Men SP starting order | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Men SP starting order

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
And Bradley but not exactly a surprise. It's so hard being a Ryan Bradley fan. .

I feel you... as I said earlier, other than Evan, Ryan is my favorite skater and I was really hoping he'd win. Now, the best I can hope for is a clean free. (and I'm a big Cleveland sports fan too..... thank God I'm an Evan fan)

As for Oda - I feel even worse knowing that tomorrow's his birthday. I've never been a huge fan, but you can't NOT feel bad for someone when that happens.

I'm really happy for Jeremy and Brian after Vancouver though. And Daisuke was amazing.

My predictions for tomorrow:
1. Takahashi
2. Joubert
3. Chan
4. Abbott
5. Kozuka
6. Rippon

My hopes (as realistic as I can):
1. Abbott
2. Rippon
3. Takahashi or Joubert
Bradley moves into top 15

chloepoco

Medalist

Oh, I think I just fell in love with Kozuka!! His skating is just so smooth and effortless!!!! And I love that little pat thing that Mr. Sato does everytime before Kozuka goes out--he seems like such a calm coach. Oh, and Kozuka's 'wink' :) Mao should go to Mr. Sato!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I wish you guys hadn't told me tomorrow is Nobu's birthday. That boy really needs a hug!

Poor Oda, and so unlike him too! I wonder if one of the top ladies will have a atomic meltdown of that degree, I certainly hope not. Oda is just so adorable, I know he's 22, but he looks 12 and because of that I want to hug him! Besides him a well skated event. Looking forward to the LP, I was very happy to see the 2014 crew (Czech Buttle :love:, Lutzy Rippon, D-10, Javi, Lil Flo, Adrian) all skate so well. And hooray, redemption for Jeremy, Brian, and Contesti (love his overalls :laugh:!)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
This was a great competition with so many successful programmes!

Most I enjoyed these performances:

Fernandez - WOW
Guan - I don´t think I have seen his skating earlier?
Abbott - he defeinetely was robbed in PCS!!!
Kozuka - really enoyable, dynamic and effortless
Chan - what a pity that he did not skate like this at the Olympics
Takahashi - fantastic and so charismatic
Rippon - I really like his skating style and he is a very good looking guy, LOL

I really hate to see skaters congratulating themselves during a performance like Joubert did. It shows how out of the interpretation he is, well he anyway is too wooden to be able to interpret anything, LOL. He is just doing moves that he has learned by heart. I was though glad that his jumps worked so well today, maybe he has recovered from his Olympic shell-shock...? The judges still give him ridiculously high PCs scores!!!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Brezina was one of the best of the event, if I do say so myself. First off, he's hott, and secondly, he has the best 3a I've ever seen! Plus he looked happy with his scores. And he and Tomas are friends, even though he's better than Tomas now and has reason to think his teammate is a joke.

I think I prefer Javi's James Bond SP to Yuna's....but maybe that's just because he's so adorable.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I just don't get why Brian's PCS scores would be higher than Abbott and Kazuko. If the judges didn't go by rep it would be different.

The same can be said about Patrick Chan. He often gets inflated scores. His scores here were a bit more reasonable than they were at the Olympics, but he still got marks that were a little high.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
The same can be said about Patrick Chan. He often gets inflated scores. His scores here were a bit more reasonable than they were at the Olympics, but he still got marks that were a little high.

Chan does have good edge quality and height in his jumps, but I actually think he's comparable with the other guys his age (Brezina, Rippon) though his scores are always soo much higher. In my opinion, he's still a bit immature.

miki88

Medalist
Oh, I think I just fell in love with Kozuka!! His skating is just so smooth and effortless!!!! And I love that little pat thing that Mr. Sato does everytime before Kozuka goes out--he seems like such a calm coach. Oh, and Kozuka's 'wink' :) Mao should go to Mr. Sato!

Mr. Sato seems so nice. Kozuka and Mao having the same coach? I bet Kozuka will be very happy if that happens:biggrin:

piano18

Rinkside
Wow, Brian has some lame choreography, what's wiith all the finger pointing he added this himself?

seniorita

Record Breaker
i just came from Palavela and I have so many questions- observations i want to explode! lol.very mixed feelings.
I think officially i have seen all eligible skaters this year :D
For now I cant believe what happened to oda and artem. I just cant.
I have many many photos but i forgot to bring the cable of camera with me, it will have to wait.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Chan does have good edge quality and height in his jumps, but I actually think he's comparable with the other guys his age (Brezina, Rippon) though his scores are always soo much higher. In my opinion, he's still a bit immature.

Yes, and I would like Chan to keep quiet this week. He was a bit better than usual about his remarks, but even in his interview on CBC he had to say that the reason Takahashi is ahead of him after the short is just because Tak is more outwardly charismatic on the ice. Stop analysing all your competitors and just focus on yourself!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yes, and I would like Chan to keep quiet this week. He was a bit better than usual about his remarks, but even in his interview on CBC he had to say that the reason Takahashi is ahead of him after the short is just because Tak is more outwardly charismatic on the ice. Stop analysing all your competitors and just focus on yourself!

As usual, Chan just can't admit that Dai, at his best, is *better* than him because, well he is the Chosen One, and should be the best right? Too bad you finished 5th in Vancouver and deserved to finish 7th :rolleye:

seniorita

Record Breaker
In case i forgot, I m ubering Kozuka so the rest please stay away, I fell in love once again. And I sent him an airkiss when he was leaving and he smiled back. Totally embarassed me :eek:

Moxie

On the Ice
Mr. Sato seems so nice. Kozuka and Mao having the same coach? I bet Kozuka will be very happy if that happens:biggrin:

Wow. If Mao goes to Mr. Sato the internet will explode. There are quite a few Kozuka/Mao shippers out there.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Wow, Brian has some lame choreography, what's wiith all the finger pointing he added this himself?

He's hott and doesn't have much to offer atistically so he shakes his plevis, points his fingers, and makes sexy faces at the audience to hide the fact and get the crowd behind him. At least that's how I see it. If Brian was not so good looking, he'd just be a skater like Van Der Perren, strickly a jumper with not much else to offer.

Phoenix347

Final Flight
I think Kozuka has the deepest edging I've ever seen. What a fantastic skater! However, Takahashi is just a bit better for me. Too bad about Oda... he must be depressed by his performance. He had the second lowest TES at 16.90 and the lowest was 16.74 by the last place guy (Girts Jekobsons)! A nice skate by Chan as well.

lavender

Record Breaker
I really hate to see skaters congratulating themselves during a performance like Joubert did. It shows how out of the interpretation he is, well he anyway is too wooden to be able to interpret anything, LOL. He is just doing moves that he has learned by heart. I was though glad that his jumps worked so well today, maybe he has recovered from his Olympic shell-shock...? The judges still give him ridiculously high PCs scores!!!

I agree Jaana..

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
He's hott and doesn't have much to offer atistically so he shakes his plevis, points his fingers, and makes sexy faces at the audience to hide the fact and get the crowd behind him. At least that's how I see it. If Brian was not so good looking, he'd just be a skater like Van Der Perren, strickly a jumper with not much else to offer.

Why do people keep saying he shakes his pelvis? I haven't noticed him doing that more than any other skater.