Dance Compulsory (Golden Wlatz) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dance Compulsory (Golden Wlatz)

Final Flight
i'm glad the judges aren't using the CD-lead trick. al though i did not see voir skate i think the judging is generally fair ...c/p in top ten! oh the glories o retirement...making room for people.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
So there's the race for Gold and the race for bronze. Just like everyone predicted. Crone and Poirier are poised to bring back three spots (ditto S/B, but that wasn't really in doubt).

Nevermind. F/S cracking 40 renders this comment incorrect. Italy also poised for three spots.

Wicked

Final Flight
D&W less than a point behind. Excellent! This should be a great competition.

apple123

On the Ice
have to say the only pair made me feel it being v/m, they are so light, full of spirits, nothing bothering you with the technique, and completely draw you into the dance.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Top 10 in TES and Top 10 in PCS. The overall results dont change much (this is Ice Dance after all), but I guess it should be worth listing :

Top Ten in TES :

1 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 22.22
2 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 22.00
3 Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI ITA 20.50
4 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA 18.80
5 Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI RUS 18.68
6 Sinead KERR / John KERR GBR 18.56
7 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER CAN 17.36
8 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 17.06
9 Emily SAMUELSON / Evan BATES USA 16.78
10 Alexandra ZARETSKY / Roman ZARETSKY ISR 16.72

Top Ten in PCS :

1 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN 21.91
2 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 21.25
3 Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI ITA 20.35
4 Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI RUS 19.02
5 Sinead KERR / John KERR GBR 19.00
6 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA 18.95
7 Alexandra ZARETSKY / Roman ZARETSKYISR 17.07
8 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 16.99
9 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER CAN 15.96
10 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEVRUS 15.85

P&B were only 6th in Pcs but 4th overall thanks to the TES score. And SamuelsonBates are still not liked much by the judges since they didnt make it to the top 10 in PCS.

Last edited:

sfgirl

On the Ice
I wonder who will get higher scores in the OD, D/W or V/M? Both programs are great.

Ravensque

On the Ice
Although it never seems to work out, I would love to see 3 spots for Canada for next year...........just so Weaver and Poje could get to go.

That Golden Waltz is much more than l,2,3 1,2,3. This waltz has 3turns every which way, mohawks, choctaws, attitude turns,dips while turning, and not just facing couples, but side by side waltzing also. I missed the rockers and counters, if there were any.

I would like to remind White that the Waltz, any waltz, is light and airee. It's not a fiery heavy dance, and it takes away from Davis. Even K/N did it light and their usual style is heavy.

I was very much impressed with the Ukrainian couple, also, of course, F/S (I could even consider them for 1st), and the Kerrs whose speed never lacked in those turning dips.

Cheers for Novarro/Bommentre for jumping in the competition at little notice to dance that wonderous waltz.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
The top 3 couples scored in the 40s! And I'm so glad to see Federica & Massimo in 3rd place!

:rock:

I'm pretty satisfied with the top 10!

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Just watched the CD live on Eurosport - very appropriate for it to be the Golden Waltz with Sergei Ponomarenko as the Assistant TS. Lots of comments, and an interview with Platov, that it will be the last CD ever at a big event for Seniors. I am truly sad and heartbroken if that's the case. :disapp: It's a great test of skating skill, quality of edges, timing, interpretation of rhythm, unison, and dance ability - no surprise the best 2 by far were the North Americans. I really loved D&W's Waltz timing, their dance looked like a Waltz most of all. Much better than their Tango Romantica in Vancouver. V&M were their superb serene selves - the best *couple* out there. I thought the Kerrs skated their best CD ever, and should've been ahead of K&N and the French - but it's very close. Ultimately the Italians will win Bronze anyway. I thought they were overscored with 40, and had a clumsy ending. It was noticeable how the scores went up for the last 2 groups - justified or not. There were some very good performances previously - N&B most notably.

Barbara Fusar-Poli did some nice interviews backstage with the couples.
Chris Howarth thinks D&W will win based on how it's gone all season pre-Vancouver. I doubt it myself. V&M are just better. It will be such a shame if the world is deprived of never seeing this amazing couple dance the Compulsories again. :cry:

herios

Medalist
Although it never seems to work out, I would love to see 3 spots for Canada for next year...........just so Weaver and Poje could get to go.

It worked out 4 years ago. don't say it never does. C/P skated a lot better than I expected. Good job. They were not so great this season in the CD.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom

I think SC could've sent them to Worlds seeing as Nationals was so close.

I thought C&P were overscored today.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Virtue and Moir did a great job! With Belbin and Agosto out, I'm rooting for them - and I think they'll win!

tangos

Rinkside
I think SC could've sent them to Worlds seeing as Nationals was so close.

I thought C&P were overscored today.

Not at all, in fact they should have been ahead of the Zars. If anything they have been undermarked all season!!!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
My only real objection is that K/N were marked too high...I thought that though they kept it light, it seemed quite waltzy , but it was pretty sloppy. What was that business with her feet hardly touching the ground? The Kerrs , on the other hand were neat , smooth, and while a little reserved, not stiff or anything. Hmmm... I don't quite know where I would have put K/N ...but quite a bit further down. I've been annoyed at the camera work because you don't get to see the full body through even one pattern (usually I'm cursing because they don't show enough close-ups of the feet..go figure)But at least you can see mistakes really clearly. Speed is fairly difficult to judge ,though , so all in all, I'm not sure I wouldn't have sandwiched K/N somewhere between 9-12. I certainly felt B/S looked more like a ballroom waltz. C/B were neater..S/B ,certainly better line...

:love:To Meryl's dress and Tessa's. Loved both waltzes but V/M were just a bit more floaty so I think the marks were very fair..