Ladies Preview | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies Preview

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Compared to the others, both Yuna and Mao look amazing. in a league of their own. with that said, i don't understand those who complain about yuna's scores, considering how her programs are structured and executed.

Yuna yes, I'd say Mirai is pretty close to Mao's level (minus 3a) , Joannie too, even Rachael, Miki, and Laura on a good night, the scores reflect this. I actually think Yuna is usually scored fairly because when she does make mistakes, her scores aren't huge (like at SA, 2008 GPF and 2009 GPF).

miki88

Medalist
Yuna yes, I'd say Mirai is pretty close to Mao's level (minus 3a) , Joannie too, even Rachael, Miki, and Laura on a good night, the scores reflect this. I actually think Yuna is usually scored fairly because when she does make mistakes, her scores aren't huge (like at SA, 2008 GPF and 2009 GPF).

Ok Joannie/Miki's results are close (even though I don't agree they are better than Mao), but Rachel, Laura, Mirai????? If you're referring to the GP events, then it's a bit different since that's not Mao at her usual level. I like Mirai a lot, but as of now, she's still a bit juniorish.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Ok Joannie/Miki's results are close (even though I don't agree they are better than Mao), but Rachel, Laura, Mirai????? If you're referring to the GP events, then it's a bit different since that's not Mao at her usual level. I like Mirai a lot, but as of now, she's still a bit juniorish.

I don't really get how Mirai is juniorish? Physically she looks more mature than Mao and she has great poise and speed on the ice.

miki88

Medalist
I don't really get how Mirai is juniorish? Physically she looks more mature than Mao and she has great poise and speed on the ice.

It's her presence on ice. She doesn't really get into the character of her programs; she just shows excitement and joy while skating, which is engaging but lacks the maturiy and sophistication of more experienced skaters.

Wrlmy

Medalist
It's her presence on ice. She doesn't really get into the character of her programs; she just shows excitement and joy while skating, which is engaging but lacks the maturiy and sophistication of more experienced skaters.

I partly agree. Mirai is very committed to choreography and presents extremely well. But compare her Carmen to Mao's Nocturn or Yuna's Tango. The level of maturity and elegance these two showcased as 16-yr old is not there yet in Mirai.

watchvancouver

Match Penalty

Yeah, those three 2As and fair scores!

prettykeys

Medalist
Stock brokers went on strike and Diana collapsed the market there with her win at Olys. Can you imagine that? It just shows you how idiotic and superficial it is! South Korea wants to demonstrate to the western world koreans can beat westerns at their own game by showcasing Kim's supremacy. In reality, it just shows how insecure and inferior they feel at world stage. I doubt a healthy and confident society would go nuts over a figure skater to that kind of magnitude.

It's just figure skating!! Doing a 3+3 is not going to save people in starvation.
Neither is repeatedly making known your hate for YuNa and Koreans, but good job anyway. Time and energy well-spent!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yeah, those three 2As and fair scores!

She did an amazing 3lz-3t and most ladies are doing three 2a in their FS nowadays anyways and one was in a 2a-3t combination in the 2nd half of the program, that is not an easy combination! She got a huge score because she was clean and dazzling, Mao and Joannie wouldn't have matched it if they were clean in the LP, but they would have been closer to it for sure, but both a couple very obvious mistakes in the FS and that's why Yuna won by a landslide.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Well, Mirai has gone through lots of physical changes in the past year or so, so at this point I don't think she's comfortable with trying to show the sensuality that Yuna has had in her programs since she was Mirai's age, but I'm sure next season she'll have more mature programs and we will see a big difference. Mirai is also not as lyrical as Mao, where Mao shines in those soft, classical music pieces, Mirai is a fast and powerful skater and I don't think would showcase her strengths in programs set to music like that. I would just say they have different styles to their skating.

cooper

Medalist
I don't want to start arguing with this Anti South Korean hater here...anyway I'm hoping that Yuna will not retire. I want to see more of her and how she will continue to improve even though she already won the Olympic title.

And hopefully all the ladies can bring their A game!

aurora100

Final Flight
Go Mao! Can't stand Dianna Kim's super-inflated scores.

Wow, I come back to the forum after a few days and the venom of watchvancouver is back. Well watchvancouver, obviously you didn't watch Vancouver, or you have no eyes, or live in la la land, if you still don't see Yuna Kim gets super scores because she is superior to any other woman skater on the scene. Mao is lucky she got silver in Vancouver, as she was over scored for her LP, that had so little content after the 3A's. She has Joanne to thank for making a few mistakes in her courageous skate. I just feel sorry for you for having to suffer and unable to live in reality.

aurora100

Final Flight
Yes, she's here. Who knows what she'll do, I doubt pull an Oda though because her SP is normally at least decent, if she implodes, it will be in the LP.

Wow, silverlake22, are you in Torino? Lucky you. Have you seen ladies practice sessions? What's your observation?

RumbleFish

Rinkside
Stock brokers went on strike and Diana collapsed the market there with her win at Olys.

Stock brokers were not on a strike, though individual investors chose to delay their trade and witness KYN's all time greatest Olympic performance.
Also, market didn't collapse thought there was a temporary void in trading volume.
Your statement is far from true and just shows you are either lying or mouthing off about something you know nothing about.

Can you imagine that? It just shows you how idiotic and superficial it is! South Korea wants to demonstrate to the western world koreans can beat westerns at their own game by showcasing Kim's supremacy.

Where in the world do you come up with your crooked views? :confused:
You may have your opinion, but no one will take you seriously if you fail to back up with your statements with logic and factual evidences.
I'd advice you to look in the mirror before you discuss an idiotic and superficial behavior.

In reality, it just shows how insecure and inferior they feel at world stage. I doubt a healthy and confident society would go nuts over a figure skater to that kind of magnitude.

Here are my take on words you chose to use and it's symptoms.
1. Insecurity: Using multiple IDs on message boards to deceive other board members or to hide behind a phony identity.
2. Inferiority: Repeatedly loosing by over 20 points even with cheated jumps and overblown component scores. Failing to show graciousness during medal ceremony, even after a convincing defeat. Bad sportsmanship and lack of respect to the governing body shown when skater complained about jump base value and GOE scores.
3. Unhealthy society that lacks confidence: A major TV station covertly filming judges to raise conspiracy. People reading bogus articles written about non-existent sex video tapes of a 19 year old skater from neighboring country. Lunatics sending non-sense e-mails to the IOC calling for disqualification of the gold medal winner making completely groundless accusations.

It's just figure skating!! Doing a 3+3 is not going to save people in starvation.

A great skating performance has power to touch many people and purify their souls.
From reading your post, I see that your favorite skater some how has only provoked hate and anguish to you.
I'd consider following other skaters if I were you.
There are many excellent and inspiring skaters out there.

Last edited:

aurora100

Final Flight
Stock brokers went on strike and Diana collapsed the market there with her win at Olys. Can you imagine that? It just shows you how idiotic and superficial it is! South Korea wants to demonstrate to the western world koreans can beat westerns at their own game by showcasing Kim's supremacy. In reality, it just shows how insecure and inferior they feel at world stage. I doubt a healthy and confident society would go nuts over a figure skater to that kind of magnitude.

I know you don't know how to watch figure skating with eyes open, but it looks like you don't know how to absorb information from the respectable media like NY Times, BBC, NBC, or CBC. No, the stock market didn't crush in South Korea, but the trading was down by half during the minutes Yuna Kim skated. And your allegation of South Korean "inferiority complex" is ignorant and trashy. I don't know why the Forum doesn't take you off the forum for your hatred.

aurora100

Final Flight
I don't hate Diana Kim.
Chan, yeah, I do hate him, a talentless cheater.

You hate Chan. Hate is a strong word to say about someone you don't even know. Once again, seeing as you don't know how to watch figure skating with your eyes open, you wouldn't know a talent if it fell on your head.

aurora100

Final Flight
Stock brokers were not on a strike, though individual investors chose to delay their trade and witness KYN's all time greatest Olympic performance.
Also, market didn't collapse thought there was a temporary void in trading volume.
Your statement is far from true and just shows you are either lying or mouthing off about something you know nothing about.

Where in the world do you come up with your crooked views? :confused:
You may have your opinion, but no one will take you seriously if you fail to back up with your statements with logic and factual evidences.
I'd advice you to look in the mirror before you discuss an idiotic and superficial behavior.

Here are my take on words you chose to use and it's symptoms.
1. Insecurity: Using multiple IDs on message boards to deceive other board members or to hide behind a phony identity.
2. Inferiority: Repeatedly loosing by over 20 points even with cheated jumps and overblown component scores. Failing to show graciousness during medal ceremony, even after a convincing defeat. Bad sportsmanship and lack of respect to the governing body shown when skater complained about jump base value and GOE scores.
3. Unhealthy society that lacks confidence: A major TV station covertly filming judges to raise conspiracy. People reading bogus articles written about non-existent sex video tapes of a 19 year old skater from neighboring country. Lunatics sending non-sense e-mails to the IOC calling for disqualification of the gold medal winner making completely groundless accusations.

A great skating performance has power to touch many people and purify their souls.
From reading your post, I see that your favorite skater some how has only provoked hate and anguish to you.
I'd consider following other skaters if I were you.
There are many excellent and inspiring skaters out there.

Thanks Rumblefish for taking the time to enlighten.

alfoalfo

Rinkside
Stock brokers went on strike and Diana collapsed the market there with her win at Olys. Can you imagine that? It just shows you how idiotic and superficial it is!

hi watchvancouver (who obviously didnt watch vancouver, lols aurora100 :agree: ) how is it superficial that a country put aside their time and money to watch their fellow countrywoman mesmerise their nation into achieving something that was never done by their people before?
i thought it was awesome how stock brokers of all people didnt hesitate to put aside their superficial greed to support and witness Yuna represent Korea and perform the skate of her life!

I doubt a healthy and confident society would go nuts over a figure skater to that kind of magnitude.

so are you dissing the fact that its over a figure skater? so it's ok if a society goes nuts over an athlete of a different sport? i dont quite understand what you're trying to get at.

well, the person doing those 3+3's actually fed many starving mouths and helped many unfortunate people through her generous donations ($US 3mill to this day), in fact, Yuna probably wouldnt have gotten this far as the world's no. 1 figure skater if not for those gorgeous 3+3's of hers. So i guess, doing a 3+3 somehow did save people in starvation :agree:

ETA: her name isnt Diana Kim, its QUEEN YU-NA :rock:

I don't want to start arguing with this Anti South Korean hater here...anyway I'm hoping that Yuna will not retire. I want to see more of her and how she will continue to improve even though she already won the Olympic title.

And hopefully all the ladies can bring their A game!

word! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sazzy

Rinkside
I'd like to see ...

Carolina - SP + LP clean clean CLEAN programmes! with her home crowd cheering for her, i'm sure this will give her a massive confidence boost for seasons to come.

Mao - rumour has it that she's trying 3-3 again in her LP? i can only imagine it being 3F-3Lo. So her new line-up for jumps looks something like... 3A, 3A-2T, 3F-3Lo, 3F-2Lo-2Lo, 3T, 2A, and not sure what the last jump is going to be, but given her propensity not to include Lz or S, may be another 2A?

Miki - definitely 3-3 in either of her programmes. Such a competent jumper, no doubt.

Mirai - no <, no e and no ! Loved her FS at the olympics.

Yuna - another clean for both programmes would be amazing, but how can anyone expect any more from this lady? though a level 4 in her step sequences would be a bonus.

Rachael - no <