Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Volosozhar's new skating partner?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Tatiana V is not polished or elegant. And she is like Denny? Flattfan. Are you watching the same person I am? Are you sure that your not thinking of Tatiana's current partner. I seem to recall Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezik saying quite different things about Tatiana in the short program at the Olympics. I'm recalling phrases like she is stunning. Just like tons of other comments about Tatiana V. Tatiana V and Aliona S are by far the best two female pairs skaters in the world.

As for Trankov, he absolutely is stronger than Maria. Maria is not a strong jumper. And Trankov is a very strong jumper who even lands 3/3s in practice. The fall in the Olympic short was a fluke by someone who never normally misses his side by side triples. He's also very balletic, artistic, and expressive. He's more expressive than Maria. Many feel he's the best males pair skater around.
    Urgh, Trankov fell in the Olympics, which is THE event he should not make a mistake. Sorry, but that just showed he's not capable of bringing it. Doesn't matter how many times you landed the jumps in practice.
    Many who? Who felt/feels Trankov is the best? If those who matter did, i.e. the Russian fed, they would have broken up the pair and found Trankov another partner. Trankov doesn't like Maria that much to refuse to work with anyone else but her.
    Tatiana is not polished. She looks a bit trashy and yes, I'm watching the same person. Who said Tatiana and Aliona are by far the best two female pairs skaters in the world? When and where did they say it? German newspaper?

Custom Title
    Tatiana, trashy? unpolished? This is hilarious! Any skating commentator or expert will beg to differ. She's exquisite.

Maria and Maxim would have broken up anyway, Tatiana or not. He's a wonderful skater. He hadn't missed a jump all season until the Olympics. Best is debateable, but he is an excellent partner. Very balletic and expressive and relatively consistent.
    Last edited by oleada; 03-28-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Tatiana, trashy? unpolished? This is hilarious! Any skating commentator or expert will beg to differ. She's exquisite.

Maria and Maxim would have broken up anyway, Tatiana or not. He's a wonderful skater. He hadn't missed a jump all season until the Olympics. Best is debateable, but he is an excellent partner. Very balletic and expressive and relatively consistent.
    I wonder if she's talking about Tatiana's hair. Tatiana is an exquisite skater. Beautiful lines, posture, and skating skills.. Her back posture is just devine.

Who said Tatiana and Aliona are by far the best two female pairs skaters in the world? When and where did they say it? German newspaper?
    Basically anyone who knows anything about pairs skating would say that. Why do you think the German federation moved such mountains to make darn sure Aliona got citizenship quickly? Why do you think people have been trying to get Tatiana to leave Stansilav for years. And why do you think Maxim would say that current president of the Russian federation admires Tatiana.
    Last edited by bekalc; 03-28-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Wow.. I really hope that things work out with the future pair. I believe that both of them are, if not the best in their categories, close enough. Can't help but feel sorry for Maria, I hope she will stick around with somebody else.

Rinkside
    So the latest news is that Nikolai Morozov will be the coach for Volosazhar/Trankov team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by riardo View Post
    So the latest news is that Nikolai Morozov will be the coach for Volosazhar/Trankov team.

Does he coach pairs or does he mostly focus on singles and dancers?

I wish Tatianna would find a better partner than Maxim, if that's who she has decided on. He has a real attitude problem he doesn't try to get better he just blames everyone else but himself. That could hurt them as pair, she seems very shortsighted with finding a partner. I wish them both luck...I think she will need it.

Part of me hopes Maria searches far and wide for a great partner. I think she is great and her doing very well with another partner would prove she isn't as weak as he thought. After all, she didn't fall in the SP in Vancouver.

Rogue Leader
    Won't they have to sit out of all events for a year and the majors for two years, or did that rule change? That's a long time to be away from competition. I take it they would compete for Russia?

Custom Title
    They only have to sit out a year. Since Tatiana didn't compete at Worlds, they could theoretically make their international debut at 2011 Worlds.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Morozov. Heaven help us.

Is this really news, or rumor?

I was very afraid that he was set to become the next supposed coaching svengali in Russia when he was talking so possessively about the young Russian talent in those interviews he gave ( was it in Japan ?) earlier this year.

It's not so difficult to build a coaching reputation when you start out with top talent as a result of having been Tarasova's assistant.The skaters' talent makes him look good, not the other way around. Very little of his choreography stands careful scrutiny and none of his skater's costumes .
    The Emperor has no clothes , and I think he's a bit of a despot to boot.

I wish Tatianna would find a better partner than Maxim, if that's who she has decided on. He has a real attitude problem he doesn't try to get better he just blames everyone else but himself. That could hurt them as pair, she seems very shortsighted with finding a partner. I wish them both luck...I think she will need it.

Part of me hopes Maria searches far and wide for a great partner. I think she is great and her doing very well with another partner would prove she isn't as weak as he thought. After all, she didn't fall in the SP in Vancouver.
    Maxim does have an attitude problem, but it would be difficult for Tatiana to find a partner who is better than Maxim. The thing is too, that for all of Maxim's attitude issues, I got the impression from his interview at Worlds, that he absolutely blamed himself for their Olympic failings-and not Maria.

Maria and Maxim have never had a good working relationship. And from what I gather both are at fault, Maria isn't called Moody Maria for nothing. Add in the fact that Oleg and Maria are dating and Oleg/Maxim don't get along. There were reports for example that Maxim did not want to skate to Love Story, that was what Maria wanted.

But even if Maxim/Maria had the best relationship ever, that doesn't mean he should be tied to her. This is his skating career, something he's worked to for all of his life. The thing is that while Maria has her good qualities, she really isn't as strong as Tatiana. Her jumping technique isn't as good (and Maria's jumps weren't perfect at the Olympics either, or worlds) And Maria can't really handle very difficult choregraphy.

Given all of this, why should Maxim stick with a partner, he doesn't even personally like? When he could instead work with someone who is a better skater?
    Last edited by bekalc; 03-28-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Custom Title
    I predict this new pair will finish lower than 6 next season. They are about as engaging as the Zhangs without the technical skill to back it up. The new Russian pair will also overtake them. Trankov is the best male pair skater? LOL. The legend began one slow afternoon, Mrs. Trankov had a few vodka, lit up a ciggy, drew a few puffs, and told a waried ragamuffin she found on a rink set up at the local county fair. "Trankov is the best male pair skater," said Mrs. Trankov. "He needs a partner and here's 50 rubles" The ragamuffin thought for a minute. From the corner of her eyes, she took it all in. The rink surface was not much better than the pond in the back of her tiny cottage she shared with her family. The paint was chipping off. Her blades were blunt. The blades felt funny since last spring. The shoes smelled funny a few moons back. New shoes, she thought. 50 rubles is a lot of rubles. She could finally get that faux lashes she'd been eyeing at Moskovsky's. And vodka for dad. A new pin for mom. And a chance to visit Leningrad. The ragamuffin timidly said, "spasib-OK" Began the partnership of the #2 team in Russia.
    The heroine: Maria Mukhortova.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Is there any truth to the Trankov/ Mukhortova breakup rumour? It just seems strange to me that this team would break up after having the best season of their career!

On the Ice
    Well, for me it's strange too, but do you know anybody else to compeet with Volosozhar?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    Is there any truth to the Trankov/ Mukhortova breakup rumour? It just seems strange to me that this team would break up after having the best season of their career!
    No, it's true. Trankov confirmed it.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    No, it's true. Trankov confirmed it.
    Were the interviews all in Russian? I did try looking through google news, but there was nothing there to show that they were splitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eszterbeszti View Post
    Well, for me it's strange too, but do you know anybody else to compeet with Volosozhar?
    Actually, before the Volosozhar/Trankov rumors started appearing, a couple of us were mentioning Smirnov, since I, at least did not expect Kavaguti to continue skating after this season. I thought V/S would make a great pair.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast