Men SP starting order | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Men SP starting order

silverlake22

Record Breaker
81.75 for Brezina, ahead of Abbott! Hmm.

Brezina's 3a is GORGEOUS. I'm actually ok that he's ahead of Jeremy, it's by like half a point anyways. Apparently he and Tomas Verner are friends? That's what the announcers were saying, I always thought Michal seemed stuck up and thought that Verner sucked but it's nice to hear that they are friends.

figuristka

Medalist
Iam alittle surprise Abbott is behind Brezina because of the strength of his program. Really happy how the top men skated today apart from oda having a disaster :/

apple123

On the Ice
Jemery's score should be higher imo, but considering he hasn't done that well internationally this season, it's alringt. there are still the long though.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Jemery's score should be higher imo, but considering he hasn't done that well internationally this season, it's alringt. there are still the long though.

I agree, I think Jeremy took a little bit of a hit in PCS because he skated early and has earned himself the reputation of headcase. Ten scored 77+, he skated very well, much better than at Jr. Worlds. Oda in 28th ouch. There's no way they can make an exception and let him skate in the LP right? Pavel didn't make the LP either, so hoping Michal stays in the top 10 after the FS.

apple123

On the Ice
really feel for oda. never saw some1 poped all his jumps. thought he might give up. bravo for him to finish it.

lavender

Record Breaker
I agree that Jeremy should be a tad higher. Love Brezina..great up and comer to the throne but on the basis of Jeremy's program, Jeremy should be higher than Brezina even if he was tentative.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I think that judges gave him low PCS because of his last few showings internationally of this SP. (His SB with this program, at 83, was back at the NHK Trophy in November.

Combine that with an early start draw and Jeremy being a little tenative, I think all that was reflective in the scores.

His LP actually has WAY better reception since he's done better with it. (He didn't do well with it NHK, but he won Skate Canada with it; moved up a spot with a 2nd place FS with a SB at GPF and moved up SIX spaces in the Olympics despite a somewhat tenative attempt.) So as I said earlier, if he skates clean (especially with that awesome 3 jump combo) he'll move up.

ETA: Not personal best; it was a seasons best. Also noted that he was second in the FS of GPF!

Last edited:

mishieru07

On the Ice
At kiss and cry, Adam said "I finally scored more points than Yuna (in short)"

LOL :laugh:

He looked really happy with his score though; yaye!

Okay just watched Brian's SP. Great skate; what a redemption!

Hmm Jeremy lost out on tech to Brezina. That's interesting.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Oda aside, the men really brought it today!

I agree. I expected it to be rather low key with most of the top Olympic men gone, but this was one of the most impressive mornings of skating in a while (well, the first morning of skating I've had, but you get the idea) I've seen. We really got a peek into the future. Can't wait for the free!

CassAgain

On the Ice
Well, it's extremely close between Jeremy and Michal, and both of them will be in the final flight. The LP will settle it--hopefully fairly. I'm not seeing the Joubert in third thing although I must admit that I am missing the Chan appreciation gene.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
LOL :laugh:

He looked really happy with his score though; yaye!

Okay just watched Brian's SP. Great skate; what a redemption!

Hmm Jeremy lost out on tech to Brezina. That's interesting.

Well it's still early. Plenty of time for people to implode in the LP (though I hope they won't). And I'm not really surprised that Brezina beat Jeremy in TES, all three of his jumps were huge and wonderful.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I'm so glad everyone is skating well, better than Olympics. Did Oda get the Tomalina Kotver flu?? Poping all of his jumps. =(

Bennett

Record Breaker
Dai seems to have the momentum to win AFA the judging goes. But he could self-distract with the quad attempt. If he goes for it, he'd be giving it away to Joubert with quads or a clean Chan. Koz is perhaps not within the reach even with a quad though. I hope that Koz, Joubert, Dai, Jeremy, and Chan medal (whichever that does well).

lavender

Record Breaker
Yeah Takahashi is a favorite of the judges and mine so it's nice to see that when all the top skaters skate he still can come out ahead as he should. Long program is going to be interesting. Wish all good luck.