Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Short Program

Custom Title
    doubled the sbs jump and the out of sync spin

Custom Title
    I'm not even a fan of Z/Z's but they were crystal clean and had very high quality in each of their element, and I don't think their presentation is short of others' to be honest, this one and the olympic ones. I think Z/Z are doomed this season, they were given the sterotype and no matter how well they skated they just don't get the marks they deserve. poor Z/Z.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Z&Z need some spunk if they want to win another world title

Whippet Good!
    You mean if Z/Z want to win a title. They've never won a World title. Pang & Tong have.

Quote Originally Posted by enlight78 View Post
    Z&Z need some spunk if they want to win another world title
    Sadly Z&Z have never won a world title. Just 3 silvers and a bronze.

Custom Title
    If Z/Z were going to bring back a short program, they should have went back to last year's. Their presentation is just always so lackluster, but I actually didn't mind last year's SP. They are SO good technically... Do they even realize that even a little emotion out there would really help their placements?

Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    If Z/Z were going to bring back a short program, they should have went back to last year's. Their presentation is just always so lackluster, but I actually didn't mind last year's SP. They are SO good technically... Do they even realize that even a little emotion out there would really help their placements?
    I agree. Technically strong, and the TES mark reflects that. But the PCS is just a nightmare. They are lucky it's that high, honestly.

Rinkside
    I agree with you. Z/Z just lack of artistry, with a fair analysis. Last year's SP was created by Maria Zueva. However the big coach "Yao Bing" decided to use this untasteful SP because of its previous highest historical records. Though there might be some arguments and disagreements on the score, but unless they improve their artistry like Shen/Zhao, otherwise, it would be extremely difficult for them to pursue higher position.

Custom Title
    The only thing I could think about might be a downgrade of Z/Z's death spiral, might be a bit short of rotations? Have to wait for protocols . That sbs 3S was such a beauty, so was the twist. SBS spins were so in sync, I was thinking something around 74 at least, an insult of my "intellegence and expertise", I guess, that might be why I'm so upset.

anyways, go D/D, go P/T!

Solid short for K/S. Should be first.

Quote Originally Posted by hongligl View Post
    I'm not even a fan of Z/Z's but they were crystal clean and had very high quality in each of their element, and I don't think their presentation is short of others' to be honest, this one and the olympic ones. I think Z/Z are doomed this season, they were given the sterotype and no matter how well they skated they just don't get the marks they deserve. poor Z/Z.
    Their elements are fine and have always been so - very high lifts especially, but the overall performance is no more than good standard with nothing else in the way of being special. I believe the judges are becoming aware of the whole package, vis-a-vis Plushenko. Praise to be.

Whippet Good!
    Yeah, there's your leader. Wow! By a lot, 73.12.

Rinkside
    How much the 73.12 higher than S/S?/

Custom Title
    Brilliant by M/T. That has got to be first.

Well, the Germans did a double! Mukhortova & Trankov skated VERY well. GOod bounce back from Vancouver. First?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast