like he was injured free all season amd injured himself just today. They didnt announce that anyway. He was already in injections for months and now it took its toll, after 10 back to back shows in Swiss also. If he was afraid to compete he would stay home after 2006, hugging his gold medal and eating pizza and would not risk health and everything else to reach Vancouver and skated with a mash potato knee. I had said I think he had no motivation to go to Worlds, for what, a 4th gold? And now, decided or forced that it doesnt worth the risk.
    Last edited by seniorita; 03-19-2010 at 10:38 PM.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I thought Plush would surely come to Worlds because he was a lock to win it.
    I agree with ChuckM. Plushenko was far from being a lock to win and he and his coaches know it. With all the whinning and complaining after his Vancouver results have caused even more dissection of his programs. This has put even more pressure on judges to justify giving him the scores he would need to win. Had he been just a good sport and a classy champion, he would have still gotten high PCS for standing/posing, hip grinding, and blowing kisses. Now the whole world has broken down his programs and magnified the weaknesses. If he's really injured, I hope he heals fast and comes back next year with high scoring programs under the current rules.

Custom Title
    Sad news, I enjoy Yevegeni's performance every time he steps on the ice.

Hoping for a full recovery and best of luck to him.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Wow. The Worlds roster has been a roller coster. I assumed Evegeni would not go to worlds after Vanvouver, an was very surprised . I assumed he was only doing it for an easy win. I wonder what exactly his injury is and question how Evegeni can think he can continue until Sochi considering his poor physical health.

Now the gold is literally wide open. I wonder if Evan and Johnny are rueing thier decisions to skip worlds. Th Mens event just got VERY interesting.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Wow. The Worlds roster has been a roller coster. I assumed Evegeni would not go to worlds after Vanvouver, an was very surprised . I assumed he was only doing it for an easy win. I wonder what exactly his injury is and question how Evegeni can think he can continue until Sochi considering his poor physical health.

Now the gold is literally wide open. I wonder if Evan and Johnny are rueing thier decisions to skip worlds. Th Mens event just got VERY interesting.
    MICHAL BREZINA will win, then the quadless wonder will be envied by monster quad Verner who will come back with a vengeance next season and win worlds ( ala Miki Ando. She was quad girl and bombed in Torino, her teammate won with lesser technical elements, and then the next year she came back and won worlds.)

Custom Title
    I hope Plushenko is Ok. He should rest. Then come back strong next season to win the Worlds.

One would think Weir might be second guessing himself now. His Intl resume is very thin and he could have won a medal.

Evan already has the biggest prize and probably doesn't mind giving one of the other guys a chance.

It is ashame that so many of the quad jumpers seem to destroy their bodies.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    I hope he recovers soon because Sochi really isn't that far away

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I wonder what exactly his injury is
    I dont know if anyone has read the report I posted in this thread yesterday(and they are a gazillion articles since that like this, I just posted one), but he didnt injure himself, like now. It is the same puzzle knee he had before, they didn tell him before Vancouver not to upset him, they tell him now. He didnt stay home after Vancouver to rest, he went touring, I guess the knee got upset and gave him a strong signal now.

This has to be the least surprising withdrawal since Evan's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    No, he wasn't. That's why he withdrew. He didn't want to finish anywhere else but first.
    BS. It is because the Russian FS federation wants to p"ss off ISU. Now without Plush nobody will jump quad. We will see the World championship of 25 year old fashion. And quads you can watch on youtube only. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    BS. It is because the Russian FS federation wants to p"ss off ISU. Now without Plush nobody will jump quad. We will see the World championship of 25 year old fashion. And quads you can watch on youtube only. Have fun.
    Or we can watch Ryan Bradley go for three quads - ooops .... that's one more then Plushy was trying.

I guess skating needs Ryan - broken foot and all - to move the sport forward since nobody at the Olympics was willing to attempt two quads in their LP.

Custom Title
    Kozuka landed a quad in Vancouver, and Takahashi attempted one. If these two want to be on the podium, they will attempt quads again. Joubert and Bradley are both sure to include quads in their programs.

Let's not discount either Abbott or Chan as contenders for gold at Worlds. Abbott has a quad too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast