Men SP starting order | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Men SP starting order

mishieru07

On the Ice
Well good luck to everyone for the FS! Skate great guys!

Arghh I can't choose between the lot! I like them all for different reasons lol. Can I have a 7 man podium?

Never say never ... anything can happen on the ice (We've already seen a bomb of Kostner proportions). I'll be delighted if Kozuka manages to podium though; I looove his skating and programmes!

beep_beep

Medalist
Thank you for all your comments, guys!!! :clap:
I'm stuck at work and couldn't watch it.

Too bad for Oda... :cry:, too great for Takahashi.
And honorable mention to brazilian boy Kevin Alves, for almost making it to the FS :clap: (he wasn't even close in previous years...)

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Jeremy - redeemed!

Patrick - redeemed!

even..Brian - redeemed ( but tired of your pelvis, Brian...everyone's got one ).

Daisuke - Close to godliness

Takahashi ; Adam - sw-e-e-et

Nobu -:eek::cry:

Dog walking - me , right now.

Of course, this isn't over till it's over but there were some surprising, and an excellent field of skating!!

Skaters who surprised me:

I think Michal Brezina is now one of the top boys in the competitive field. Hope he hangs on to being top 5 after LP.

Javier Fernandez - Incredible improvement He skated as one of the top boys, imo.

Kevin Reynolds - Better than many pundits thought. Great non-flailing arms!!!

Kovaleski - New to me, but he's on the right track for medals.

and nice to see Chan, Abbott and Joubert on the right track. Hope the Order of Skate is different.

It's a MUST SEE LP

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
IMO Taka should play safe and forget about the quad. If he goes clean, w 8 triples, he should be ahead of Chan. Brian will probably need his quad and will attempt one for sure, but if he fails, his program doesn't have enough elements to give him cushion like Takahashi. I don't think he even try to attempt second 3A. In that case either Kozuka or Abott could sneak in for the bronze at least, who ever is more cleaner!!

Any rate, I'm excited for everyone and good luck!! I hope the judges finally reward Abott and Kozuka the PCS they deserve!!

Wicked

Final Flight
Oh, Nobu. I love him. This just breaks my heart.

Glad to see a lot of the top guys skate well, particularly Brian and Jeremy.

Ren

On the Ice
I'm relying on PBP, fellow fans. Was Orser with Adam in the Kiss and Cry? If so, can anyone describe their interaction? Other than the "I finally got higher score than Yu-Na" thing.

wallylutz

Medalist
I'm sure they aren't :laugh:

I'll have to watch Chan and Joubert more closely. I though I'm not a Joubert fan he does have more content in his short.

If by content you mean having the more difficult jump combo, you are correct. As far as the 7 other elements are concerned, however, the answer is no. It's similar to the Plushenko vs. Lysacek debate in Vancouver where Lysacek edged Plushenko in the TES, to the confusion of many viewers who only watch one element and nothing else.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
The gold is still anybody's. This is so exciting. So happy and proud of Brian coming back like that. I would have him in first. Dai and Chan both perfect. I think Plushy is happy he didn't show up. I can't imagine him beating on the top spot after those skates.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm so glad everyone is skating well, better than Olympics. Did Oda get the Tomalina Kotver flu?? Poping all of his jumps. =(

Yes, a very bad version of that flu. I don't think Carolina or Tomas have ever not made the FS at worlds before or popped ALL their jumps. I think something must have been very wrong with Oda, he's normally so consistent with his jumps. He looked like he was about to puke when he stepped on the ice.

figuristka

Medalist
The eurovision sports has a replay of the 1st and 2nd half of the men's short programs if anyone missing some. Think it only plays in Europe though?

enlight78

Medalist
I think oda knew he had a will strong chance of winning and he just got hit by a bad case of nerves

silverlake22

Record Breaker
The gold is still anybody's. This is so exciting. So happy and proud of Brian coming back like that. I would have him in first. Dai and Chan both perfect. I think Plushy is happy he didn't show up. I can't imagine him beating on the top spot after those skates.

Joubert is hott and he has a quad but IMO his basic skating is lacking. I still love him though and was happy to see him skate well here.

Predictions going into the LP:

1.) Chan
2.) Joubert
3.) Kozuka
4.) Takahashi
5.) Jeremy
6.) Michal
7.) Adam
8.) Voronov
9.) Contesti
10.) Ten

Bennett

Record Breaker
My prediction:

1.) Joubert
2.) Jeremy
3.) Dai
4.) Chan
5.) Koz

Nob has never shown his full potential at big comps. Zayak three times, hitting the fence, lace, and now this. There has been something really dramatic and unthinkable about his mistakes. That's why it seems all nerves. Yet, I wonder if there was anything bad around his skates at this time like new lace or new blades etc. He's been pretty consistent in his jumps regardless of nerves. I wonder if he was still suffering from the trauma at the Olympics. But this one was an even worse hit on his confidence.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
LP:
1. Chan: will fails his 2nd 3A, but the judges will still over mark him
2. Jeremy: land all of his jumps, but the judges will slap him on PCS
3. Dai: attempt a quad, fails, but will deliver never the less, gold slip throw his finger again bc of his quad
4. Brian: will have some minor mistake
5. Kozuka: almost flawless, w maybe one mistake, n the judges will continue to slap him on PCS
6. Rippon or Bernzia

Layfan

Record Breaker
Tomorrow is Nobu's Birthday. Too bad he has to stay outside of the rink :cry:

oh that is SO sad.

Seems like it's the only sad thing. And Bradley but not exactly a surprise. It's so hard being a Ryan Bradley fan. :sheesh:
Good for everyone in the top 6 - especially Joubert!!! Thank goodness. If he wins I wonder if that would rank as the greatest comeback ever from one competition to the next? Lord, I hope he does well tomorrow.

Dai, Chan and Jeremy too. They are actually my three favorites but I can't help but hope for a Joubert redemption as well.