Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dance Compulsory (Golden Wlatz)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    Although it never seems to work out, I would love to see 3 spots for Canada for next year...........just so Weaver and Poje could get to go.
    It worked out 4 years ago. don't say it never does. C/P skated a lot better than I expected. Good job. They were not so great this season in the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensque View Post
    Although it never seems to work out, I would love to see 3 spots for Canada for next year...........just so Weaver and Poje could get to go.
    I think SC could've sent them to Worlds seeing as Nationals was so close.

I thought C&P were overscored today.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Virtue and Moir did a great job! With Belbin and Agosto out, I'm rooting for them - and I think they'll win!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by La Rhumba View Post

Not at all, in fact they should have been ahead of the Zars. If anything they have been undermarked all season!!!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    My only real objection is that K/N were marked too high...I thought that though they kept it light, it seemed quite waltzy , but it was pretty sloppy. What was that business with her feet hardly touching the ground? The Kerrs , on the other hand were neat , smooth, and while a little reserved, not stiff or anything. Hmmm... I don't quite know where I would have put K/N ...but quite a bit further down. I've been annoyed at the camera work because you don't get to see the full body through even one pattern (usually I'm cursing because they don't show enough close-ups of the feet..go figure)But at least you can see mistakes really clearly. Speed is fairly difficult to judge ,though , so all in all, I'm not sure I wouldn't have sandwiched K/N somewhere between 9-12. I certainly felt B/S looked more like a ballroom waltz. C/B were neater..S/B ,certainly better line...

To Meryl's dress and Tessa's. Loved both waltzes but V/M were just a bit more floaty so I think the marks were very fair..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tangos View Post
    Not at all, in fact they should have been ahead of the Zars. If anything they have been undermarked all season!!!
    I agree, this dance was their best CD I have seen them do all year long.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    For those who watched on Universal Sports, did Tanith and Ben do commentary? If so, how were they?

Medalist
    just watched D/W and V/M back to back. NOt impressed with either dance. B/A and D/S should have competed here and show us how its done..

Rinkside
    I thought vanessa's dress was beautiful, I did not find either the skirt or the arm decoration distracting, just lovely accents to this beautifully skated dance. They had one of the best walk around sections in the event, not a scrap of snow coming up, which is more than you can say for some of the higher placed teams. Well done Canada!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    To each his own . For me Vanessa's dress was merely OK ..but with just a little more thought , it could have been really good. I loved the colour on her, the pearlized sequins... but the cut of the skirt was just too much fabric for a small person . Capellini's skirt was a similar idea but much, much more flattering cut. I guess I just want C/P to look their absolute best, and I wonder who thinks she has to not only have all the flounces, but a bustle effect at the back. ( Not to mention the ruffles are arranged dead horizontal ...not helpful, if you're trying to match Paul's long lines.) The cut of the skirt made me think of a shower pouffe.

I always feel like whoever designs her costume just thinks of what looks good on the sketch pad without any care for what kind of body has to fit into it.

It must have cost a fair bit. So near and yet so far.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Hey folks! Looks like Universal Sports has the CD on-demand video online already! Yay!

http://www.universalsports.com/video...mpulsory+dance

Capellini's skirt was a similar idea but much, much more flattering cut.
    Her dress was gorgeous!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by La Rhumba View Post

Why would Weaver and Poje have been sent to Worlds after Crone and Poirier had already skated at the Olympics?

In any event, it may work out to W&P's benefit that C&P have gone to Worlds since they are skating well so far and may be able to get a 3rd spot for next year. That should allow W&P to go next year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    It worked out 4 years ago. don't say it never does. C/P skated a lot better than I expected. Good job. They were not so great this season in the CD.
    Weaver / Poje were twice at worlds. They don't need any favors, they should earn their spot if they want to go again.

Finally got to watch some youtubes...

Don't you just hate when they don't show the skaters' feet on the CDs? They did that too much here...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast