Torino | Golden Skate

Torino

sorcerer

Final Flight
Seems to be a very elegant city. Envy those who live there.
BTW I never realized Palavela was designed by Gae Aulenti.
Were the exterior walls painted red from the beginning?

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
Seems to be a very elegant city. Envy those who live there.
BTW I never realized Palavela was designed by Gae Aulenti.
Were the exterior walls painted red from the beginning?

well, I think the city center only is elegant and obviously it's what they show for Wordls...actually I guess not many Italians envy who lives in Torino - it's a gloomy place :indiff: sunny towns in the South "represent" Italy better.

sorcerer

Final Flight
Thanks for the links kiz_4Ever !!

Milano and Firenze are rather in the northern part too, no?

Last edited:

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
Milano is in the north, while Firenze is in the center, in Tuscany.

I agree with GiuliaPlum, Torino is very elegant but only in the city center! FIAT is based here, that's to say that especially from the 60's on (til the 90's I believe), they built a lot of workers' quarter and it was a great industrial city. In the suburbs there were FIAT industries. yet, there have been a more careful policy, that brought to a better environment, and with the late 90's and especially the Olympics came a lot of cultural events, new or renewed museums, ...

eg: Lingotto, now still holds the most important FIAT'offices, but it's also a elegant commercial center, was part of the Olympic village (still there are residences, university and conference rooms inside) and now it's pretty a must-to-see.
OT: here was shoted the car chase of "The Italian Job" from 1969, and in it you see both Torino center, so as Lingotto (they run on the roof). I'm not sure, but at 3:26 it seems the Palavela to me (I should check!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0nXDOr1r6A

seniorita

Record Breaker
weeee thanx for blog, I m leaving in two days!!! Any tip for where to go out or eat? I ve found museums, sightseeings, how NOT to be lost for palavela, but no time for food and drinks:biggrin:

Vlad

On the Ice
weeee thanx for blog, I m leaving in two days!!! Any tip for where to go out or eat? I ve found museums, sightseeings, how NOT to be lost for palavela, but no time for food and drinks:biggrin:

Thank you too,Seniorita!And about eat-I'm sure you will find easy a lot of places for it there.Have a nice trip!