Pairs Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program

SamuraiKike

Medalist
D/B are 6th!! Nice. Americans placements add up to 15. Not far off 13...could we pull it off?

I Dont Think D/B can move above the top 5 teams but if E&L skate clean , they could surpass D&D and B&L and if those two teams make mistakes, so is possible but not so much.

gold12345

Medalist
D/B are 6th!! Nice. Americans placements add up to 15. Not far off 13...could we pull it off?

No.

If the Canadian teams continue having meltdowns, I guess you never know. But the fact that that SP from D/D went ahead of E/L who pretty much did the best they could says it would take quite a few meltdowns from other teams for the Americans to move up any further.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
I think the U.S team has a chance if both team skate clean tomorrow!! If they did, I think that will be the first time the U.S will be able to send 3 teams for next year in Japan.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
The long program will tell, if the huge PCS boost from Olympics will continue here too. Both Russian teams are not known for their consistency, and D/B will probably have trouble with their side by side jump again. And the Zhangs, their PCS currently ranked in #5 so they need absolutely perfect TES wise to have any chance of getting the title.

skatemom1122

Final Flight
There is a chance Denney and Barrett could hold 6th. There is also a (small) but reasonable chance Evora and Ladwig could pull up to 7th, so we'll see. For the first time in a while, it does seem possible.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think D/B and E/L have a chance. I think E/L are LP skaters (especially with the amazing lifts -- remember their star lift got the highest score for a single element in the Olympics LP). And I think D/B dusted the cobwebs from the Olympics.

We shall see!

Moxie

On the Ice
Interesting the biggish gap between P&T and K&S. I can't wait to watch all the contortionist catchfoot later.
I just hope S&S can hang on to a medal tomorrow. But it's hard defending your title.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also..I would like to see a certain American pairs skater eat some major crow. So go E/L and D/B!

Moxie

On the Ice
Also..I would like to see a certain American pairs skater eat some major crow. So go E/L and D/B!

Hrm, perhaps I have been away too long. Is there a certain American pairs skater that deserves to eat some major crow?

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: Bravo! Caydee and Jeremy ( I just love her spunkiness)..and likewise :thumbsup: to Amanda and Mark.

D/D...as I feared..:disapp: I don't know if they can redeem themselves in the FS or not . I fear not.

L/H...I have hopes they'll be OK in the FS ..she's usually fine with the throw ,so they shouldn't be too devastated .

B/L ..great job !

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
K/S' skating is a travesty to pairs skating, and their inflated score is travesty to mankind. These two need to be gotten rid off.

gold12345

Medalist
Hrm, perhaps I have been away too long. Is there a certain American pairs skater that deserves to eat some major crow?

John Baldwin publicly complained about losing to Evora/Ladwig at Nationals. Then he said something like, "You (meaning USFS) want us to go to Worlds because you don't think the second place team is good enough?" or something along those lines. I don't even know what he was talking about, as I assume Inoue/Baldwin were only going to get offered an alternate spot for Worlds. It was rather immature, but several people really did think Inoue/Baldwin deserved 2nd at that competition based on how they skated.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
John Baldwin publicly complained about losing to Evora/Ladwig at Nationals. Then he said something like, "You (meaning USFS) want us to go to Worlds because you don't think the other team you're sending is good enough?" or something along those lines. I don't even know what he was talking about. It was rather immature, but several people really did think Inoue/Baldwin deserved 2nd at that competition based on how they skated.

I was probably being a bit dramatic; but my point remains — I think it would be good to show that E/L's 2nd place wasn't as much of a fluke that that the U.S. figure skating community believes.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Interesting the biggish gap between P&T and K&S. I can't wait to watch all the contortionist catchfoot later.
I just hope S&S can hang on to a medal tomorrow. But it's hard defending your title.

I think S/S can hangs on to the medal even if they make mistake(s). They have the PCS advantage, with only P/T capable of beating them, in that part. The question is can K/S can hang on to the podium, as three teams are right on their heel and if they skate clean, I am sure they will definitely beat the defending world champ like at European. I hope they will attempt the 4S throw again in here though.

Z/Z and M/M, both team will need to skate clean and the judges will probably still ranked them second in favor of their country mate. But with their personal best close to 130ish they can squeeze in for a bronze.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
M/M FS is very nice though and I prefer them to be on the podium than K/S. Both have great chemistry and when they skate clean, it's stunning.