Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Ladies Preview

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jovani2293 View Post
    I personally am going for Miki and her triple triple. She looks different in practice. She looks so determined to land it and rotate it. It looks cleaner and cleaner, even more then the ones before the olympics.
    I like Miki too, I think she will surprise us and be really good here, I think she really wants a medal. I commend her for trying such a difficult 3-3, 3lz-3lo, as it is very gutsy and no one else will attempt one

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    If she goes pro, all of her programs will be gala (i.e. non-competitive) programs.
    I don't think anyone's going to disagree that "she's too good of a talent to let go at age 20". This said, if she can't find maintain motivation after reaching her ultimate goal (Olympic Gold, and with a world record, to boot), then it's out of our control, isn't it?
    I guess. I know she wants to travel in Canada. But back to the new gala, she was talking about gala in future (if not next) competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I like Miki too, I think she will surprise us and be really good here, I think she really wants a medal. I commend her for trying such a difficult 3-3, 3lz-3lo, as it is very gutsy and no one else will attempt one
    I really don't get Miki. She has been underrotating jumps, her choreography is so so, her spins and spirals, while better than earlier years, are not that great. If she misses her jumps she is just a mediocre skater and that is how she has been skating lately. I would rather watch Lepisito, Nagasu or even Flatt.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    I really don't get Miki. She has been underrotating jumps, her choreography is so so, her spins and spirals, while better than earlier years, are not that great. If she misses her jumps she is just a mediocre skater and that is how she has been skating lately. I would rather watch Lepisito, Nagasu or even Flatt.
    Yep. But I'd even rather watch Korpi

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsk8fan View Post
    Former world champion PCS bonus. Brian Joubert gets it too.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    But will she? How many times has she watered down her programs in competition, especially this season. I am getting rather frustrated IMHO.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    With a new set of judges if Miki and Rachael skate SP's like they did in Vancouver they could find themselves with much lower marks. I thought their SP scores were quite generous in Vancouver.
    I agree with Janetfan. Miki and Rachael were generously scored in their SPs in Vancouver. I could see them finish even lower. Miki hasn't skated her best since the GP series. Plus the judges might favor puting at least one European in there....enter Lepisto and her lack of jumps but pretty skating. I actually think Suzuki has surpassed Miki and might actually get the scores she deserves.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby1Dawg View Post
    I actually think Suzuki has surpassed Miki and might actually get the scores she deserves.
    YES! There is to be some justice in this world! Akiko so deserves higher scores!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    But will she? How many times has she watered down her programs in competition, especially this season. I am getting rather frustrated IMHO.
    I think where she just finished 5th at the Olympics and saw that Yuna was perfect, she'll step it back up here. Miki is good at rising to the occasion.

Custom Title
    Maybe Miki just nervous at Olympics bc of her bad experience from Torino. 5th place is not bad, better than 15th place!! She just being extremly cautious not to make a mistake and it reflect in her skater. She can redeem herself here, and if she attack her program like last year, there is no way she will be behind Lepisto or Flatt. But there is Marai who will be attemping more difficult jumps layout and who can milk alot of points on spins and spiral. I say bronze for Marai.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    If you rewatch Miki's performance without prejudice, I think not a few of you may have a sligtly different view.
    It was yes, tentative but skated with a lot of affection and care, with subtle but refined details.
    IMO some prejudice come from that biased and disrespectful NBC commentater, and the now common Morozov bashing trend, etc.

Of course she always has room to improve and Miki herself knows and speaks about it.
    F'rinstance she said she aims to have more pep and speed in the coming Worlds.

This is a bit off topic, but I don't know a more cruel torment to a teenage girl than the one Miki received after Turin Olys from the tabloid media, the hate mails sent to her, web hate posts....
    It's not surprising that she became very nervous about the memories of her failure.
    So I wouldn't name that tentativeness in Vancouver as "watering down" a program ....

But I'll respect every type of opinion.
    Last edited by sorcerer; 03-24-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    If you rewatch Miki's performance without prejudice, I think not a few of you may have a sligtly different view.
    It was yes, tentative but skated with a lot of affection and care, with subtle but refined details.
    IMO some prejudice come from that biased and disrespectful NBC commentater, and the now common Morozov bashing trend, etc.

Of course she always has room to improve and Miki herself knows and speaks about it.
    F'rinstance she said she aims to have more pep and speed in the coming Worlds.

This is a bit off topic, but I don't know a more cruel torment to a teenage girl than the one Miki received after Turin Olys from the tabloid media, the hate mails sent to her, web hate posts....
    It's not surprising that she became very nervous about the memories of her failure.
    So I wouldn't name that tentativeness in Vancouver as "watering down" a program ....

But I'll respect every type of opinion.
    ITA. You are right and Miki is 21 right??? I think it come to the age where a skater start losing the jumps with the new rules being so strict, no wonder we are seeing less 3+3 these days. You got to wonder what will happen the next 2-3 years. Well Yuna still have her 3+3? What about Mao and her 3A? Too bad the skating career for women are very short.

Custom Title
    Maybe we American Ladies fans will have a silver lining at worlds because if Mirai and Rachael duplicate their 4-7 placements from Vancouver, or better, we get our 3rd berth back!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteam4501s View Post
    Maybe we American Ladies fans will have a silver lining at worlds because if Mirai and Rachael duplicate their 4-7 placements from Vancouver, or better, we get our 3rd berth back!!!!!
    YEAH!! And I am very certain that it is going to happen!!!

Custom Title
    I'm glad to see that Mao still has Shanetta with her for this competition--it'd be sad if she didn't have anyone to sit with her in the K&C!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast