Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: 2010-11 JGP & SGP - Locations & Dates!

  1. #1
    Custom Title skatemom1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    504

    2010-11 JGP & SGP - Locations & Dates!

    Yes, it is **very** early, but I have stumbled upon this!

    SGP dates & locations (except USA) TBD:

    GP #1: October 22-24 - NHK Trophy, Japan
    GP #2: October 29-31 - Skate Canada, Canada
    GP #3: November 5-7 - Cup of China, China
    GP #4: November 12-14 - Skate America, Portland, Oregon, USA
    GP #5: November 19-21 - Cup of Russia, Russia
    GP #6: November 26-28 - Trophee Eric Bompard Cachemire, France


    JGP dates & locations:

    JGP #1: August 25-28 - Courchevel, France
    JGP #2: September 8-12 - Brasov, Romania
    JGP #3: September 15-19 - Graz, Austria
    JGP #4: September 22-26 - Karuizawa, Japan
    JGP #5: September 29-October 3 - Sheffield, Great Britain
    JGP #6: October 6-10 - Dresden, Germany
    JGP #7: October 13-17 - Ostrava, Czech Republic

    JGP & SGP FINAL: December 9-12 - Beijing, China

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,957
    Only 7 JGP events? I thought there were always 8? And wow, TEB is so late! Isn't that usually the first competition of the season?

  3. #3
    Custom Title skatemom1122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    504
    Yes, only 7 JGPs. This format took effect for the first time in the 09-10 season. Also, yes, TEB went from being first to last on the GP. SA always used to be first and now its in the middle..I do not know how they are arranging them anymore!

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    JGP #2: September 8-12 - Brasov, Romania???

    Now that is a surprise for me, I am born in Romania and when I left in 1994, there was no rink in that city, for sure. i will research it a bit , because I am curious how they were able to invest in such facility, when worldwide rinks are actually closing, in a country with no tradition in winter sports, especially hockey and skating.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    JGP #2: September 8-12 - Brasov, Romania???

    Now that is a surprise for me, I am born in Romania and when I left in 1994, there was no rink in that city, for sure. i will research it a bit , because I am curious how they were able to invest in such facility, when worldwide rinks are actually closing, in a country with no tradition in winter sports, especially hockey and skating.
    Oh no way, I'm Romanian too! But yeah, figure skating is not popular there, but gymnastics certainly is! They have the prettiest gymnasts at the Olympics, they don't look like men

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Yes, it is **very** early, but I have stumbled upon this!

    SGP dates & locations (except USA) TBD:

    GP #1: October 22-24 - NHK Trophy, Japan
    GP #2: October 29-31 - Skate Canada, Canada
    GP #3: November 5-7 - Cup of China, China
    GP #4: November 12-14 - Skate America, Portland, Oregon, USA
    GP #5: November 19-21 - Cup of Russia, Russia
    GP #6: November 26-28 - Trophee Eric Bompard Cachemire, France


    JGP dates & locations:

    JGP #1: August 25-28 - Courchevel, France
    JGP #2: September 8-12 - Brasov, Romania
    JGP #3: September 15-19 - Graz, Austria
    JGP #4: September 22-26 - Karuizawa, Japan
    JGP #5: September 29-October 3 - Sheffield, Great Britain
    JGP #6: October 6-10 - Dresden, Germany
    JGP #7: October 13-17 - Ostrava, Czech Republic

    JGP & SGP FINAL: December 9-12 - Beijing, China
    I feel like it would be useful to list your source. Not only for credibility, but also for future reference.

  7. #7
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Yes, it is **very** early, but I have stumbled upon this!

    SGP dates & locations (except USA) TBD:

    GP #1: October 22-24 - NHK Trophy, Japan
    GP #2: October 29-31 - Skate Canada, Canada
    GP #3: November 5-7 - Cup of China, China
    GP #4: November 12-14 - Skate America, Portland, Oregon, USA
    GP #5: November 19-21 - Cup of Russia, Russia
    GP #6: November 26-28 - Trophee Eric Bompard Cachemire, France


    JGP dates & locations:

    JGP #1: August 25-28 - Courchevel, France
    JGP #2: September 8-12 - Brasov, Romania
    JGP #3: September 15-19 - Graz, Austria
    JGP #4: September 22-26 - Karuizawa, Japan
    JGP #5: September 29-October 3 - Sheffield, Great Britain
    JGP #6: October 6-10 - Dresden, Germany
    JGP #7: October 13-17 - Ostrava, Czech Republic

    JGP & SGP FINAL: December 9-12 - Beijing, China
    The Junior Grand Prix is total EUROPE, except for FinaL.
    The Senior Grand Prix, I would think is now an annual rotating venue of 6 supers.

    What would be nice to know is how the drawings go for slots after the autmatic fill ups are done.
    Also how long can a TBA be listed before a substitute can be appointed?

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    I feel like it would be useful to list your source. Not only for credibility, but also for future reference.
    This information appears to be from the ISU site (calendar).

    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    The Junior Grand Prix is total EUROPE, except for FinaL.
    JGP #4 is in Japan.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,041
    Joe, I didn't know Japan was in Europe

    It's a shame that there is no JGP in the Americas, but I'd assume that none of the federations were willing to host one.

  10. #10
    Custom Title pista04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    306
    I am not a fan of this continually shifting GP order...I still miss opening with Skate America and Canada, TEB being right in the middle, and NHK at the end. I started getting used to Skate America and Canada at the end, with TEB first, but...Idk if I like this shfting order at all...

  11. #11
    Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,025
    I really like the fact that they shift around the order every year; give so that each host take turns being too close to the GPF

    The SGP seems to be
    Asia
    North America
    Asia
    North America
    Asia(russia might as well be)
    Europe
    Asia
    Last edited by enlight78; 03-21-2010 at 08:54 PM.

  12. #12
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Joe, I didn't know Japan was in Europe

    It's a shame that there is no JGP in the Americas, but I'd assume that none of the federations were willing to host one.
    Karuizawa is in Japan. The old mind doesnt work all the time.

    I guess it's the countries which put in a bid for it. South Africa had it last year and Mexico has had it before.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    JGP dates & locations:

    JGP #1: August 25-28 - Courchevel, France
    JGP #2: September 8-12 - Brasov, Romania
    JGP #3: September 15-19 - Graz, Austria
    JGP #4: September 22-26 - Karuizawa, Japan
    JGP #5: September 29-October 3 - Sheffield, Great Britain
    JGP #6: October 6-10 - Dresden, Germany
    JGP #7: October 13-17 - Ostrava, Czech Republic
    According to ISU Communication No. 1596, the 4 pairs events will be held in Graz, Sheffield, Dresden and Ostrava.

    North America usually rotates a JGP among the U.S. (Lake Placid this season & in 2007), Mexico (2008 & 2006) and Canada, but Canada hasn't hosted a JGP since Montreal in 2005.

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    604
    Press room rumor at worlds is that 2010 Skate Canada will be in Halifax. Not official yet.

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by pista04 View Post
    I am not a fan of this continually shifting GP order...I still miss opening with Skate America and Canada, TEB being right in the middle, and NHK at the end. I started getting used to Skate America and Canada at the end, with TEB first, but...Idk if I like this shfting order at all...
    Me either. Didn't they reverse the order this year? Now Skate Canada is back in 2nd spot and Skate America at the end...? Weird.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •