Volosozhar's new skating partner? | Golden Skate

Volosozhar's new skating partner?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I recently reviewed the pairs at olympics. After V/M's really good FS it was clear that this was their last competition together. They looked very happy (both of them) and relieved(him :laugh: ) Kisses & no cries! Congrats to Tatiana and Stanislav with 8th place. I like their "Pearl Harbor" program and I think this was one of their best FS-performances :thumbsup:

Stanislav has often been complained about as being bad for Tatiana. I think he is one of the best at lifts and throws, though. Exciting to see if Tatiana finds a new partner as good as Stanislav, who can do the other difficulties well too.

Good luck to both with their future carriers. Maybe Steuer has a job for Stanislav ;), he is a sports instructor after all. Let him teach Tatiana and her new partner to do lifts, twists and throws with the same hight and timing as Tatiana and he did :rock:

Now I am curious who will be Tatiana's new skating partner. Steuer talks a little about it here.
Steuer is already searching for a new partner (not a German, clearly), to prepare his new pair with a view to Sochi 2014. Steuer found a dozen "suitors", and being an experienced coach, he is bound to choose the best.

lavender

Record Breaker
I'm a Tatiana fan but not Stanislav so much...sorry. He's very strong but to me he didn't really match her emotionally maybe. I don't know what it is. He just always had this blank look on his face but he seems like such a nice guy so I wish I did like him...on ice.

euroskate

Final Flight
The commentator on Eurosport (watching Worlds Pairs Free) said that Volosozar is going to compeet with Maxim Trankow next season.
I was very suprised. What is Maria going to to? Aren´t they a pair in real live?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
The commentator on Eurosport (watching Worlds Pairs Free) said that Volosozar is going to compeet with Maxim Trankow next season.
I was very suprised. What is Maria going to to? Aren´t they a pair in real live?

Where does the rumor come from that Trankov is V's new partner? At least they have to try out first, right? Is it a fact that T and M are separating as skaters? If so, wonder if M is teaming up with another partner.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I watched pairs short in Sweden's television through computer and I got the image from the pari T/M someone is retiring. But I am not sure if understood right, I can talk and understand Swedish quite well, but Sweden-swedish is sometimes hard to understand. The commentator said something like this in swedish "very last competition" but I was not sure if he mentioned them, one of them or someone else. I imagined I heard "her", but I did not quite get it. But, I have heard nobody else say anything, not a single word, about it.

isask8

Spectator

The eurosport commentators here said that there are rumors of Smirnov being Volosozhar's new partner. But I think they made up that rumor themselves...

Ivana

On the Ice
No, they are not.

Not to go into rumors only.... There was an interview with Sergei Bubka, where he mentioned that Tatiana might skate for Russia. That's where the rumor with Trankov started. Trankov himself stated, that Tatiana is said to be skating with some Canadian guy.

As for the rumors, I've heard Maxim Trankov, Maximin Coia, Eric Radford and Bryce Davison mentioned. There was apparently already try out with Trankov. But only time will tell if any of those rumors are true.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Smirnov + Volosozhar will not be more successful than Smirnov + kavaguti. They are 2 times worlds medalists. A switch will bring them down to the penultimate group.
Trankov + Volosozhar will probably be as good as Trankov + Mukhortova. Can Trankov throw Volosozhar without falling? ;) She seems pretty big.

Big Deal

Final Flight
I think that, Voloshozar- Smirnov would be a hardly beatable pair for the next few years. Kavaguti-Smirnov could not win even with the
biggest political help. They does NOT march to each other in any way.

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
I'm happy with Voloshozar-Smironov combo. Poor Kavaguti!

I don't think this is going to happen though. Smironov seems to worship Kavaguti as his queen.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't see Smirnov abandoning Kavaguti when she just got Russian citizenship and they win World medals. Who's to really say that Smirnov and Volosozhar would be better than Smirnov and Kavaguti? Volosozhar's never won a World medal. She can't be skating with Eric Radford because he's skating with Meaghan Duhamel. I don't really think Bryce would dump Jessica like that, haven't heard anything about it. Mukhortova must be pissed though if she's being dumped for Volosozhar, but that's more believable since I heard Mukhortova and Trankov don't get along at all.

Big Deal

Final Flight
How to win a World medal to poor Vol. with Morozov, e
who never been able to execute a clean program , and what he did was charming, but in a way a little bear is lovable and charming.
Smirnov has more skating skills by far, an elegant skater and he has now a 28 yrs. old partner, with whom he never will be able to create a great pair (even if they gonna win sometimes). If I m talking about Mukhortova-Trankov I find HIM the weak link out of them....
If Smirnov is tall enough to Volosozhar, they will create not just a good, but very possibly a GREAT pair, what Russian Federation desperately needs now.
Don t have any illusion what the Russians will do to Kavaguti, if their interest asks for it.....

Instead of 2 questionable pair (ala Mukhortova-Trankov, Kavaguti-Smirnov) they HAVE to choose a pair, who can win. Don t forget the big political trouble caused by the results of the pair skating in Russia this year. Even the politically strong Irina Rodnina made an announcement that Smirnov needs to have a better partner to win Russian golds.

If they create a Volosozhar-Trankov pair, what about a Mukhortova-Smirnov one ???? Does not sound bad either.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Voloshozar is not polished, not elegant. She's like Caydee Denney. Whoever she partners up with will suffer in term of PCS. Smirnov would be stupid to switch partner as they're going up and up in the judges' mind. They've been improving from year to year.
Mukhortova and Trankov hit a plateau for the past 2 years. I don't see them going anywhere but down. Trankov, even with a switch, will not do any better than Trankov with Mukhortova. He's the weaker of the two. He can't suddenly become stronger by switching partner.

K/S can beat everyone with a clean program regardless of how others do. They have the PCS and the quad Salchow and Tamara Moskvina.
M/T capitalize on others' mistakes.

With all this talk about Pairs, I find the Russian Pairs Team to be coached by Moskvina as the most successful. Does it matter if someone else is coaching?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Voloshozar is not polished, not elegant. She's like Caydee Denney. Whoever she partners up with will suffer in term of PCS. Smirnov would be stupid to switch partner as they're going up and up in the judges' mind. They've been improving from year to year.
Mukhortova and Trankov hit a plateau for the past 2 years. I don't see them going anywhere but down. Trankov, even with a switch, will not do any better than Trankov with Mukhortova. He's the weaker of the two. He can't suddenly become stronger by switching partner.

K/S can beat everyone with a clean program regardless of how others do. They have the PCS and the quad Salchow and Tamara Moskvina.

Yeah, EXACTLY, I agree with everything you said.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
With all this talk about Pairs, I find the Russian Pairs Team to be coached by Moskvina as the most successful. Does it matter if someone else is coaching?
Joe, this is at least in part a chicken-and-egg thing - sure, Moskvina is a great coach but she has the pick of the litter when it comes to chosing her students. Take M&T - they did actually work with her, but she parted ways with them because she wasn't going to put up with their childish bickering (whatever else can be said of Vasiliev, himself Moskvina's student - while he didn't make M&T realtionship really right, he did force them to grow up some).

Under USSR, there were always two main schools of pair skating - Leningrad school, examplified by the elegance of the Protopopovs and later the artistry of Dmitriev; and Moscow school examplified by high technical content of Rodnina. While I always favored the former, it was great for the sport to have both schools in much the same way it benefits the sport to have it develop in many different countries. Unfortunately, Moscow school is almost completely gone, thogh Natalia Pavlova has now moved there (so Ilushechkina & Maisuradze train in Moscow with her), but I'm not sure she is strong enough to effect a true Renaisance there; then agani, Nina Mozer has had some good teams theer as well (Novik & Kuznetsov). Most pair skaters are in St. Petersburg, with a some resurgence in Perm school (Bazarova and Larionov hail from there).

Wicked

Final Flight
I really cannot see Volosozhar with Bryce Davison AT ALL. Maybe Smirnov. But I like him with Yuko. I don't want them to split up.

Fae

Rinkside
In a hypothetical situation, I could totally see Volosozhar pairing up with Hao Zhang. This team would be awesome. He'd be like Morosov but with added skills!!

It would also never happen but still....

bekalc

Record Breaker

Tatiana V is not polished or elegant. :laugh: And she is like Denny? :laugh::laugh: Flattfan. Are you watching the same person I am? Are you sure that your not thinking of Tatiana's current partner. I seem to recall Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezik saying quite different things about Tatiana in the short program at the Olympics. I'm recalling phrases like she is stunning. Just like tons of other comments about Tatiana V. Tatiana V and Aliona S are by far the best two female pairs skaters in the world.

As for Trankov, he absolutely is stronger than Maria. Maria is not a strong jumper. And Trankov is a very strong jumper who even lands 3/3s in practice. The fall in the Olympic short was a fluke by someone who never normally misses his side by side triples. He's also very balletic, artistic, and expressive. He's more expressive than Maria. Many feel he's the best males pair skater around.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tatiana V is not polished or elegant. :laugh: And she is like Denny? :laugh::laugh: Flattfan. Are you watching the same person I am? Are you sure that your not thinking of Tatiana's current partner. I seem to recall Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezik saying quite different things about Tatiana in the short program at the Olympics. I'm recalling phrases like she is stunning. Just like tons of other comments about Tatiana V. Tatiana V and Aliona S are by far the best two female pairs skaters in the world.

As for Trankov, he absolutely is stronger than Maria. Maria is not a strong jumper. And Trankov is a very strong jumper who even lands 3/3s in practice. The fall in the Olympic short was a fluke by someone who never normally misses his side by side triples. He's also very balletic, artistic, and expressive. He's more expressive than Maria. Many feel he's the best males pair skater around.

I'm really torn about the possibility of a V/T matchup because I love Masha & Max together (they're both so gorgeous), but also am intrigued over the idea of Tat & Max together. I just wish Masha was more consistent on the jumps because I so badly wish to see she and Max succeed more together! I'd :love: a pairs world where Aliona & Robin and Masha & Max dominated every team out there and won all the titles, being #1 and #2 in the world!