Dance Compulsory (Golden Wlatz) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Dance Compulsory (Golden Wlatz)

Wicked

Final Flight
For those who watched on Universal Sports, did Tanith and Ben do commentary? If so, how were they?

piano18

Rinkside
just watched D/W and V/M back to back. NOt impressed with either dance. B/A and D/S should have competed here and show us how its done..

csparkles

Rinkside
I thought vanessa's dress was beautiful, I did not find either the skirt or the arm decoration distracting, just lovely accents to this beautifully skated dance. They had one of the best walk around sections in the event, not a scrap of snow coming up, which is more than you can say for some of the higher placed teams. Well done Canada!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:)To each his own . For me Vanessa's dress was merely OK ..but with just a little more thought , it could have been really good. I loved the colour on her, the pearlized sequins... but the cut of the skirt was just too much fabric for a small person . Capellini's skirt was a similar idea but much, much more flattering cut. I guess I just want C/P to look their absolute best, and I wonder who thinks she has to not only have all the flounces, but a bustle effect at the back. ( Not to mention the ruffles are arranged dead horizontal ...not helpful, if you're trying to match Paul's long lines.) The cut of the skirt made me think of a shower pouffe.

I always feel like whoever designs her costume just thinks of what looks good on the sketch pad without any care for what kind of body has to fit into it.

It must have cost a fair bit. So near and yet so far.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I think SC could've sent them to Worlds seeing as Nationals was so close.

I thought C&P were overscored today.

Why would Weaver and Poje have been sent to Worlds after Crone and Poirier had already skated at the Olympics?

In any event, it may work out to W&P's benefit that C&P have gone to Worlds since they are skating well so far and may be able to get a 3rd spot for next year. That should allow W&P to go next year.

herios

Medalist
It worked out 4 years ago. don't say it never does. C/P skated a lot better than I expected. Good job. They were not so great this season in the CD.
Weaver / Poje were twice at worlds. They don't need any favors, they should earn their spot if they want to go again.

beep_beep

Medalist
Finally got to watch some youtubes...

Don't you just hate when they don't show the skaters' feet on the CDs? They did that too much here...

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Still can't get over the fact that Virtue & Moir are now being introduced as Olympic champs! :) What a difference four years makes. I was so impressed by their waltz here. It was light, elegant, relaxed and yet perscise and fast at the same time. When I think back to how they skated this same CD four years ago, I can't believe how much of an improvement there has been. I adored Davis & White's CD as well, and I have to say that Meryl looked GORGEOUS in that dress. I'm so happy that these two teams are at the top where they belong. I want V/M to win, but I won't be heartbroken if they don't. Either of these two teams are definately worthy of being called world champs. Go North America! Heaven knows we've waited long enough.

hongligl

Final Flight
Love V/M. This is the first time that I really love a dance team. I liked D/S (Bulgaria) a lot, but their height difference and body types were not the best. V/M is such an adorable couple, their skating is pure, light but at the same time powerful, romantic and dramatic to the right point, everything they do is just perfect, no more, no less. I will really miss them if they retire after this World.
D/W are lovely and iis also a very strong team. I though they should have won over V/M last year but this olympic V/M have the upper hand. If both skate clean I think it should be V/M to win. I would be just as happy if D/W do better and get the title. They both deserve to win.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'd be hard pressed to say who did well and who poorly based on the really dreadful camera work I've seen so far.

hongligl

Final Flight
The camera work was terrible, there were occasions the camara was focusing on the thin air:), let alone numerous feet-feasts and beauty-shots , orl we need binoculars to see the skaters :)

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Ok, I just got home and Im watching the videos from the CD and I gotta join the complains about the camera guys. SOMEONE FIRE THEM NOW!!

They either make huge close ups to the skaters faces that I miss all the footwork or the other way round, long takes of only their feet and I miss their body lines and expressions. I feel like trying to solve a puzzle of the pattern they are skating..

colleen o'neill

Medalist
The camera work is ghastly..scares me for the OD. This is just as bad a s the Chinese camera guys who loved the overhead cam so much they used it on every spin. A-a-argh-h-h!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We're thankful to have Universal Sports, but I was disappointed that we didn't get to see Kim & Brent, the Kerrs, and Faeiilla & Scali's ODs. Oh, well. On to the ODs. I want to see more of the teams!