Men SP starting order | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Men SP starting order

Layfan

Record Breaker
Joubert is hott and he has a quad but IMO his basic skating is lacking. I still love him though and was happy to see him skate well here.

Predictions going into the LP:

1.) Chan
2.) Joubert
3.) Kozuka
4.) Takahashi
5.) Jeremy
6.) Michal
7.) Adam
8.) Voronov
9.) Contesti
10.) Ten

I have to say, I will be SO frustrated if this happens. Takahashi and Abbott finishing JUST off the podium. nooooooo.

I'm an optimist. I'm predicting:

Dai
Chan
Joubert or Jeremy

Hoping for
Dai
Jeremy
Joubert
Chan

Joubert is hott and he has a quad but IMO his basic skating is lacking. I still love him though and was happy to see him skate well here.

Predictions going into the LP:

1.) Chan
2.) Joubert
3.) Kozuka
4.) Takahashi
5.) Jeremy
6.) Michal
7.) Adam
8.) Voronov
9.) Contesti
10.) Ten
Looks more like an Order of Favorites or an Order of Hopefuls.

ARipp42014

Medalist
I was watching US's coverage (argh to the camera guy for focusing too much on their skates) and here's my thoughts:

Jeremy: yay he redeemed himself! Not as polished as Nationals but better than Vancouver. A little undermarked IMO. Too bad he's skating first in the final flight.
Kozuka: I'm loving him more and more each competition! He's basically saving the Japanese men right now because of....
Oda: :cry: Is it possible we conduct a flash mob and give Oda an Olympic sized hug? I had a feeling something is up such as nerves after the laces incident in Vancouver or a hidden injury but still so sad that I won't watch his Chaplin LP tomorrow.
P-Chiddy: redeemed himself but a little overmarked. I had him around the 84-85 range with Kozuka.
Dice-K: did not skate as much power as he did last month but got the job done. Please win the Gold! Pretty please!
Baboo: Redemption at last! I'm not the biggest Brian fan but so happy that he redeemed himself, pelvic thrusts and all. I had him higher than Chiddy but just behind Dice-K.
Czech Buttle: :love: I even love his K&C kisses as much as I love Jeremy's "Pigs Fly". A medal is very possible for him.
ARipp: Should I now call him Adam Rippon Seagull? Anyway, besides over-rotating his 3A, his SP is swoonworthy! And of course, I was jumping for joy after the Rippon Lutz. Just 9 points behind Dice-K but any medal is possible. Us Americans can breathe easily now about the 3 spots.
D-10: Great way to end the SP but felt a little undermarked. I had him at least behind Rippon. Let see if we get the 2009 Worlds Denis or the 2010 World Juniors Denis in the LP.

With the exception of Oda "Atomic Bombing" his SP, it was a nice comp. Can't wait for YouTube to post Javi, Lil Flo, and even Crazy Adrian's SPs. Another thing I find refreshing is to hear Johnny Gaga's comments on the skaters. Gives lots of respect to everyone but he is kinda right about P-Chiddy. He said while got the fundamentals and basics, Patrick's not skating with heart. I think deep down Johnny's still upset that he finished behind him in Vancouver.

Btw Jeremy starts the final flight while Dice-K will have the "Pimp Spot". If Brian and Patrick (skating 3rd and 4th) doesn't skate well, he might not need the quad for the LP. However don't underestimate Kozuka and Jeremy if their quads are landed! Tomorrow will be fun to watch!

Ren

On the Ice
Baboo: Redemption at last! I'm not the biggest Brian fan but so happy that he redeemed himself, pelvic thrusts and all. I had him higher than Chiddy but just behind Dice-K.

Why do you call him Baboo? It's a good thing for him Plushy isn't around. Something about Evgeni spooks him out.

Wicked

Final Flight
I wish you guys hadn't told me tomorrow is Nobu's birthday. That boy really needs a hug!

Moxie

On the Ice
Dai didn't do so well with the "pimp spot" at GPF...
Although I will say no more, lest I jinx him.

I'm not surprised with Ryan's placement. He generally has a weak SP showing and now he's skating with an injury.
But I hope he rocks his baroque theatre mojo tomorrow!

Omg, did not expect to scroll so much to find Oda's score. x_x

ARipp42014

Medalist
Why do you call him Baboo? It's a good thing for him Plushy isn't around. Something about Evgeni spooks him out.

Baboo is a nickname Joubert's fans gave him! :) I have a better nickname for him but this is a family forum! Has to do with a certain YouTube video :love: :eek::laugh:

lavender

Record Breaker
Hoping for

1. Dai
2. Chan
3. Abbott

That would be great...

I would like it to be

1. Dai
2. Abbott
3. Chan....really I can deal with anyone getting this spot right now although I do like his skating. Just having trouble with his mouth these days.

Moxie

On the Ice

Hrm, I am not sure how much of Jouby's troubles can be blamed on Plushenko.
He also had poor performances at the French Masters and TEB this year.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Im just speechelss about Oda..

And very happy for Taka, Contesti, Adrian, Brian.

Top 12 Guys in TES :

1 Brian JOUBERT FRA 47.90
2 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 47.40
3 Patrick CHAN CAN 47.40
4 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 46.60
5 Michal BREZINA CZE 45.40
6 Jeremy ABBOTT USA 44.20
7 Adam RIPPON USA 43.76
8 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 42.60
9 Denis TEN KAZ 41.90
10 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 41.70
11 Javier FERNANDEZ ESP 41.50
12 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 39.80

Top 12 Guys in PCS:

1 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 41.90
2 Patrick CHAN CAN 40.40
3 Brian JOUBERT FRA 39.80
4 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 37.60
5 Jeremy ABBOTT USA 36.85
6 Michal BREZINA CZE 36.35
7 Adam RIPPON USA 36.35
8 Samuel CONTESTI ITA 35.80
9 Denis TEN KAZ 35.50
10 Kevin VD PERREN BEL 34.75
11 Sergei VORONOV RUS 34.10
12 Nobunari ODA JPN 33.35

jennylovskt

Medalist
Haven't had time to read through this long thread yet.

In general, great performances from the top guys! Sad for Oda.:cry:

I thought Takahashi, Chan, and Kozuka were great. But Joubert did even more wonderful considering how he did at the Olympics. He did all his jumps clean with a 4t-3t, and more over he performanced sharply this time!:love: He definitely deserves a first, at least a second place finish before Chan today.:disapp: So the quad talk continues. Even Paul Wylie thought that Joubert's score was too low. Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski also thought Joubert should be in the first or second place.

Jeremy did reservedly and tight, but at least he did all his jumps. A little wobbly landing on 3A. But we'll take it.:love: Jeremy has a chance to be on the podium. However, he has to go out all the way and skates like what he can skate.

Sad for Bradley, and happy for Rippon.

Last edited:

Wicked

Final Flight
Baboo is a nickname Joubert's fans gave him! :) I have a better nickname for him but this is a family forum! Has to do with a certain YouTube video :love: :eek::laugh:

I thought the name Baboo came from fans overhearing Brian's mother call him that.