Men SP starting order | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Men SP starting order

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Why do people keep saying he shakes his pelvis? I haven't noticed him doing that more than any other skater.

Have you seen his SP?? He just does silly sexy moves instead of actual choreography, his SP looks like an exhibition pice!

lavender

Record Breaker
I'm watching Joubert now and everytime I laugh. It is silly choreography. Joubert doesn't need to do any of that stuff to be sexy and I just don't get what are those women screaming about.:laugh:

jennylovskt

Medalist
Have you seen his SP?? He just does silly sexy moves instead of actual choreography, his SP looks like an exhibition pice!

I thought Joubert has edited that part since a few competitions ago. I don't mind at all what he was doing right now. He went all the way out this time, and performed great!:love::love::love: He should be first!:rock:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada

Yes, I've seen it several times this season, including this afternoon.

Both his programs this year are based very closely on Alexei Yagudin's style of skating, and on the programs and music Alexei has skated to in the past. Sometimes Brian tries to channel Alexei a little too much, and needs to focus on his own style.

lavender

Record Breaker
Okay I'm watching Chan and I'm not a fan of the man chan but his skating is pure. All that beautiful edging. The only thing Joubert has over Chan is that quad...that's it. I don't get how Joubert with his footwork, spins and choreography should match Chan's footwork, spins, choreography to place ahead of him. Chan's jumps were even smoother to me.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Daisuke has a better artistic score than Chan? Brian's artistic score is only one point lower than Chan's? I don't buy that. None the less, thrilled for the top two, and hope that it ends up being one of them who wins. As for Brian, I hate to say it, but I'd rather have Kozuka on the podium, or even Brezina. Brian's style is still outdated, and I'm really getting sick of his attitude and his inconsistancy. As for Abbot, its great that he skated clean, but he still bores me.

Figure88

On the Ice
Adam did quite well for himself. It's nice to see him receive respect from the judges score-wise. His SB is for the FS is 156.22 at 4CC, which is about what Takahashi scored for his FS at the Olympics. If he skates clean, I could definitely see him moving up a bit. Overall, a very nice senior debut!

Last edited:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Daisuke has a better artistic score than Chan? Brian's artistic score is only one point lower than Chan's? I don't buy that. None the less, thrilled for the top two, and hope that it ends up being one of them who wins. As for Brian, I hate to say it, but I'd rather have Kozuka on the podium, or even Brezina. Brian's style is still outdated, and I'm really getting sick of his attitude and his inconsistancy. As for Abbot, its great that he skated clean, but he still bores me.

I hope Takahashi or Joubert win. Chan's ego would get even worse if he were to win!

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I doubt Chan will retire. He's probably shooting for 2014......
and Ryan Bradley has a broken foot? I had no idea....... it takes guts to go out there and skate with an injury.......

seniorita

Record Breaker
Regarding reacting while skating, wasnt someone last year at worlds by the way celebrating himself while he was doing his spins???did you hate that also? I dont mind seeing skaters celebrating even if it takes them out of interpretation, they feel and they are not robots, if they feel like congradulating themselves, it is their moment.
When I think of a wooden skater who cannot interpret anything but generic choreo I have someone else in mind, not Joub.
I m not fan of joubert but arteeests and all he was the one who woked up the crowd. People suddently got involved to what was happening on ice instead of only applausing. He skates big, you cant watch elsewhere. He made it alot vivid. Joubert when he is on he is a showman. And all his jumps are impressive strong and cover so much distance, I cant say this for many men.

Rest impressions, anyway Abott was the surprise for me, he is much much more captivating than tv. Loved this program. He skates like the rythm of the sea waves. But i can see some people not getting him , he looks down a lot. Maybe the music helped me to like him. Would like to see him in more vivid music also. Will never understand his marks that were low in my opinion and what he did less than Chan and the others?This is the moment I ll abandon comprehersing marks, i was beting Abot to score close to at least 88 with this.

I will tell somethin probably stupid but since nobody does a quad in sp, if all top cream are clean with their triple jumps, today I found hard to understand the placements.

I m happy for Kozuka that he got SB, he had the skate of the night!
When I saw Dai in front of me I couldnt believe I ll watch him skate. He skated great, not as great as Olys though, he was a bit slow combaring to his usualself. The fastest of the japanese guys is Kozuka with the best edges, but Dai is brining more personality on ice, explosive skate. But Kozuka today let himself free and light as a feather. The best program of the night! Sato dad and daughter are very cute people by the way, and Mr Sato speaks so nice to TAkahiko.

Chan.,..so I saw at last why the hype. He is really impressive while he skates, fast and with great edges, his jumps are small though and I dont like high kick please, neverthelless it was the first time I saw him and his flow is what impressed me most. He has the most soft skate.
Borodulin, ah...what bad luck... i think i jinxed him, i was telling my friend he wil be THE skater, the moment he stopped..:(
Voronov I cant get him, but isnt it ironic that now Russia depends on him for the two spots??? I was watching Urmanov, when Voronov skated he looked calm and he is such classy presence.
Morozov first time I saw him not acting like jumping bean, he was still and serious. Oda will someone explain me what was this???All people applauded him and gave him courage, he looked devastated. ((((Oda))) Is he magnet of bad stuff at worlds???His warmup was fine.I dont believe i wont watch Chaplin tommorow...

Brezina was good but I have gotten over the program by now. His jumps are up to the roof. Presentation...he gets better! His spins are not so good, if i dare say. Rippon did two fantastic tanos in warm up, I liked him but as I said I didnt get what he did better than Abott for example. He skates like junior still, but very impressive and I liked apart from tano his donut spin.

Ten is sooooo cute. And gave it all, I smiled watching him. He was the last one, poor thing, and he was goooood :)But he was dressed like a disney penguin.
From the early group I missed Fernandez and Amodio unfortunately, Reynolds is ok but his jumps, rotates fast, his landings I didnt like and i thought he is very slow and kind of boring, Bradley i think he lost weight since winter???I so like him, he skates like a man not a boy, but he is alot slow!But i dont mind,he is adorable to watch!
I think also i have started appreciating Shluths guy.

Around me where Zimerman and Fontana, Preubert, Candeloro and one more I forgot now. The arena was a let down for me, while the outside is a very nice design and with all the parks etc, the inside is poorest than all the venues i went this year, seats are uncomfortable, the glass is annoying (too annoying especially in 3rd row you watch half the skater through glass andhalf without and they look like alien) and while it is small and cozy place, the way it is arranged it makes it cold and the space between audience and ice creates cold ambiance. I was disapointed, Tallinn arena was by far the best place, maybe tommorow if it is packed it will look different, today it was not full. Lol at the songs in between, they put "THat girl is so dangerous'" waiting for someone marks!!!:laugh:

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Hurray! Dai's program is already on Youtube. Finally got to watch.
I'm going back to that all-time favorite men's thread and immediately revising my list to put him near the top!! He absolutely skates circles around everyone else this year when he's on. Stunning.

:love::agree::clap:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Regarding reacting while skating, wasnt someone last year at worlds by the way celebrating himself while he was doing his spins???did you hate that also? I dont mind seeing skaters celebrating even if it takes them out of interpretation, they feel and they are not robots, if they feel like congradulating themselves, it is their moment.
When I think of a wooden skater who cannot interpret anything but generic choreo I have someone else in mind, not Joub.
I m not fan of joubert but arteeests and all he was the one who woked up the crowd. People suddently got involved to what was happening on ice instead of only applausing. He skates big, you cant watch elsewhere. He made it alot vivid. Joubert when he is on he is a showman. And all his jumps are impressive strong and cover so much distance, I cant say this for many men.

Rest impressions, anyway Abott was the surprise for me, he is much much more captivating than tv. Loved this program. He skates like the rythm of the sea waves. But i can see some people not getting him , he looks down a lot. Maybe the music helped me to like him. Would like to see him in more vivid music also. Will never understand his marks that were low in my opinion and what he did less than Chan and the others?This is the moment I ll abandon comprehersing marks, i was beting Abot to score close to at least 88 with this.

I will tell somethin probably stupid but since nobody does a quad in sp, if all top cream are clean with their triple jumps, today I found hard to understand the placements.

I m happy for Kozuka that he got SB, he had the skate of the night!
When I saw Dai in front of me I couldnt believe I ll watch him skate. He skated great, not as great as Olys though, he was a bit slow combaring to his usualself. The fastest of the japanese guys is Kozuka with the best edges, but Dai is brining more personality on ice, explosive skate. But Kozuka today let himself free and light as a feather. The best program of the night! Sato dad and daughter are very cute people by the way, and Mr Sato speaks so nice to TAkahiko.

Chan.,..so I saw at last why the hype. He is really impressive while he skates, fast and with great edges, his jumps are small though and I dont like high kick please, neverthelless it was the first time I saw him and his flow is what impressed me most. He has the most soft skate.
Borodulin, ah...what bad luck... i think i jinxed him, i was telling my friend he wil be THE skater, the moment he stopped..:(
Voronov I cant get him, but isnt it ironic that now Russia depends on him for the two spots??? I was watching Urmanov, when Voronov skated he looked calm and he is such classy presence.
Morozov first time I saw him not acting like jumping bean, he was still and serious. Oda will someone explain me what was this???All people applauded him and gave him courage, he looked devastated. ((((Oda))) Is he magnet of bad stuff at worlds???His warmup was fine.I dont believe i wont watch Chaplin tommorow...

Brezina was good but I have gotten over the program by now. His jumps are up to the roof. Presentation...he gets better! His spins are not so good, if i dare say. Rippon did two fantastic tanos in warm up, I liked him but as I said I didnt get what he did better than Abott for example. He skates like junior still, but very impressive and I liked apart from tano his donut spin.

Ten is sooooo cute. And gave it all, I smiled watching him. He was the last one, poor thing, and he was goooood :)But he was dressed like a disney penguin.
From the early group I missed Fernandez and Amodio unfortunately, Reynolds is ok but his jumps, rotates fast, his landings I didnt like and i thought he is very slow and kind of boring, Bradley i think he lost weight since winter???I so like him, he skates like a man not a boy, but he is alot slow!But i dont mind,he is adorable to watch!
I think also i have started appreciating Shluths guy.

Around me where Zimerman and Fontana, Preubert, Candeloro and one more I forgot now. The arena was a let down for me, while the outside is a very nice design and with all the parks etc, the inside is poorest than all the venues i went this year, seats are uncomfortable, the glass is annoying (too annoying especially in 3rd row you watch half the skater through glass andhalf without and they look like alien) and while it is small and cozy place, the way it is arranged it makes it cold and the space between audience and ice creates cold ambiance. I was disapointed, Tallinn arena was by far the best place, maybe tommorow if it is packed it will look different, today it was not full. Lol at the songs in between, they put "THat girl is so dangerous'" waiting for someone marks!!!:laugh:

Seniorita, I think the posters who complained about Joubert are also ones who don't love Evan ... but you're right and I have to admit that when I read their posts my mind immediately floated back to Evan at worlds, so as an Evan fan I kept my own mouth shut. :laugh:

I prefer Evan's OG performance where he kept the fist pumping to the minimum. :rolleye:

ETA: I just watched Joubert. He was fun! I guess you have to sort of like his disco-style but the guy can dance and I have to admit he grabbed me. He seems fast!

Also I watched Abbott and I didn't seen any tentativeness like some people are saying ... I thought he was fab! I guess he's a much quieter skater than some like Dai and Joubert so maybe that hurts him.

Can't find Tak or Chan or Brezina.

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
Thanks Seniorita, its so nice to know your impressions of the skating watching live as oppost to watching on tv or online. We don't see so well the speed, ice coverage, size of jumps etc. Only top skater at this competition ive seen live in the past i think is perhaps Joubert? May have seen Dai, but not sure. I do think with Chan, those who have skated in the past, or have seen him live appreciate him more.

Zimmerman was there coaching the Italian pair.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Anyone else think Javier is absolutely adorable? I love his hair! And I agree about Patrick, he needs an ego check, hope Brezina beats him tomorrow!

Yes I did. I wa very impressed by him. He is not only good looking he can skate. What did Chan
say? I missed his latest foot in mouth.

lavender

Record Breaker
It's too bad I get myself to root for Chan anymore..he's such a good skater. I just can't imagine what he'd say if he wins the whole thing. His head would be to big for his body.

Seniorita..thanks for the synopsis.

Last edited: