Pairs Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Langlois & Hay . Not their day apparently. They will finish 12th after the SP and the chances for 3 spots next year are almost gone.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Wow, Amanda & Mark have the highest PCS score right now! That is BEYOND cool even though I know it won't last too much longer, LOL :)

Go Aliona & Robin!! :clap:

LongTimeLurker

On the Ice
S&S did not do well, either. A double on the SBS jumps for Robin, and their SBS spins were not synchronized. :-( I was so hoping they would do well....

Tesla

Final Flight
S/S are just so good. I didn't realize Robin doubled the triple toe. They'll still be in first, but I wonder how P/T and the two Russian pairs will do.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Aww, this has not been Aliona & Robin's year. I hope they can regroup and skate an awesome LP tomorrow. :eek:hwell:

gold12345

Medalist
I don't think Langlois/Hay should have tried the triple twist. I wonder if the poor landing had anything to do with her fall on the throw immediately after. I hope some of the top pairs can skate clean otherwise this is a little dull. It's weird seeing Kemp/King in the second to last group!

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
WEEEE!!! Amanda & Mark will be no lower than NINTH heading into the LP tomorrow!! That's so great for their first Worlds! :clap:

Tesla

Final Flight
Well, Zhang & Zhang were kind of blah. They did everything, but there wasn't much expression.

hongligl

Final Flight
I can't believe that Z/Z after S/S with these two performances:( no point to compete anymore.

CdnSkateWatcher

On the Ice
They simply seemed to be going thru the motions; no energy, it was just performing it by rote. Frankly, I found it amazingly boring ...

Tesla

Final Flight
Yeah, and I think that was reflected in the PCS mark. If Z/Z showed they cared or any emotion, maybe they'd be in first. They kinda trounced S/S in TES.

apple123

On the Ice
to be honest, s/s are a bit flat and z/z are emotionless, but a clean skate should beat a skate with two mistakes, well...

skatemom1122

Final Flight
Not me. The only element that was stronger was the SBS jumps. All other 7 elements + the artistry was inferior.