Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 94

Thread: World's Prediction Thread

  1. #1
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,990

    World's Prediction Thread

    I can't believe we don't have one yet!

    Ladies:

    Yu-na Kim. Not as spectacular as at the Olympics due to her cold and not wanting it as bad.
    Mao. More great skating from Mao but again unable to catch her rival. A downgraded jump in the LP.
    Mirai. She lands her 3/3 in the short and skates lights out in the free again.

    Men:

    Plushenko does his schick and wins easily as he crowns himself the new King.
    Daisuke Takahasi gets the GOE that he deserves even with the fall on the quad. again.
    Patrick Chan redeems himslef and get a bronze.

    Pairs:
    who is going? Germans win if they go.

    Dance:
    Virue and Moir. The golden team.
    Davis and White. right on thier heels
    Fallia and Scali. Finally get a medal.

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,981
    I'm going to predict 10 spots because there are so many people.

    For Ladies: this is assuming JoRo and Caro don't show, which I have heard they will not

    1.) Yuna
    2.) Mao
    3.) Mirai
    4.) Miki
    5.) Rachael
    6.) Laura
    7.) Akiko
    8.) Alena
    9.) Ksenia
    10.) Min-Jung Kwak (hey, who knows with those Euro ladies being so inconsistent)

    Men: assuming Joubert and Lambiel do not go

    1.) Plushenko
    2.) Oda
    3.) Chan
    4.) Kozuka
    5.) Johnny
    6.) Jeremy
    7.) Brezina
    8.) Bradley
    9.) Contesti
    10.) Verner
    Last edited by silverlake22; 03-08-2010 at 06:06 PM.

  3. #3
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    For Ladies: this is assuming JoRo and Caro don't show, which I have heard they will not


    Where did you see that? And why are they not going?


  4. #4
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I'm going to predict 10 spots because there are so many people.

    For Ladies: this is assuming JoRo and Caro don't show, which I have heard they will not

    1.) Yuna
    2.) Mao
    3.) Mirai
    4.) Miki
    5.) Rachael
    6.) Laura
    7.) Alena
    8.) Ksenia
    9.) Kiira
    10.) Min-Jung Kwak (hey, who knows with those Euro ladies being so inconsistent)
    You really think Akiko will be out of the top 10?!


  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    You really think Akiko will be out of the top 10?!

    Realistically no, because at least one of the European ladies is likely to bomb, and Kwak more realistically will be 12th or something. I'm going replace Kiira with Akiko now though, because Kiira just had the SOHL at the Olympics and I don't think she"ll have another one at worlds.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post


    Where did you see that? And why are they not going?

    I heard Marchei might take Carolina's place so Carolina can take time to regroup, and Joannie I think is doing a show the days before worlds starts. I don't know for sure about this though.

  7. #7
    Custom Title MikiAndoFan#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I heard Marchei might take Carolina's place so Carolina can take time to regroup, and Joannie I think is doing a show the days before worlds starts. I don't know for sure about this though.
    I would hate it if they skipped Worlds.


  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    I would hate it if they skipped Worlds.

    Well apparently Joannie is going to worlds now? Someone said that she confirmed it but i'm not sure. As for Carolina, there has been no official announcement that she won't go so I don't know about her either. They could both be there but as of right now there are a lot of people who are still question marks...like Joubert (test skate?), Caro (Marchei?), Joannie (show?), Bradley (broken ankle?).....I wish someone had the answers.

  9. #9
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Yuna, Mao and Mirai -- provided that they do decent. I can't predict the exact placement since Yuna has a cold right now, and I wonder how much effect it's going to have on her condition and stamina.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post

    Plushenko does his schick and wins easily as he crowns himself the new King.
    Daisuke Takahasi gets the GOE that he deserves even with the fall on the quad. again.
    Patrick Chan redeems himslef and get a bronze.
    Patrick Chan was very overmarked at the Olympics and I think that should count as his medal for this year.

    I certainly hope to see fairer judging in the men's event at Worlds.

    What I would most like to see is for Johnny Weir to skate well again and get on the podium. It will help make up for his under-marking at the Olympics.

  11. #11
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Patrick Chan was very overmarked at the Olympics and I think that should count as his medal for this year.

    I certainly hope to see fairer judging in the men's event at Worlds.

    What I would most like to see is for Johnny Weir to skate well again and get on the podium. It will help make up for his under-marking at the Olympics.
    OTH, Patrick's season got off to a slow and rocky start with injuries and his coaching situation and it could be that he finally peaks at worlds and deservedly gets a medal. Needs to land his 3as though.

  12. #12
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Joannie is only doing an exhibition tribute to her mom, but from all current sources I'm aware of still plans to compete at Worlds. She's not competing in that pro Thin Ice event, so her eligibility for Worlds is still in tact.

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,981
    Okay so now that Joannie is in and Johnny Weir is out, I'm changing my predictions.

    Ladies:

    1.) Yu Na
    2.) Mao
    3.) Mirai
    4.) Rachael
    5.) Joannie
    6.) Miki
    7.) Akiko
    8.) Laura
    9.) Ksenia
    10.) Alena/Elene


    Men:

    1.) Plushy
    2.) Nobu
    3.) PChiddy
    4.) Dai
    5.) Jeremy
    6.) Kozuka
    7.) Michal
    8.) Adam
    9.) Tomas
    10.) Ryan/Contesti

  14. #14
    she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    3,657
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Okay so now that Joannie is in and Johnny Weir is out, I'm changing my predictions.

    Ladies:

    1.) Yu Na
    2.) Mao
    3.) Mirai
    4.) Rachael
    5.) Joannie
    6.) Miki
    7.) Akiko
    8.) Laura
    9.) Ksenia
    10.) Alena/Elene


    Men:

    1.) Plushy
    2.) Nobu
    3.) PChiddy
    4.) Dai
    5.) Jeremy
    6.) Kozuka
    7.) Michal
    8.) Adam
    9.) Tomas
    10.) Ryan/Contesti
    I like your prediction for the women and I'm tempted just to shamelessly steal it ... but for fun let me fiddle a little towards the bottom:

    1. Yuna
    2. Mao
    3. Mirai (this is bit of a leap of faith but I'll take the plunge.)
    4. Miki
    5. Joannie
    7. Rachael
    8. Akiko
    9. Lepisto
    10. Alena

    Now, just for fun, here's how I'd rank it if I were the judge and all the above skate to their potential:

    1. Kim
    2. Mao
    4. Mirai
    5. Joannie
    6. Miki
    7. Akiko
    8. Lepisto
    9. Rachael
    10. Alena

    I'm sure a lot of people will think well thank goodness SHE'S not a judge but there it is.

    With the men, I'm curious why you have Dai so low?

    Anyway, here is my prediction in a competition that I think will be very unpredictable, aside from Plush being a strong favorite for gold.

    1. Plushy
    2. Dai
    3. Jeremy/Chan/Oda

    I predict Jeremy will either medal or bomb. In any case, he will not be fourth, fifth or sixth because if he skates clean, I say he's on the podium.

  15. #15
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64
    My prediction is also very close to the above two.

    Ladies:
    1. Kim
    2. Asada
    3. Nagasu
    4. Flatt
    5. Rochette

    This is considering Rochette might not be in her top form right now. But if she can pull herself together through the end of the season and again show us the strength and concentration as she did in Vancouver, I think she will probably take bronze, or even silver. She did beat Asada quite a few times in the last year, didn't she? Personally I hope she manages to deliver two good performances and take a medal. The downside of this happening will be Mirai out of podium, though.

    Men:
    1. Plushenko
    2. Takahashi
    3,4. Oda / Abbott
    5. Chan

    I just couldn't decide 3, 4 between Oda with new skate laces and Abbott with a clean free skate. And I agree with Layfan that Abbott will either medal or bomb.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •