Volosozhar's new skating partner? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Volosozhar's new skating partner?

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I am a big fan of M/T, I think in the last 3/4 yrs all there short programmes have been superb but they have gone on to let themselves down in the long (apart from this year). I think this year they have been very much the Russian No. 2's, I am really disappointed how they have been marked in this years worlds. I would also have had them a bit higher in Vancouer but not the podium.

While I like both of them I think Trankov is the stronger skater. He is much more secure on the jumps, the olympic short was a rarity for him. Maria struggles with the jumps, she was more secure this year when the 3S was changed for the double axel. I always felt in their partnership that Trankov and Maxim did not really get on, everytime M/T took to the ice OV was always talking to/supporting/encouraging Maria while Max skated round in the distance.

It's been reported on some of the Russian websites that they have split and are quoting Maxim saying he would like to skate with Tatiana V. I think they have the potential to be a world beating couple, hopefully if its true they can realise their potential.

It's kinda funny that Ukraine has given us Tatiana and Aliona (also Julia Obertas), not a bad contribution to the world of pairs skating

oleada

Record Breaker
Voloshozar is not polished, not elegant. She's like Caydee Denney. Whoever she partners up with will suffer in term of PCS. Smirnov would be stupid to switch partner as they're going up and up in the judges' mind. They've been improving from year to year.
Mukhortova and Trankov hit a plateau for the past 2 years. I don't see them going anywhere but down. Trankov, even with a switch, will not do any better than Trankov with Mukhortova. He's the weaker of the two. He can't suddenly become stronger by switching partner.

Do you even watch skating? Because you could not be more wrong! Tatiana V. is definitely elegant and polished. Caydee Denney can only dream of having Tatiana's positions! Additionally, she's got a very consistent 3T and has landed the 3S fairly often. I think a lot of male pair skaters would kill for a chance to skate with her. She's a star. She could have had a much better partner all these years, but stuck with Morozov because he is her boyfriend and an all-around wonderful guy off ice.

Trankov is more expressive than Mukhortova, and more consistent. I think he and Tatiana's style would mesh very well.

riardo

Rinkside
I am new here and can not really start a new thread BUT
Today Russian media reported that Mukhortova/Trankov officially announced split. Trankov will be trying with Volosazhar in coming weeks and their fate will be decided. The name of the coach is not known yet but reportedly it's either Pavlova or Moskvina.

Bonsai

Rinkside
What Pairs have Pavlova coached in the past? Any notable pairs?
I have to admit I never heard of her before *blush*, so any info whould be appreciated.
I have been a fan of V/M (well Tatiana really;)) for a while, so I really hope she can find a partner with whom she will be able reach her potential :).

bekalc

Record Breaker
Do you even watch skating? Because you could not be more wrong! Tatiana V. is definitely elegant and polished. Caydee Denney can only dream of having Tatiana's positions! Additionally, she's got a very consistent 3T and has landed the 3S fairly often. I think a lot of male pair skaters would kill for a chance to skate with her. She's a star. She could have had a much better partner all these years, but stuck with Morozov because he is her boyfriend and an all-around wonderful guy off ice.

Oh I know. In her dreams would Caydee be like Tatiana V. I'm so happy about this possiblity. Who knows if they will mesh well but I have high hopes. Talent wise this team could be just through the roof good.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Tatiana V is not polished or elegant. :laugh: And she is like Denny? :laugh::laugh: Flattfan. Are you watching the same person I am? Are you sure that your not thinking of Tatiana's current partner. I seem to recall Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezik saying quite different things about Tatiana in the short program at the Olympics. I'm recalling phrases like she is stunning. Just like tons of other comments about Tatiana V. Tatiana V and Aliona S are by far the best two female pairs skaters in the world.

As for Trankov, he absolutely is stronger than Maria. Maria is not a strong jumper. And Trankov is a very strong jumper who even lands 3/3s in practice. The fall in the Olympic short was a fluke by someone who never normally misses his side by side triples. He's also very balletic, artistic, and expressive. He's more expressive than Maria. Many feel he's the best males pair skater around.

Urgh, Trankov fell in the Olympics, which is THE event he should not make a mistake. Sorry, but that just showed he's not capable of bringing it. Doesn't matter how many times you landed the jumps in practice.
Many who? Who felt/feels Trankov is the best? If those who matter did, i.e. the Russian fed, they would have broken up the pair and found Trankov another partner. Trankov doesn't like Maria that much to refuse to work with anyone else but her.
Tatiana is not polished. She looks a bit trashy and yes, I'm watching the same person. Who said Tatiana and Aliona are by far the best two female pairs skaters in the world? When and where did they say it? German newspaper?

oleada

Record Breaker
Tatiana, trashy? unpolished? This is hilarious! :laugh: Any skating commentator or expert will beg to differ. She's exquisite.

Maria and Maxim would have broken up anyway, Tatiana or not. He's a wonderful skater. He hadn't missed a jump all season until the Olympics. Best is debateable, but he is an excellent partner. Very balletic and expressive and relatively consistent.

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Tatiana, trashy? unpolished? This is hilarious! Any skating commentator or expert will beg to differ. She's exquisite.

Maria and Maxim would have broken up anyway, Tatiana or not. He's a wonderful skater. He hadn't missed a jump all season until the Olympics. Best is debateable, but he is an excellent partner. Very balletic and expressive and relatively consistent.

I wonder if she's talking about Tatiana's hair. Tatiana is an exquisite skater. Beautiful lines, posture, and skating skills.. Her back posture is just devine.

Who said Tatiana and Aliona are by far the best two female pairs skaters in the world? When and where did they say it? German newspaper?

Basically anyone who knows anything about pairs skating would say that. Why do you think the German federation moved such mountains to make darn sure Aliona got citizenship quickly? Why do you think people have been trying to get Tatiana to leave Stansilav for years.:rolleye: And why do you think Maxim would say that current president of the Russian federation admires Tatiana.

Last edited:

Sus

Rinkside
Wow.. I really hope that things work out with the future pair. I believe that both of them are, if not the best in their categories, close enough. Can't help but feel sorry for Maria, I hope she will stick around with somebody else.

riardo

Rinkside
So the latest news is that Nikolai Morozov will be the coach for Volosazhar/Trankov team.

mousepotato

On the Ice
So the latest news is that Nikolai Morozov will be the coach for Volosazhar/Trankov team.

Does he coach pairs or does he mostly focus on singles and dancers?

I wish Tatianna would find a better partner than Maxim, if that's who she has decided on. He has a real attitude problem he doesn't try to get better he just blames everyone else but himself. That could hurt them as pair, she seems very shortsighted with finding a partner. I wish them both luck...I think she will need it.

Part of me hopes Maria searches far and wide for a great partner. I think she is great and her doing very well with another partner would prove she isn't as weak as he thought. After all, she didn't fall in the SP in Vancouver.

Antilles

Medalist
Won't they have to sit out of all events for a year and the majors for two years, or did that rule change? That's a long time to be away from competition. I take it they would compete for Russia?

oleada

Record Breaker
They only have to sit out a year. Since Tatiana didn't compete at Worlds, they could theoretically make their international debut at 2011 Worlds.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:disapp: Morozov. Heaven help us.

Is this really news, or rumor?

I was very afraid that he was set to become the next supposed coaching svengali in Russia when he was talking so possessively about the young Russian talent in those interviews he gave ( was it in Japan ?) earlier this year.

It's not so difficult to build a coaching reputation when you start out with top talent as a result of having been Tarasova's assistant.The skaters' talent makes him look good, not the other way around. Very little of his choreography stands careful scrutiny and none of his skater's costumes .
The Emperor has no clothes , and I think he's a bit of a despot to boot.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I wish Tatianna would find a better partner than Maxim, if that's who she has decided on. He has a real attitude problem he doesn't try to get better he just blames everyone else but himself. That could hurt them as pair, she seems very shortsighted with finding a partner. I wish them both luck...I think she will need it.

Part of me hopes Maria searches far and wide for a great partner. I think she is great and her doing very well with another partner would prove she isn't as weak as he thought. After all, she didn't fall in the SP in Vancouver.

Maxim does have an attitude problem, but it would be difficult for Tatiana to find a partner who is better than Maxim. The thing is too, that for all of Maxim's attitude issues, I got the impression from his interview at Worlds, that he absolutely blamed himself for their Olympic failings-and not Maria.

Maria and Maxim have never had a good working relationship. And from what I gather both are at fault, Maria isn't called Moody Maria for nothing. Add in the fact that Oleg and Maria are dating and Oleg/Maxim don't get along. There were reports for example that Maxim did not want to skate to Love Story, that was what Maria wanted.

But even if Maxim/Maria had the best relationship ever, that doesn't mean he should be tied to her. This is his skating career, something he's worked to for all of his life. The thing is that while Maria has her good qualities, she really isn't as strong as Tatiana. Her jumping technique isn't as good (and Maria's jumps weren't perfect at the Olympics either, or worlds) And Maria can't really handle very difficult choregraphy.

Given all of this, why should Maxim stick with a partner, he doesn't even personally like? When he could instead work with someone who is a better skater?

Last edited: