Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Plushenko Has Withdrawn from Worlds

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby1Dawg View Post
    lol The Russian Fed. should just start their own sport of "FIGURE JUMPING." Then they should have a world champion that just lands quads and doesn't have to do any other actual skating skills well. They would have to also make the programs 3 minutes long since there won't be any jumping if it goes beyond that point.
    Wouldn't mind watching that. >.>

Banned
    lol The Russian Fed. should just start their own sport of "FIGURE JUMPING." Then they should have a world champion that just lands quads and doesn't have to do any other actual skating skills well. They would have to also make the programs 3 minutes long since there won't be any jumping if it goes beyond that point.
    Or ISU can name men's single FS as men's girlish ice dancing. Would be fun to watch lol.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    I think, the big PR ballon just has collapsed.
    His poor sportmanship in Vancouver will be remembered....
    As will the frenzy and "trash-talk weeks" which followed the event.

The atmosphere of online forums would be better without unnecessary self-assertive biased opinions.

As for the Worlds...
    His withdrawal came as a bit of a bad shock of course, but since I am amazed how he is still able to skate and jump the way he does with a knee that seems to be pretty much done with, I think there is nothing to argue about with what the doctors say.

In a way I am still happy.

I look forward to seeing Brezina, Amodio, Fernandez and Schultheiss doing their best. Let them steal the limelight, please

There are so many unbelievably entertaining and talented young skaters there.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Or ISU can name men's single FS as men's girlish ice dancing. Would be fun to watch lol.
    You mean like posing, grinding your hips, blowing kisses and not doing any jumps or difficulty the last minute plus of the program? Thats really manly! lol ...and what should we call him if he can't even do "girlish ice dancing?" lol

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Willywu View Post
    Wouldn't mind watching that. >.>
    That would be amazing! I'd love to watch that as well. But I don't think Plushenko would win that either. Out side of the quad triple and sometimes the 3 axel, his other jumps are so so to ok. Have you seen Nobu's 4 3 3?

Custom Title
    That would be amazing! I'd love to watch that as well. But I don't think Plushenko would win that either. Out side of the quad triple and sometimes the 3 axel, his other jumps are so so to ok. Have you seen Nobu's 4 3 3?
    YES it's gorgeous . Actually, now that I think of it, maybe Mao getting a quad is actually feasible, considering she's the same size as Nobu and he can do one

Custom Title
    I wonder why Mao can do a triple axel but doesn't do a quad toe loop. I mean isn't that jump the easiest? It's why most attach it to hard jumps right? to get the combination score out of it? Maybe she just can't get the right hight going backward? She can get the height on the axel because she is going forward but not backwards? There has to be interview where this is disussed right?

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    Let's not discount either Abbott or Chan as contenders for gold at Worlds. Abbott has a quad too.
    I totally agree with you!!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Well the qua is four revilutions where the triple Axel is 3 1/2. Also the toe loop is not Mao's strongest trieple, neither is her salchow. She has trained the quad loop, but as that vaults off the right back edge with no toep k asisst or momentum lime the salchow, I have to imagine landing one would be close to impossible for most men. Except maybe Lambiel.

Custom Title
    Aw this is too bad. I was hoping to see Plushy "defend" his title. Oh well, perhaps if his knees hold up he can give it a go next year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I totally agree with you!!
    I agree, Abbott beat Lysacek in the FS at nationals, and Lysacek is the Olympic Champion. He definitely has upset medal potential if he skates like he did in the FS at nationals and keeps it together in the SP.

Banned
    You mean like posing, grinding your hips, blowing kisses and not doing any jumps or difficulty the last minute plus of the program? Thats really manly! lol ...and what should we call him if he can't even do "girlish ice dancing?" lol
    Oh yeah, it is much better than no kisses, no hips and no quad, just gayish sliding around with junior level jumps.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Oh yeah, it is much better than no kisses, no hips and no quad, just gayish sliding around with junior level jumps.
    Please define "gayish."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Please define "gayish."
    gay+ish

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4