Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Thread: Men SP starting order

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    After watching the Universal Sports Coverage I agree Peter C. that Brian should be in the lead or a Very close second. Plushenko got over 90 at the olympics with the same jump layout which was not done IMO as well as Joubert here and Joubert certainly had more speed, better spins, and skating skills. Sure he is no artist, but the chreo did go with the music and he sold it all the way. Takahashi was really good, he also sold it and I think landed his jumps better than he had at the Olympics, and his footwork and interprtation is just so good I don't have a problem with him being in first.
    Chan was Chan, nice dance-like edges and footwork but he still seems to "nice" and light of movement to really sell the tango. I feel like both his programs this year do not play to his strengths as the 4 Seasons did.

Bottom line, both Brian and Daisuke made me stand up and cheer. Both hit it out of the park and I feel the race for gold should be betteween them

museksk8r, aren't you essentially arguing that judges should be judging reputation/off the ice abilities as well? I agree that Kozuka has shown more range in terms of programs, and I do hope that Chan expands his repetoire, but suggesting that the judges should say "well, Kozuka can skate to "Bold as Love" and Romeo and Juliet, so lets give him a couple extra points"). What should it count towards?
    That's an interesting discussion. I do hear ppl value versatility, but yeah, it's hard to translate into scores. But if you do the same thing over and over again, ppl can get bored. That may be it.

On cloud nine and refusing to come down!
    Quote Originally Posted by iriseyes View Post
    Oh I know... His combination of modesty, talent, and Taka-ness make him just too much fun to adore! He genuinely seems bewildered and appreciative of our adoration-- give him a gift and you get such a heartfelt "thank you" you feel like he might actually save the stuffed moose (or whatever... just a not-so-random example...) you've inexplicably felt the need to offer. LOL. How embarrassing indeed...:o Anyways, we'll be following this one all the way to Sochi!
    AMEN to that. He's so adorable (and has wonderful skating skills too!). I'm definitely rooting for him for the next quad (Skate gods, be kind!!)

IDK about placing Joubert ahead of Chan and Dai ... I don't watch Men's very often but wallylutz's and Tony's comments make sense regarding the TES at least. Not sure about PCS.

GANBATTE Taka-chan and Dai-san! Good luck to everyone for the FS later!

Seniorita, thanks for your nice and personal reports. Hearing from someone actually THERE is so enjoyable. Are you watching all the following disciplines? Keep on having fun and writing essays

Won't voice my opinions about who should be on top of who Just saying that I am sad for Jeremy getting such a low score for such a good performance

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Seniorita, thanks for your nice and personal reports. Hearing from someone actually THERE is so enjoyable. Are you watching all the following disciplines? Keep on having fun and writing essays

Won't voice my opinions about who should be on top of who Just saying that I am sad for Jeremy getting such a low score for such a good performance
    Jeremy was not at his best yesterday. He may have been pretty clean but hearing him talk - he said he was off, was not in his zone, and struggled to keep it together.

I think the judges saw that and scored him somewhat accurately. He is a vey special skater - but what he showed yesterday was not as good as how he skated at Natls. Others are free to feel differently - even eye witnesses - but somehow I belive Jeremy's own words over fans.

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Jeremy was not at his best yesterday. He may have been pretty clean but hearing him talk - he said he was off, was not in his zone, and struggled to keep it together.

I think the judges saw that and scored him somewhat accurately.
    Oh well, fine then that the judges have such a sure instinct about what's happening on the ice

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I love Michal too, and Javi is just a breath of fresh air. I really hope Michal and Tomas dominate next season, I love them both

As for Oda, http://goldenskate.com/articles/2009/w_ms.shtml he says he was not injured or sick, just very, very tense. Poor guy, he looked like a scared little puppy out on the ice , at least he's had a good season up til now (he couldn't really help his lace breaking in Vancouver), I'm sure he'll come back strong next season. Also, I didn't know Javi skated with Morozov though, does that mean he lives in New Jersey?
    It's nice to see skater from countries that are not usually dominate in figure skating doing so well.

It's also nice to see a skater take responsibility for their poor performance.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Really the comments why Plushenko scored ahead of joubert in a different competition on a different space zone a month ago, is at least to say funny. Get over it. This is the thing you noticed about marks after 50 skaters at worlds???The same skater gets diffrent marks in different competitions and you try to find a reason why two different skaters took different marks in two different competitions?Sorry it is hard to follow it.

WC 2010 Men sp small medal award ceremony.avi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYnuLnRpiv0

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30