Which of the Top Ladies of Today, Get to you emotionally? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Which of the Top Ladies of Today, Get to you emotionally?

But who in competitive sports can overwhelm you? In baseball, a home run with bases loaded, is that same satisfaction of having seen total baseball. But there is music in figure skating, and it plays an important role in competition.

ryoko

Rinkside
Yes, but does she make you nervous when she skates...would feel sad if she messed up and did not win. Does she make you feel anything other than admiration of her talent?

For me, she does. She didn't win 2008 world but both her lp (miss saigon) and her gala made me cry. You may not think she is emotionally touching, but there are plenty of others who favor yuna not because of her techniques but because of her artistry. She is so much beyond all that jumps and spins. Watch her 2008 GPF gala, gold. There she lost to mao but her gala completely won me over . Just take a look at how she delivers her feelings during ina bauer or final spin. Some people think she is cold and robotic just because she isn't jumping up and down with joy like junior skaters. She has different emotional quality- one that's more subtle and delicate. Both michelle kwan and yuna touch me- but in different ways. Watching michelle l feel genuinely happy but wathing yuna gives me mixed feelings- kind of heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time.

psychotropek

Rinkside
This year, Akiko's joy made me feel the most connected to a skater. However, the ladies' discipline is the hardest for me to connect with somehow- it feels a bit less powerful to me.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This season, Joannie (actually I've been pulling for her for a long time).

In previous seasons - Irina, when she came back after her serious health problems, placed in the top 10 at Worlds (what year was that - 2004?), and then won it the following year?

Michelle - anytime she has skated to "East of Eden."

Midori Ito (1998 and 1992 free skates, and in her 1992 "Rain" exhibition)