Volosozhar's new skating partner? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Volosozhar's new skating partner?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
A reliable source informs that Tatiana Volosozhar is trying out with Niklas Hogner(former pair skater for Sweden together with Angelika Pylkina) They are currently practicing in an ice hall in southern Sweden.

The test skate will be held April 17th in Stockholm. If it fares well, the Swedish FS federation has promised to support them economically and help Tatiana to get a Swedish citizenship before Sochi 2014.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I hope Tatiana and Niklas partner up. It would be fun to see Trankov crawling back to Maria Mukhortova.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I don't know. Maybe she's trying out different people until Trankov and her are for sure a done deal. I have a hard time thinking Trankov isn't the frontrunner. Unless there really is a guy out there close to his level, who knows.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
As of yet, Volosozhar & Trankov haven't ever skated together, so it's all speculation. It may work - and it may not. I don't see Maxim going back to Maria - I think Trankov/ Mukhortova/ Vasiliev partnership just isn't working.

bekalc

Record Breaker
As of yet, Volosozhar & Trankov haven't ever skated together, so it's all speculation. It may work - and it may not. I don't see Maxim going back to Maria - I think Trankov/ Mukhortova/ Vasiliev partnership just isn't working.

Yeah. People are making Trankov out to be the bad guy (And yes he's difficult but so is Maria). But the fact is most people don't leave their partners when they are fourth in the world, and their rankings go up every year. For an unknown partner that they've never skated with. Even a partner as talented as Tatiana. Its pretty well known that Trankov was miserable training with Oleg and Maria, and well he really doesn't owe them his entire career. He is though going to have to act like an adult with his new partnership, if he wants it to work.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
>>and well he really doesn't owe them his entire career
Exactly! He did say that he went to Worlds essentially for the sake of Russia getting those 3 spots next year. He'll also honor his contract to skate in shows with Maria. Beyond that I don't see anything dishonorable in his actions.

pksandy

Spectator
I found this video on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNxxkOxAMg0&feature=related is a presentation of Masha and Maxim in the show kings of the ice and it broke my heart, to see Maria so affected after completing the program, I think she realized it was the last time she will skate next to Maxim, it's a shame that they had been separated, I hope that both Maria and Maxim do well with their new partner.
even that I'm excited with the union of Volosozhar with Maxim, I dislike that Maria has to go through the worst part, I just hope that Maxim has taken the best decision and that Maria finds a good partner for her.