Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 101

Thread: Ladies Preview

  1. #76
    Custom Title Phoenix347's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by watchvancouver View Post
    Stock brokers went on strike and Diana collapsed the market there with her win at Olys. Can you imagine that? It just shows you how idiotic and superficial it is! South Korea wants to demonstrate to the western world koreans can beat westerns at their own game by showcasing Kim's supremacy. In reality, it just shows how insecure and inferior they feel at world stage. I doubt a healthy and confident society would go nuts over a figure skater to that kind of magnitude.

    It's just figure skating!! Doing a 3+3 is not going to save people in starvation.
    Okay, let's list of your hate: You hate Patrick Chan, Yuna Kim and South Korea. I have to check your other posts to find out what else.

  2. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix347 View Post
    Okay, let's list of your hate: You hate Patrick Chan, Yuna Kim and South Korea. I have to check your other posts to find out what else.
    I don't hate Diana Kim. She's a great skater with strong technical content. I just feel she's way overrated compared to Mao. Mao is artistic and she can do 3 3As! I'm rooting for Mao, not Diana!

    Regarding South Korea, I just found the current Diana-phenomenon is amusing. It's on par with the idiotic reality-show mentality in the U.S.

    Chan, yeah, I do hate him, a talentless cheater.

  3. #78
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    wow ... there is chan bashing even on the ladies thread. i think i need to visit a patrick chan fan site to balance all this out!! back to ladies skating please ...

  4. #79
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by watchvancouver View Post
    I don't hate Diana Kim. She's a great skater with strong technical content. I just feel she's way overrated compared to Mao. Mao is artistic and she can do 3 3As! I'm rooting for Mao, not Diana!

    Regarding South Korea, I just found the current Diana-phenomenon is amusing. It's on par with the idiotic reality-show mentality in the U.S.

    Chan, yeah, I do hate him, a talentless cheater.
    Mao was better as a 14 year old than she is now, and Yuna has improved leaps and bounds since she was 14, that is the difference I think. Also, Mao CAN be artistic, but her programs this season don't showcase her artistry and really just don't suit her at all. Her exhibition piece is lovely though.

  5. #80
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    Where did the Diana Kim come from?
    Mao was better technically when she was younger. However, in terms of overall polish and sophistication in her skating, she is better now. The problem is that her programs don't showcase this well. However, her exhibitions do. I will consider Mao at 16-17 as her best period so far where the technical and the artistic aspects of her skating came together very well.

  6. #81
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Figga View Post
    Compared to the others, both Yuna and Mao look amazing. in a league of their own. with that said, i don't understand those who complain about yuna's scores, considering how her programs are structured and executed.
    Yuna yes, I'd say Mirai is pretty close to Mao's level (minus 3a) , Joannie too, even Rachael, Miki, and Laura on a good night, the scores reflect this. I actually think Yuna is usually scored fairly because when she does make mistakes, her scores aren't huge (like at SA, 2008 GPF and 2009 GPF).

  7. #82
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Yuna yes, I'd say Mirai is pretty close to Mao's level (minus 3a) , Joannie too, even Rachael, Miki, and Laura on a good night, the scores reflect this. I actually think Yuna is usually scored fairly because when she does make mistakes, her scores aren't huge (like at SA, 2008 GPF and 2009 GPF).
    Ok Joannie/Miki's results are close (even though I don't agree they are better than Mao), but Rachel, Laura, Mirai????? If you're referring to the GP events, then it's a bit different since that's not Mao at her usual level. I like Mirai a lot, but as of now, she's still a bit juniorish.

  8. #83
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Ok Joannie/Miki's results are close (even though I don't agree they are better than Mao), but Rachel, Laura, Mirai????? If you're referring to the GP events, then it's a bit different since that's not Mao at her usual level. I like Mirai a lot, but as of now, she's still a bit juniorish.
    I don't really get how Mirai is juniorish? Physically she looks more mature than Mao and she has great poise and speed on the ice.

  9. #84
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I don't really get how Mirai is juniorish? Physically she looks more mature than Mao and she has great poise and speed on the ice.
    It's her presence on ice. She doesn't really get into the character of her programs; she just shows excitement and joy while skating, which is engaging but lacks the maturiy and sophistication of more experienced skaters.

  10. #85
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    It's her presence on ice. She doesn't really get into the character of her programs; she just shows excitement and joy while skating, which is engaging but lacks the maturiy and sophistication of more experienced skaters.
    Agreed.

  11. #86
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    It's her presence on ice. She doesn't really get into the character of her programs; she just shows excitement and joy while skating, which is engaging but lacks the maturiy and sophistication of more experienced skaters.
    I partly agree. Mirai is very committed to choreography and presents extremely well. But compare her Carmen to Mao's Nocturn or Yuna's Tango. The level of maturity and elegance these two showcased as 16-yr old is not there yet in Mirai.

  12. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Yuna yes, I'd say Mirai is pretty close to Mao's level (minus 3a) , Joannie too, even Rachael, Miki, and Laura on a good night, the scores reflect this. I actually think Yuna is usually scored fairly because when she does make mistakes, her scores aren't huge (like at SA, 2008 GPF and 2009 GPF).
    Yeah, those three 2As and fair scores!

  13. #88
    Custom Title prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by watchvancouver View Post
    Stock brokers went on strike and Diana collapsed the market there with her win at Olys. Can you imagine that? It just shows you how idiotic and superficial it is! South Korea wants to demonstrate to the western world koreans can beat westerns at their own game by showcasing Kim's supremacy. In reality, it just shows how insecure and inferior they feel at world stage. I doubt a healthy and confident society would go nuts over a figure skater to that kind of magnitude.

    It's just figure skating!! Doing a 3+3 is not going to save people in starvation.
    Neither is repeatedly making known your hate for YuNa and Koreans, but good job anyway. Time and energy well-spent!

  14. #89
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by watchvancouver View Post
    Yeah, those three 2As and fair scores!
    She did an amazing 3lz-3t and most ladies are doing three 2a in their FS nowadays anyways and one was in a 2a-3t combination in the 2nd half of the program, that is not an easy combination! She got a huge score because she was clean and dazzling, Mao and Joannie wouldn't have matched it if they were clean in the LP, but they would have been closer to it for sure, but both a couple very obvious mistakes in the FS and that's why Yuna won by a landslide.

  15. #90
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,982
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    It's her presence on ice. She doesn't really get into the character of her programs; she just shows excitement and joy while skating, which is engaging but lacks the maturiy and sophistication of more experienced skaters.
    Well, Mirai has gone through lots of physical changes in the past year or so, so at this point I don't think she's comfortable with trying to show the sensuality that Yuna has had in her programs since she was Mirai's age, but I'm sure next season she'll have more mature programs and we will see a big difference. Mirai is also not as lyrical as Mao, where Mao shines in those soft, classical music pieces, Mirai is a fast and powerful skater and I don't think would showcase her strengths in programs set to music like that. I would just say they have different styles to their skating.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •