Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Who will jump quad in the Worlds after Plush has withdrawn?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    The whole post
    Janetfan, I've seen this kind of conversation won't go anywhere. And this is not the first time. I am sick of this North Americans vs. Europeans talk. So you will lose even more of your pleasure in bashing the European skaters because I am going to put you on my ignore list. So don't bother to answer.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Since Dai landed quad FLIP on the second day practice, he may go for it:
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/10...0959000-n1.htm

Here Nobu is reported to UR quad attempts so he might not jump it in his FS.

Tak seems doing well on his quad. He can land it again like Vancouver.

Reynolds reminds me of early Plushenko.. I'm going to start calling him Little Plush

Custom Title
    jenny (presuming you haven't already added me to ignore), do you feel that that Plushenko was scored accurately in PCS according to the posted guidelines (Here and Here) If so, how? If not, where was he lacking?

I tend to agree that Evan Lysacek's PCS shot up this year, but given that Plushenko outpointed Lysacek here, it's germane to the discussion to see if you actually think that in terms of the components, you feel that reflected the skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    Since Dai landed quad FLIP on the second day practice, he may go for it:
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/10...0959000-n1.htm
    Wow great news Dai succeeded 4F on the second day of practice! He said he's 50/50 on which quad to attempt lol

He seems to get more height on the flip than the toeloop sometimes.
    Last edited by bibi24; 03-23-2010 at 01:14 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    he did quad flip?!!! Wow !!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    he did quad flip?!!! Wow !!!
    4F practice Day1,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G4KQwRBBlo#t=0m07s

4F practice Day2,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvWOljjp4aw#t=0m50s
    Last edited by bibi24; 03-23-2010 at 06:38 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    Are you serious having this childish answer ?

Who did quads? Yagudin, Lambiel, Kulik, Takahashi, Oda.
    Who has to cut his carrier or hang it up because of serious injuries? These one's and Plushenko.

Which ladies did 3-3s in the end of their carrier? Lipinski, Hughes, Ito, Meissner. Are their carrier took long?
    The longlasting skaters did 3-3s in the end of their carrier? Slutskaya? Kwan? Arakawa?

So, I still prefer to has longlasting carrier by those who can entertain us.

I cannot understand, how gymnastic comes to that picture. Yes, it is a terribly destroying sport.
    I would never allow my children to take THAT sport. I've seen too many destroyed human joins because of elite sport.
    I have to say, I agree with you. I'd rather see a skater with a long career who grows artistically than "destroyed human joints." Maybe because I have a doctor in the family, that's the way my mind works too. You're right about bread and circuses--I feel a bit like someone in the Roman Colosseum when I see children wrecking their bodies for my entertainment. That's why I stopped watching gymnastics. I'd hate to give up watching skating, because it's my favorite sport of all, but some of the things I see make me very uneasy.

I understand that the athletes tend to be risk-takers and very driven to achieve success, so that they don't mind taking these chances. But I do wish there were a way to cut down the risk of injury. I hate to admit it, but in a way, COP has achieved that effect, because it concentrates on other elements as well, spins and spirals and footwork. We were certainly shown that when Plushenko's quads were beaten by Lysacek, and Mao with three triple axels came in second after YuNa.

EDIT: But wait a minute....did I miss something? Is Plushenko not coming to the worlds? Where was I that I missed that announcement? Wow!
    Last edited by Olympia; 03-23-2010 at 08:21 AM.

Rinkside
    Would love to see Michal and Dai perform quads. Hope to see Dai's quad flip!

Custom Title
    I'm hoping that Kevin Reynolds is able to land all his jumps(quads especially cleanly) in both programs and can move into the top 10. I'm really impressed with the improvement in the rest of his skating this year. Granted, he's got a ways to go but the improvement shows that he's serious about moving up and that he is working very hard to make the move to being a contender. I'm thinking there's a lot of potential in this kid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi24 View Post
    It was two-footed?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Is the future of skating in N.American/Asian skill - or Euro theatrics?
    Vot he posted here.....???

It is like babelfish. I know every word but I absolutely do not understand the meaning.

Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    I'm hoping that Kevin Reynolds is able to land all his jumps(quads especially cleanly) in both programs and can move into the top 10. I'm really impressed with the improvement in the rest of his skating this year. Granted, he's got a ways to go but the improvement shows that he's serious about moving up and that he is working very hard to make the move to being a contender. I'm thinking there's a lot of potential in this kid.
    He did well. If he hadn't popped the 3A, or if he had even turned it into a 2A, he would have been up a fair bit higher in the standings. He admits to struggling with the axel; it's a problem for him, he finds it more difficult than the other jumps. However, apparently he's working on a 4L as well - and is beginning to land it in practice! He's come a long way on the artistic side in the past year, and there are improvements in skating skills. He's still young, after all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4