Thread: Pairs Preview

News Pairs Preview

At first glance, the pairs competition could prove to be somewhat lackluster in comparison to the drama and intrigue displayed last month in Vancouver at the Olympic Games.

More

I've like Pang and Tong since they first came on the scene but the German's are very formidable.

The results of the two American Teams I'm hoping add up to 13 or less so that McL/Bru get in on the action. Love to see 3good teams in Pairs (a rarity in US figure skating). Sochi is not that long away but enough to start cracking down on Technique which is what Pairs are all about.

Hopefully the free skate has less falls than in Vancouver. lol.

Custom Title
    The juiciest bit out of this is the possibility of Maxim Trankov of Russia teaming up with Tatiana Volosozhar of Ukraine. I think they would make a great pair technically and hopefully a happier skating team than were Maxim Trankov with his previous partner Maria Mukhortova. Is this true anyone? Which country would they skate for? Russia probably.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aurora100 View Post
    The juiciest bit out of this is the possibility of Maxim Trankov of Russia teaming up with Tatiana Volosozhar of Ukraine. I think they would make a great pair technically and hopefully a happier skating team than were Maxim Trankov with his previous partner Maria Mukhortova. Is this true anyone? Which country would they skate for? Russia probably.
    Volosozhar deserves a strong partner to fulfill her potential. I don't want her to partner up with Trankov though. Trankov seems to have an attitude problem.

Custom Title
    I think that the brilliant Volosozhar should be teamed up with Smirnov.
    I've never had a feeling Kavaguti-Smirnov matches up together, they never steps to the ice together, starting their programs usually coming from different corners of the ice like in Vancouver.
    If Smirnov is tall enough ( I don't know), it would be the BEST solutions for the Russians.

Just don't give them to Moskvina anymore. She is an adorable person and excellent coach, but the program and the music of Kavaguti-Smirnov was rather tasteless.
    They would worth a much better one.
    Last edited by bigdeal; 03-21-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    I've been wondering who Volosozhar would skate with and Trankov didn't immediately come to mind. They seem to have completely different temperaments.

Quote Originally Posted by watchvancouver View Post
    Volosozhar deserves a strong partner to fulfill her potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    I've been wondering who Volosozhar would skate with
    Steuer talks a little about it here

Steuer is already searching for a new partner (not a German, clearly), to prepare his new pair with a view to Sochi 2014. Steuer found a dozen "suitors", and being an experienced coach, he is bound to choose the best.
    A dozen "suitors" exciting!

I started a new thread about this topic.